Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
Apostate uncle - 7th Century Generation

- - - - -

Apostate uncle

32 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Al-wara_*

• Guests

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:07 PM

Assalamulykum.

I have an uncle who is probably the most well mannered and the most kind person i may know. He might even be better than most of the practicing Muslims. And Allah knows him best.

He didn't get married and has taken certain issues of his family very very seriously. For what i know of him he is a very sensitive man.

This man has given up praying his salat. Moreover he criticizes the Ahadith of the Nabi (Peace be upon him). He called it crap Naudhbillah and called all Muslims hypocrites. He said he focuses more on being a good person rather than putting up all the show. Unfortunately he hasn't probably known good practicing Muslims all his life. Thus he once claimed that he has accepted Christianity because he found more peace in it.

To me he looks ruined from the inside because of the problems his family is undergoing and underewent. He seems really confused. He is constantly under stress because he has two old parents to take care of, one of which he doesnt have a good relation with, and an elder sister who didnt get married coz of some reason, who is almost handicapped coz of a leg disease.

Is he not an apostate?How do i deal with a person who doesnt pray and ridicules the sayings of the prophet(saw)?What are some ways that i can give him dawah? (althoh i did try by sending him texts talking about patience but he didnt like them)

May Allah forgive me if i have said something wrong regarding him and his family that he didnt do or say. Ameen.

#2 TorqueWar Seeker

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:37 AM

Wa alaikum salam,

Make dua for Allah to guide him.

#3 Guest_Al-wala_*

• Guests

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

I have been making a lot of dua the past month of Ramadhan Alhumdulilah. I am looking forward for more advice. May Allah reward you sister Torque.

Btw my name is Al-wala, got it mixed up, sorry for that.

#4 Salaam

Official Rebel Leader of BoB

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,925 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:04 PM

the worst muslim is better then the best nonmuslim

anyway regarding your uncle, his accepted christianity as his religion so hje is a murtad, but inshallah he can be bought back, let him know islam states you cannot be a good muslim unless your a good human being, in islam being a good human being is necessary, but islam teaches the best way to be a good human being,

check out these links to help you out on how to go on about it:

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/14418/
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/27093/
http://www.scribd.co...m-by-NonMuslims

which hadith of muhammad saw does he insult?

#5 Salaam

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,925 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:05 PM

and tell him to take a visit their inshallah:

www.chatislamonline.org

#6 sarahpatchkids

Formerly: s123m

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

I have a few people like that within my family....

If only they knew the importance of Prayer (the way Allah wants us to)...

May Allah grant him and all of us "husna-al-khaatimah" Ameen.

#7 Guest_Al-wala_*

• Guests

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

Ameen.well he fasted this Ramadhan although not all but yes he did...he didn't pray taraweeh but still i heard from my aunt that he still prays sometimes...he is essentially really confused and frustrated with his situation in life... sometimes i don't feel like even smiling at him because he insults any religious things that i send him even if they are quranic ayat...i had this answered from a brother and he said that you shudnt even smile at him...

Say, [O Muhammad], "If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives, wealth which you have obtained, commerce wherein you fear decline, and dwellings with which you are pleased are more beloved to you than Allah and His Messenger and jihad in His cause, then wait until Allah executes His command. And Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people." 9:24)

#8 Salaam

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,925 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:31 AM

View PostAl-wala, on 10 September 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

Ameen.well he fasted this Ramadhan although not all but yes he did...he didn't pray taraweeh but still i heard from my aunt that he still prays sometimes...he is essentially really confused and frustrated with his situation in life... sometimes i don't feel like even smiling at him because he insults any religious things that i send him even if they are quranic ayat...i had this answered from a brother and he said that you shudnt even smile at him...

Say, [O Muhammad], "If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives, wealth which you have obtained, commerce wherein you fear decline, and dwellings with which you are pleased are more beloved to you than Allah and His Messenger and jihad in His cause, then wait until Allah executes His command. And Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people." 9:24)

remember muhamamd saw was mercyful to even his enemies, but is he still a christian

#9 Guest_Al-wala_*

• Guests

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:58 PM

Im not sure if he IS really a christain he seems like a mixture of all...kind of like a secular person...RasoolAllah was kind to the kuffar but was he kind to the apostates also?...a kafir and apostate are two different beings...

Whenever we meet we always laugh together and forget about the whole religion thing, hiding it behind ourselves but tell me is this the correct way to behave with a person of such sort. Did the sahabaRA do this? I'm confused with this. How do i deal with him?

Maybe i shud give him dawah, teach him tawheed and other things but if he still shows the same attitude then i think i shud stop sitting with him and get away because then he wud be a REAL apostate proved.

#10 Salaam

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,925 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:52 AM

View PostAl-wala, on 11 September 2011 - 01:58 PM, said:

Im not sure if he IS really a christain he seems like a mixture of all...kind of like a secular person...RasoolAllah was kind to the kuffar but was he kind to the apostates also?...a kafir and apostate are two different beings...

Whenever we meet we always laugh together and forget about the whole religion thing, hiding it behind ourselves but tell me is this the correct way to behave with a person of such sort. Did the sahabaRA do this? I'm confused with this. How do i deal with him?

Maybe i shud give him dawah, teach him tawheed and other things but if he still shows the same attitude then i think i shud stop sitting with him and get away because then he wud be a REAL apostate proved.

no their not, a murtad must go through death penalty, but since khialfah and islamic law doesnt exist we cant do that, so might aswell ty and get them back to the religion and hope allah forgives them, kind of like reproduction before marriage results in death penalty, but without khialfah or even a having a minor islamic ruling like arabia they cant get the death pnalty so best to advise them to ask for forgiveness, same with the murtad might aswell do something, but yes we shoudlnt be too kind with them, as how can we show the same amount of mercy and love to someone who left the religion despite being on the truth, so yeah give them a final warning and after that what else can be done

in sahaba ra time when a person became murtad this happend: http://www.islam-qa..../14231/apostate
http://www.islam-qa..../ref/811/murtad

if he carries on you should leave him alone, as even if he doesnt want to make you a kafir his action will always indirectly lead to that as he will do his thing according to his new beliefs, not mattering whether you feel bad or not

#11 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:47 AM

Posted Image

i agree with the above suggestion of brother salaam ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Skooch

Why am I so different? :'(

• 5I5t3R 5PY CRU y0!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,479 posts
  • Interests:quraan, soccer, tennis, swimming,

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:00 PM

the sahabah used to go jihad against their fathers and brothers because they didnt care who it was when it came to allah, the deen (islam) and muhammad (s.a.w).

#13 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:02 PM

^ agreed ...

#14 Al-Siddiq

Comet

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

Guys, lets first make an effort to understand what the problem is.

From what you are saying, I think your uncle is more emotionally and psychologically frustrated with life and how islam isn't providing the answers.

It is important to know that a person often times needs compassion, kindness, and understanding in speech itself to be able to discuss these things. Present to him why you believe in islam, and tell him that it is always about open discussion. Talk about topics related to our fundamental beliefs, like our belief that this life is temporary and that upon death our trials will be over.

Again I can't say more because I don't know him. You first need to see what is it that made him move away from islam. If you can understand the real reason, then you can help =).

#15 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:04 PM

^ brother i do agree with ur opinion also and give full regard ...

to be honest my view on this is that its just the mercy of Allah ... ofc people do play a part ... and Allahu alim

i can surly tell that coz ... i know there are many family problems and also troubles with family ... even most of the time family is not practicing .... but u know things just happen and u will for sure turn to Allah alone ....

and khayr Allahu alim ...

ofc if someone told something abt RasoolAllah(saw) though he was born muslim ... there is really a problem ... coz even sometime u have no one to guide ... the guidance just come to u ... leaving Islam... when u are born muslim and where mercy of Allah was with u and then going to some other things ... is really shocking to my eyes at least ....

i really think its an ultimate curse .... Allahu alim ....

but for sure repentance and all come along .... when she is telling that he is so well mannered and all ... its even more shocking for me brother .... khayr allahu alim ....

i dont wanna talk on this topic much ...

May Allah have mercy on such persons ... if they deserve to be given mercy .... ameen

Bismillah...

Reply to this topic

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.