wasalam

#17 rambant

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,311 posts
  • Interests:Ants.
    The life of an ant starts with an egg.
    If the egg is fertilized, the ant will be female (diploid).
    If the egg is not fertilized, it will be male (haploid).
    [If the egg is black, it will be Indian (indoid) ROFL!]

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:35 AM

Hmm. Sometimes when I find myself doing something, helping others for instance, I don't immediately question my intention. Like if I'm helping at a wedding or something, there's little or no point doing it to please the people. It will occur to me after a while that I should be helping my fellow muslims for the sake of Allah because He's the one I need to please. And He's given us guidelines on how to please Him, with Insaan it's too hit and miss. That's why I get the quote, it's important to keep it in mind.

Am I even making sense...?

#18 Guest_diesel786k_*

• Guests

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:45 PM

View PostYasmin, on Jul 5 2007, 10:05 AM, said:

I think that means arguing with the people for the sake of showing you are right? It says arguing with ignorant people, that infers you are gna win because ignorant ppl just dont have enough knowledge. What context is that hadith in? Because we are supposed to know how to discuss with nonmuslims etc but for the purpose of guiding to the Haqq, not to show "oh im so good, look i won this debate". What you guys think?

I always have this firm intention that im doing it for the sake of Allah when writing, arguing/debating with non Muslims, shredding light even to Muslims, etc. The reason being? If we do it for the sole purpose for ourselves to "feed", then there is no reward, hence some do it out of pride which is forbidden in Islam. But if its for the sake of Allah, much reward is there for those who seek it.

Its a reason why I don't write down my name on articles, only because im not looking for fame or praise, that is all with Allah alone.

#19 4-Ever-Euphemistic

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,680 posts
  • Interests:Chaplaincy!!

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:04 PM

View PostUmmTaqwah, on Jun 25 2007, 08:03 PM, said:

Assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Mashaa'Allaah a really beautiful article, jazakAllahu khairan.

Are were accountable for the knowledge we learn and do not practice? And how about knowledge you learn and forget?

Also in the past and even now people can attach themselves to Sheikhs and gain knowledge, but also they learnt adaab from them too, how is this possible today?

Fi Amanillah

As it has been said that the seking of knowledge in terms the seeing of islamic knowledge wherein a muslim believer knows how to
carry his life at the commandmends of his lord and off the way he wants us too is a must upon every person who
has the requirements (Aqil,Baligh etc etc).

Now ones it is seeked it he carrys another responsisbility,which is that he doesnt fall into category of hypocrits for who
have enormous of knowledge however which isnt practised,thats why many say one rather have less knowledged but acted upon rather
a large amount which isnt acted upon the least bit.

View PostYasmin, on Jun 26 2007, 06:19 PM, said:

^ to muwahhids post inshAllah next time the admin team will try and see if the author can put in more detailed references :)

UT - yes we are accountable for the knowledge taht we learn n dont practice but i dont think we are at fault if we forget, iA will post more on this later :)

Do you guys think the Muslims are fulfilling this glory of mankind? Are people we know making active efforts to gain knowledge and any more tips on how to do so??

As for forgetting,let me bring to your attention for forgetting the Quran wouldnt be taken so lightly,and the Quran is one
of the greatest knowledge one can receive.

It has been narrated in a hadith to the nearestw ords,he who will memorise the quran and then forgets it will
wake up with a blind eye on the day of judgement,ill get the quote inshAllah.

:)

View PostUmmTaqwah, on Jul 4 2007, 04:06 AM, said:

Assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

I have a question, we are not meant to seek knowledge for the sake or arguing with people, so why do people learn about Christianity, Judaism, Capitalism and Communism? What's the reason if it's not for arguing with people?

Fi Amanillah

Many equipt themselves with teachings about different religions for it becomes handy when discussing ones own religion (islam)
similiarities etc,it deffinantly ould be useful if your approaching a non-muslim of whatever faith to have little knowledge about his faith!

Edited by 4-Ever-Euphemistic, 05 July 2007 - 05:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.