Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
Losing myself..? - 7th Century Generation

- - - - -

Losing myself..?

24 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Withdrawn_*

• Guests

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

Assalamu alaikum,

I have become very withdrawn of late and have lost interest in just about everything. I
can't manage to study for a full hour without getting bored and losing interest. I used to
be very keen on productivity and time management, but I now
find myself wasting my time and myself.

I am generally not a social person, but I think it's gradually getting worse since people (especially family) keep complaining.

I used to love being in the company of righteous sisters and circles of ilm. In fact, I used to fall into depression on missing a halaqah. But
now, I just want to be alone. At times Id miss a sister or a friend, but as soon as we meet
or talk on the phone, i cut the conversation short and just want to be left alone.

I also noticed a major shift in my attitude. I used to be very friendly and always trying to maintain ties with those around me.
But now I would go as far as completly avoiding a person until they eventually give up
on me and Stop trying to get in touch with me.

This has obviously had negative impact on my deen and
ibada in general but I don't know how to break through it. People think i'm being 'full
of myself' because I don't want to interact with them. But it's really all about wanting to be alone and feeling extremely
discomforted 10 minutes after being around people.

I don't know why I'm acting like this.

#2 Mu'mina

la ilaha illa Allah <3

• Sister Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:31 AM

*bump*

#3 Skooch

Why am I so different? :'(

• 5I5t3R 5PY CRU y0!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,479 posts
  • Interests:quraan, soccer, tennis, swimming,

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:58 AM

have you tried getting a rukya?

#4 Abu Muhammad

Where to?

• Brother Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:07 AM

View PostSkooch, on 14 July 2011 - 07:58 AM, said:

have you tried getting a rukya?

Exactly what I was thinking.

#5 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:15 AM

Posted Image

dose that mean ... that is a jin ? just a dought ??? it can also be coz may be she is in her start of deen ... or somthing .. or may be people around her are not the way she thinks they are .... or may be she is depressed .... i was just wondering y did u both react as tho its a JIN problem????

it can sometime also be some mood fluctuations ... i think ....

sis can u please describe more as to y dont u want people around u? is it like ur addicted to something ? like same reading some stuff or something like that?

i would like u to let me know ... how u feel when u go to people or when they come and talk to u sis?

also try to be really free here ... so that many people can help inshaAllah....

#6 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

sis if u want i can personally help u inshaAllah ... if u want i can contact u thru email ... inshaAllah we can chat ...

just let me know if u want to .... inshaAllah i will make a dua for u ... May Allah easy ur pain ameen

#7 Abu Muhammad

Where to?

• Brother Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:25 AM

Islam is not about what you or I think.

#8 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:35 AM

ofc its not ... when did i tell that Islam is like what i or u think ...

?

but seriously i dont understand y did u guys suggest the sis to go to a ruqhay? can u please explain what made u think like that?

#9 islam_mydeen

Formerly "born n die - alone"

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts
  • Interests:making you smile =)

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:39 AM

Loll at the brothers. I dont think its a jinn. Its a girl thing (yeah it would be kinda alien to u guys lol) majority of girlies go thru that stage.

#10 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:41 AM

yeah thats what lol and they think its JIN so strange ....

#11 islam_mydeen

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:47 AM

It wouldn't be wise to say everything here. Lol anyways.

But like hun, we get what you mean (the guys dont lol). And its amazing how when you feel like that, you feel so alone. So lost and everything, but there are sooo many others out there feeling exactly the same way.

And i for one, feel like that quite a bit. And bcos i've distanced myself from almost everyone i know in real life - i feel crazily alone at times. I mean im basically in peoples lives to make stupid comments, laugh and annoy adults. No one EVER takes me seriously. Never.

I guess thats why im so addicted to the forums. Lol. People take me slightly more seriously than people in real life. Lol.

And there's a handful of people here who i send an email to or something when im feeling lonely bcos honestly, there isn't anyone to talk to from real life. (btw i apologise for the stupidity of them emails - you know who u are lol). And theres times when im a right mess. And y'know ... But like you feel better after all that blabbing and stuff.

Okay i think im not making much of a point now. Lol. Its more like ranting. Lol.

But sis, y'know, have someone to talk to when u feel lonely. or go pray or read Qur'an or read a book or write poetry or something that makes u feel good. And cry. Lol. I dont cry in front of people but crying is awesome. Loll.

And y'know, if u want, i can give u my email if u wanna talk..

But yah hun, its a girl thing and a lot of us feel like that. And guys think there be something wrong. Lol. Insha'Allah khair.

I didnt make much sense, did i? Lol. Anyways tc sis. Wasalam

#12 Guest_Withdrawn_*

• Guests

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

Jazakumuallahukhayran everyone...

For those who suggested ruqya, believe it or not I have various recitations on my mp3 which I listen to frequntly and it
does indeed help.

I don't think the brothers meant jinn. Ruqya is a healing for physical, mental and spiritual diseases and so it's
able to target whichever area I'm suffering

sisters, may Allah reward you but i don't think my situation is a result of
some hormonal imbalance or what your refer to as a 'girl's' thing.

It's quite the contrary actually. I'm not the type to 'talk' about things
and I despise it when conversations revolve around 'letting it out' and emotions etc..

My problem is just that I don't feel at peace around people. I love being around kids and I'm actually very happy in their presence.
But the moment I sit with adults, I begin to feel gloomy and very uncomfortable even though they might
not be talking about anything that causes me discomfort

the reason I'm worried and the reason I thought about starting this thread was because I knew myself
to be generally not social. But when It began to affect my what used to be a gem
of a relationship with the people I love for the sake of Allah, it
concerned me

I guess I shouldve sought Allah's assistance from the start instead

#13 Skooch

Why am I so different? :'(

• 5I5t3R 5PY CRU y0!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,479 posts
  • Interests:quraan, soccer, tennis, swimming,

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

it doesnt have to be a jinn..it could be evil eye..but signs of someone getting restless impatient or things which she mentioned can be that she is possessed because that is what happens when people are possessed...allahu a3lam

#14 islam_mydeen

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

Ohh yeahh evil eye - totally forgot about that. Lol. But u get restless when ur worried and stressed as well. Lol

#15 Al Muhajir

Formerly 'AMIR'

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:03 PM

From what the poster has explained, I dont see any indication of Jinn possession, so maybe we shouldnt jump to conclusions too soon. She just might be going through a phase,her situation could be psychological, emotional stress, her actions might be signs of depression, maybe she has a lot on her mind making her restless? from My limited knowledge, withdrawing into a shell of your own, feeling restless around people and having problems concentrating, memory loss are some of the major signs of depression which could be triggered by stressful situations

Anyway, I heard ruqyah is shifa regardless if the person is actually possessed by a jinn or not.

Reply to this topic

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.