Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 110

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
womn - 7th Century Generation

- - - - -

womn

10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_question_*

• Guests

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:58 AM

Is it possible for women to become a martyr in this day & age?

#2 Abu Muhammad

Where to?

• Brother Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:30 AM

Assalamu 'Alaikum
  • What is different in this day and age than any other?
  • Read the following

My wife (may Allaah have mercy on her) died two hours after giving birth to my daughter. Is my wife considered to be a shaheedah (martyr)? What are my duties towards her daughter? Am I counted as one who sponsors an orphan?

Praise be to Allaah.

If a woman dies with a child in her womb, or she dies during childbirth or after childbirth but within the period of nifaas (post-partum bleeding), she is considered to be a shaheedah in sha Allaah. Raashid ibn Hubaysh narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered upon ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit when he was sick and said, “Do you know who is a shaheed (martyr) in my ummah?” The people remained silent, then ‘Ubaadah said, “Help me to sit up.” They helped him to sit up, then he said, “O Messenger of Allaah, (is it) the patient one who seeks reward from Allaah for his patience?” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Then the martyrs among my ummah would be very few. Being killed for the sake of Allaah is martyrdom, the plague is martyrdom, drowning is martyrdom, stomach disease is martyrdom, and if a woman dies during the post-partum period, her child will drag her to Paradise by his umbilical cord.” The umbilical cord is that which is cut by the midwife when the child is born. The hadeeth was narrated by Imaam Ahmad in his Musnad with a saheeh isnaad. (al-Musnad, 3/489). There is a corroborating report narrated by Maalik (1/233) and Abu Dawood, 3/482).

‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit also narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Who is counted as a shaheed among you?” They said, “The one who fights and is killed for the sake of Allaah.” The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Then the shaheeds among my ummah would be few. The one who is killed for the sake of Allaah is a shaheed; the one who dies of plague is a shaheed; the one who dies of a stomach disease is a shaheed; the woman who dies with a child in her womb is a shaheed.” This was narrated by Imaam Ahmad, 5/315, and by Ibn Maajah, and by Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh, who said its isnaad is saheeh. A report with a similar meaning was narrated by Muslim, as referred to above.
    With regard to how you should take care of your daughter after her mother’s death, this means that you should spend on her, clothe her, teach her good manners and educate her, etc. This is obligatory upon you, and you will have the reward for that as long as your intention is sincerely for Allaah. But this is not counted as sponsoring an orphan, because according to sharee’ah the orphan is the person whose father dies whilst he or she is still a child. Muslim reported in his Saheeh that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The one who sponsors an orphan, whether he belongs to him or to someone else, and I will be like these two in Paradise” – and Maalik made a gesture with his forefinger and middle finger. What is meant by “who belongs to him” is that the sponsor is related to the orphan, e.g. his grandfather, mother, grandmother, brother, sister, paternal uncle, paternal aunt, maternal uncle, maternal aunt, or other relative. What is meant by “or to someone else” is that the sponsor is a “stranger” (i.e., not closely related) to the orphan. Your duty towards your daughter is to spend on her food, drink, clothing and shelter, and take care of her Islamic upbringing, teaching her about her religion and instilling the pure Islamic ‘aqeedah in her heart.
    Islam Q&A
    Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

#3 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

Wa alikum as salaam,

SubhanAllah ... Allahuma barak alayhi :) ameen

jazakumAllahu khayran ...

Hope the answer to the Questioner is solved inshaAllah ! if not then u can please type in ur required Query dear.Questioner :) inshaAllah ...

#4 Al-Siddiq

Comet

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:17 PM

Two ways to die as a shaheed that are unique to women are the one given brother abu muhammad, and also to die during hajj.

#5 ayesha.ansari

Stone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Location:Extend Knowledge Inc 44050 Ashburn Shopping Plaza Suite 195 - 123 Ashburn, VA 20147
  • Interests:Quran teaching

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:42 AM

SUBHANALLAH i knwo the first one but the second reply is new to me. JAZAKALLAH khair.

#6 Al-Siddiq

Comet

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:49 AM

Wayyakum!

#7 ZanjabiLinMYsaLsaBil

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:06 AM

A few duas which will help you reach there inshaAllah:

Allahumma inni asaluka shahadatan fisabeelik wa mautan fi baladi rasoolik!

O Allah, bless me with martyrdom in Your cause and and death in the land of the ProphetSAW!

rabbana la tu-akhidhna innaseena aw akhta'na rabbana wala tahmil AAalayna isran kama hamaltahu AAala alladheena min qablina rabbana wala tuhammilna ma laa taqata lana bih waoAAfu AAanna waighfir lana wairhamna anta mawlana faonsurna AAala alqawmi alkafireena(2:286)

"Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us Forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Maula (Patron, Suppor-ter and Protector, etc.) and give us victory over the disbelieving people."

He alone is our Guardian and Protector. Try to recite the following words abundantly:

“Hasbunallahu wa ni’mal wakeel”,
“Allah is sufficient for us and He is our Guardian”

Edited by ZanjabiLinMYsaLsaBil, 27 October 2011 - 11:07 AM.

#8 ::FAZ::

Fafirru ilAllah

• Brothers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Interests:Not Interested :-)

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:44 AM

57. Abu Thabit from Sahl bin Hunaif (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (PBUH) said: "He who asks Allah for martyrdom, Allah will raise him to the high status of the martyrs, even if he dies on his bed".
[Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith highlights the merit and importance of sincere intention which in fact is so great that by virtue of it Allah raises a person's status to that of a martyr. On the contrary, persons of foul intention will be consigned to Hell by Allah even if they die in Jihad.

#9 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:24 AM

Posted Image

sis susan19 , brother Al-siddiq, and brother FAZ

Posted Image

Edited by ghazala, 28 October 2011 - 08:25 AM.

#10 ZanjabiLinMYsaLsaBil

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:52 PM

wa ahsan al jaza...i hope women have an advantage over men, that they may wish to go for jihad or stay back as long as there are men available, safe from the anger of Allah :)

#11 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

View PostAl-Siddiq, on 13 October 2011 - 06:17 PM, said:

Two ways to die as a shaheed that are unique to women are the one given brother abu muhammad, and also to die during hajj.

Narrated 'Aisha: (the mother of the faithful believers) I said, "O Allah's Apostle! We consider Jihad as the best deed." The Prophet(peace be upon him) said, "The best Jihad (for women) is Hajj Mabrur.

{ Bukhari,Volume 2, Book 26, Number 595}.

Reply to this topic

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.