Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
making up missed fasts - 7th Century Generation

- - - - -

making up missed fasts

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_worried muslimah_*

• Guests

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:37 AM

salaams.

I am a Muslim sister & i have a few questions that i need answers to asap.
I have fasts that need to be made up, from 2-3 Ramadan's back, & i still haven't made them up . Im really worried now & i dont know what to do. :(
Can i still make up for those fasts now? Or do i have to do kaffarah? I dont know if i can do that due to health. And obvious female reasons. Do i feed a needy person for every fast missed? I'm very confused. My iman was very weak then and i overlooked the important of making up for missed fasts, but now i regret it so much..
Plz advise me as to what i should to. And plz pray that Allah (swt) accepts my repentance & forgives me.
Wassalaam..

#2 Rajiyat al Firdaws

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

Wa alaikumussalam sis,

You need to do tawbah as these are obligatory fasts and the fact that you didn't make them up yet means you haven't fasted the previous ramadans in full. Secondly, you need to make them up. And if you can't due to health reasons, then you need to feed a needy person for every missed fast.

May Allah make it easy on you

#3 Naila

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Deffence classes

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:13 PM

ameen thumameen.... sister im exactly in da same position as u ..... ive got gud 3 ramadhan fasts 2 make up 4 nd i ave 1 kaffarah... i dunno ow im guna do it... but imguna end up doin it sumhow

#4 Butterfly

Rock

• Brothers
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:52 AM

hahaha! i give credit to naila and guest if you make up for your fasts now in summer, i had to make up 3 from last years, i did them in december, less of a battle. Yeah, i admit it i am weak at keeping long fasts and am worried for these ones coming up. But as for guidance firdaws sums it up.

#5 Naila

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:03 PM

yep true sed bro... but man its guna b 1 of a jihad 4 me tho.... cuz i get ill really quikly wen fastin... but u knw wot imstill guna try... well i see dat earnin jannah is not easy

#6 the_truth

Stone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:35 AM

View Postworried muslimah, on 29 May 2011 - 05:37 AM, said:

salaams.

I am a Muslim sister & i have a few questions that i need answers to asap.
I have fasts that need to be made up, from 2-3 Ramadan's back, & i still haven't made them up . Im really worried now & i dont know what to do. :(
Can i still make up for those fasts now? Or do i have to do kaffarah? I dont know if i can do that due to health. And obvious female reasons. Do i feed a needy person for every fast missed? I'm very confused. My iman was very weak then and i overlooked the important of making up for missed fasts, but now i regret it so much..
Plz advise me as to what i should to. And plz pray that Allah (swt) accepts my repentance & forgives me.
Wassalaam..

Asalaamu Alaikum, My sister the past is gone and all that matters is tomorrow. So do not despair butthank Allah for making you aware and have concern for your imaan.

If you broke any fasts intentionally by eating or drinking then you have to do one kaffarah. Since Ramadan is around the corner now i would suggest doing it after Ramadan maybe in November time when the days get a bit shorter. Do not wait too long as life is uncertain and we do not know when we will go.

You have to fast 60 in a row. The only breaks you can take are for your periouds. If you miss a day out of ill health then you must make up all 60 again. The point of these fasts is that they must be done in a row. After you have done 60 then you must fast all those you missed from puberty until now. Be conservative in your estimation.

However if you are genuinly sick and the doctor has confirmed that you cannot keep 60 in a row due to ill health only then are you allowed to feed the sick for every fast missed.

Everything will be alright inshallah. Thank Allah for giving you guidance and make the best of each second to please Allah and know he wants you close to him. Trust in him and ask of him. Know that he is close.

The past is a distant memory and all that matters is today. So prepare yourself for Ramadan and know that it is truly the month of blessings, mercy, forgiveness and freedom from the torment of the grave and fire of Hell.

And Allah knows best in all matters

#7 Naila

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:36 PM

yep truely .. Allah knows evry state of our hearts...

Reply to this topic

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.