Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
Losing myself..? - 7th Century Generation - Page 2

- - - - -

Losing myself..?

24 replies to this topic

#16 Al Muhajir

Formerly 'AMIR'

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

Symptoms of Jinn Possession

There are several symptoms of jinn possession. These symptoms have been divided into two categories: those which occur when one is awake, and those which occur when one is asleep.

Symptoms when one is awake:

1- Turning away in particular from acts of worship and obedience, the remembrance of Allah SWT (dhikr) and reading the Qur’an. Allah says:

“And whosoever turns away blindly from the remembrance of the Most Gracious (Allah) we appoint for him Shaytan to be a Qareen (a companion) to him. And verily they hinder them from the path (of Allah), but they think that they are guided aright! “(al Zukhruf 43:36-37)

2- Erratic behavior in one’s words, deeds and movements. Allah says:

“Those who eat Riba will not stand(on the day of Resurrection except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaytan (satan) leading him to insanity.”(Al- Baqarah 2:275)

3- Seizures (with no medical cause) ;there are signs to indicate that a seizure has devilish causes.

4- Paralysis of a limb (with no medical cause).

5- Being quick to get angry or weep with no apparent cause.

6- Sitting in the toilet for a long time, and talking to oneself

7- Constant headache (on one or both sides of the head)with no medical cause

8- Irregular menstruation in women

9- Not producing children although both husband and wife are medically sound and able to reproduce.

Symptoms when one is asleep:

1-Frightening nightmares, which includes seeing varies kinds of creatures such as ghosts or apparitions, seeing oneself falling from a high place, seeing people in strange forms and snakes, A man may see a women who wants him to have intercourse with her (and vice versa ) constantly in his dreams and may see someone threatening him .

2-Insomnia, anxiety and fear upon waking

3 Talking loudly in one’s sleep, or moaning or groaning.

Taken from the book: The Jinn & Human Sickness -by Abul-Mundhir Khalil

http://maqasid.wordp...d-the-evil-eye/

#17 Al Muhajir

Formerly 'AMIR'

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

Symptoms of depression
The symptoms of depression can be complex. If you are depressed, you often lose interest in things you used to enjoy. Depression commonly interferes with your work, social life and family life. There are many other symptoms, which can be psychological, physical and social.

Psychological symptoms include:

• continuous low mood or sadness
  • feelings of hopelessness and helplessness
  • low self-esteem
  • tearfulness
  • feelings of guilt
  • feeling irritable and intolerant of others
  • lack of motivation and little interest in things
  • difficulty making decisions
  • lack of enjoyment
  • suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming yourself
  • feeling anxious or worried
  • reduced sex drive
Physical symptoms include:

• slowed movement or speech
  • change in appetite or weight (usually decreased, but sometimes increased)
  • constipation
  • unexplained aches and pains
  • lack of energy or lack of interest in sex
  • changes to the menstrual cycle
  • disturbed sleep patterns (for example, problems going to sleep or waking in the early hours of the morning)
Social symptoms include:

• not doing well at work
  • taking part in fewer social activities and avoiding contact with friends
  • reduced hobbies and interests
  • difficulties in home and family life
It can take some time to recognise that you may be depressed. Depression may come on gradually and some people continue to deal with the symptoms without recognising them. It can take a friend or family member to suggest that something is wrong.

Doctors describe depression by how serious it is

• Mild depression has some impact on your daily life.
  • Moderate depression has a significant impact on your daily life.
  • Severe depression makes the activities of daily life nearly impossible. A small proportion of people with severe depression may have psychotic symptoms.
http://www.nhs.uk/Co...s/Symptoms.aspx

Edited by Al Muhajir, 14 July 2011 - 05:27 PM.

#18 Guest_Withdrawn_*

• Guests

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:16 AM

Jazakallahukhayran. From the above, i seem to have quite a few symptoms of depression..

Id appreciate practical advice on overcoming it

Thanks

#19 ZanjabiLinMYsaLsaBil

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:24 AM

Assalamualikum wrwb sister, here is a very great dua for your situation. I guess everyone experiences what you are experiencing ryt now...this dua i learnt when i had a similar situation...also keep reciting surah ashrah(94) in your salah and cry before Allah while reciting it inshaAllah...

Allah-humma-inni-a'audhubika-minal-7amma-wal-hazan-wa-a'audhubika-minal-'ajzi-wal-kasal-wa-a'audhubika-minal-jubni-wal-bukhl-wa-a'audhubika-min-ghalabatitdayni-wa-qahrir-rajaal....(i hope i have given it with proper wordings and pronunciation)

O! Allah i seek refuge in you form worries and grief,...incapacity and laziness,...cowardice and miserliness and...from debts and from being overcome by men. Ameen.

Please cross check the dua once...i hope i have given the arabic and english correctly.

Surah Ashrah(THE OPENING FORTH [94]):

Have We not opened your breast for you (O Muhammad (Posted Image
))?

2. And removed from you your burden,

3. Which weighed down your back?

4. And raised high your fame?

5. So verily, with the hardship, there is relief,

6. Verily, with the hardship, there is relief (i.e. there is one hardship with two reliefs, so one hardship cannot overcome two reliefs).

7. So when you have finished (from your occupation), then stand up for Allah's worship (i.e. stand up for prayer).

8. And to your Lord (Alone) turn (all your intentions and hopes and) your invocations.

inshaAllah this will surely help you sister, Fiamanillah.

Edited by susan19, 15 July 2011 - 09:30 AM.

#20 Abu Muhammad

Where to?

• Brother Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:05 AM

View Postsusan19, on 15 July 2011 - 09:24 AM, said:

Allah-humma-inni-a'audhubika-minal-hammi-wal-hazan-wa-a'audhubika-minal-'ajzi-wal-kasal-wa-a'audhubika-minal-jubni-wal-bukhl-wa-a'audhubika-min-ghalabatit-dayni-wa-qahrir-rajaal

I edited your transliteration above a little.

#21 ZanjabiLinMYsaLsaBil

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:03 PM

Allah-humma-inni-a'audhubika-minal-hammi-wal-hazan-wa-a'audhubika-minal-'ajzi-wal-kasal-wa-a'audhubika-minal-jubni-wal-bukhl-wa-a'audhubika-min-ghalabatit-dayni-wa-qahrir-rijaal

Posted Image

#22 Muharrir

Liberator

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:20 AM

Salaams,

isolation from the ppl is a sign of weakness, not strength (except in rare circumstances).

that is what you have to try and overcome. perhaps its true, perhaps the adults that you find yourselves around do not live a true life of obedience and of meeting objectives, a life of purpose and meaning. if this is the case, surrounding yourself with such ppl isn't going to bring you tranquility.

perhaps they are fine, but the problem is with you. but maybe you need a change of environment. this doesn't have to entail extreme measures like migration, its often easier to achieve than we think. sometimes consistent focus on oneself brings about that feeling of despair and isolation. if we get out there with those who are working for islam, get involved in islamic activity, with the right circle of people, talk to the average muhammad and 'a'ishah on the street, we realise the extent of the work that needs yet to be done, we automatically become immersed in the deen, and the feeling is overcome.

other than this make a mental note to yourself that this feeling is temporary, because trust me it genuinely is. after every hardship comes ease. this is a promise of your Lord, Most High. you said yourself, you didnt used to be like this. life will throw many surprises at you, like this. take it in your stride and keep going.

you are in my duas, and all of ours, just stay on top of your faraa'idh in this 'downtime' and Allah swt will bless you with many prime times :)

'alayk assalam,

Muharrir

#23 Al-Siddiq

Comet

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:04 AM

View PostWithdrawn, on 14 July 2011 - 07:23 AM, said:

Assalamu alaikum,

I have become very withdrawn of late and have lost interest in just about everything. I
can't manage to study for a full hour without getting bored and losing interest. I used to
be very keen on productivity and time management, but I now
find myself wasting my time and myself.

I am generally not a social person, but I think it's gradually getting worse since people (especially family) keep complaining.

I used to love being in the company of righteous sisters and circles of ilm. In fact, I used to fall into depression on missing a halaqah. But
now, I just want to be alone. At times Id miss a sister or a friend, but as soon as we meet
or talk on the phone, i cut the conversation short and just want to be left alone.

I also noticed a major shift in my attitude. I used to be very friendly and always trying to maintain ties with those around me.
But now I would go as far as completly avoiding a person until they eventually give up
on me and Stop trying to get in touch with me.

This has obviously had negative impact on my deen and
ibada in general but I don't know how to break through it. People think i'm being 'full
of myself' because I don't want to interact with them. But it's really all about wanting to be alone and feeling extremely
discomforted 10 minutes after being around people.

I don't know why I'm acting like this.

Assalamu alaikum,

I think the entire approach to this by other people has been wrong. You have been given duas, verses of Qur'an, and solutions, but I don't think we have spent time trying to understand and feel what you are going through.

What you feel is very real, and I think from what you have said you are really very tired of the burdens, the constant negativity that is spewed from your environment, and the lack of support and companionship that goes beyond just knowledge.

You want to be alone, but you're unhappy being alone. But you detest being around people, especially the way people are talking about this and that. And children are a welcome sight because they are positive, they are innocent and natural, and they are just give you that warm feeling inside that you can relax around them.

My dear sister, what you need is some time alone, to sit and talk to Allah. You need to feel close to Allah first, because that is at the heart of what will instill in you the feeling of positivity, of warmness, and most of all tranquility.

I don't know your cultural background, so if you read Qur'an a lot or not. But I can say reading Qur'an, in arabic, trying to memorize it with a reciter, looking at the meaning not from a technical view but from something you can think about when you look at life. It will help you a lot. This book is miraculous, and not only that it is literally the speech of Allah. You can hold it to your heart and you know that it is Allah who is conversing with you. Read it, recite it, think over it. It will in all honesty help you a lot

Spend some time alone, in a quiet calm place (could even be your room) and just think about life. Think about positive things, like the environment and how it is harmonious with Allah, look at the signs of Allah around you. Think about how your body functions. Don't let yourself drift into things that make you feel anything negative.

I think this will help ukhti. But inshAllah let me know how you feel and what you think and perhaps we can help understand you better. InshAllah we are all here as a support for you should you need it!

Waalaikum as salam

#24 ZanjabiLinMYsaLsaBil

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:56 PM

“Whenever a rope tightens, it snaps; and the same holds true for hardships: When a hardship becomes too hard to bear, it snaps, making way for ease, comfort, and better days.”

#25 UmmMaryam

'SisterAddy'

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:23 AM

Perhaps you need some ambitions or extra curricular activities, goals to achieve etc? A muslim sister counselor or just a close friend could help you through this low? Depression is not uncommon, women are more susceptible than men on this matter. Important belief is that you should make light of your emotions and gear yourself to bounce back out of it. However sometimes its normal for women to feel like this, to cry a little for no reason. But just dont let this dwell on you. Definitely build a support system around you. P.S if its about not getting along with other sisters because your interests are different, find new friends, otherwise you know you have to give some to get some. Interest that is, you have to be interested in someone to have that person show interest in you. It takes some effort but inshaAllah you will be fine. Duas, zikr and extra prayers also help.

Reply to this topic

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.