208 replies to this topic

#151 Sahar

Formerly "summaya"

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:17 AM

What a silly thread this has becaome .

Really do you all enjoy bashing shias and making 4 word posts that much?

Edited by Sahar, 22 September 2007 - 02:18 AM.

#152 covered for Allah

Asteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,356 posts
  • Interests:The State of The Ummah!

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:18 AM

View PostSahar, on Sep 22 2007, 02:17 AM, said:

What a silly thread this has becaome .

Really do you all enjoy bashing shias and making 4 word posts that much?

what the........... sahar crawl back into the current issues dont cramp my style!

#153 Twinkle

Stone

• Sisters
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:20 AM

Narrated from Anas by al-Bukhari in his Sahih.

"O Allah! We would use our Prophet as a means to You and You then sent us rain; now we use our Prophet's uncle as a means to You, therefore send us rain!"

Al-Suyuti mentions the context of this event in his Tarikh al-Khulafa' (Beirut, 1992 Ahmad Fares ed. p. 140):

"In the year 17 `Umar enlarged the Prophetic mosque. That year there was a drought in the Hijaz. It was named the Year of Cinders (`am al-ramada). `Umar prayed for rain for the people by means of al-`Abbas. Ibn Sa`d narrated from [the Sahabi] Niyar al-Aslami that when `Umar came came out to pray for rain, he came out wearing the cloaks (burd) of the Messenger of Allah, upon him blessings and peace. Ibn `Awn narrated that `Umar took al-`Abbas's hand and raised it up, saying, 'O Allah, we seek a means to You with the uncle of Your Prophet to ask that You drive away from us the drought and water us with rain'...."

The Prophet said on the authority of `Umar:

"When Adam committed his mistake he said: O my Lord, I am asking you to forgive me for the
sake of Muhammad.
Allah said: O Adam, and how do you know about Muhammad whom I have not yet created? Adam replied, O my Lord, after You created me with your hand and breathed into me of Your Spirit, I raised my head and saw written on the heights of the Throne:

LA ILAHA ILLALLAH MUHAMMADUN RASULULLAH

I understood that You would not place next to Your Name but the Most Beloved One of Your creation. Allah said: O Adam, I have forgiven you, and were it not for Muhammad I would not have created you."

Sahih Hadeeth, Bayhaqi

Salat ud-Durri wal-Haaja

Hadith number 253:

Yutawad-daa wa yusalli rakatayn thumma yad'oo/Make wudu, and pray two rakah (cycles) of prayer and then make the following supplication: Allahumma inni as'aluka, wa atawajjahu ilyaka bi-Nabiyyika Muhammad (saw) Nabiyyi-Rahma, Yaa Muhammad innee atawajjahu bika ilaa rabbiy fee haaajatee hathihi lituqdaa lee, Allahummah fashaf-fi-hu fee/O Allah! Verily I ask you, and turn to you through your Prophet Muhammad (saw) the Prophet of Mercy, O Muhammad verily
I turn towards my Lord through you
to my Lord in this need of mine, to fulfill it, O Allah intercede/cure this!

This hadith has been extracted by Tirmidhi, al-Hakim in his Mustadrak and Nisa'I, and it is from the hadith of Uthman bin Hanif may Allah be pleased with him. He said a blind man came to the Messenger of Allah (saw) and said: O Messenger of Allah Pray for me! He (saw) said: If you wish I will pray for you, but if you wish, you have been patient and this is better for you. He preferred to be supplicated for. The Messenger (saw) instructed him to make Wudu, and to make a perfect Wudu Nisai's narration adds in some of the reports (turuq) to make Wudu and pray two Rakah and then the supplication (as above). It was also extracted by Ibn Majah , and al-Hakim in his mustadrak who stated that it is sahih (authentic) according to the criterion of the two shaykhs (Imam Muslim and Imam Bukhari) and his narration had the addition: so he supplicated with this Dua and he arose and was able to see. Tirmidhi said the Hadith is Hasan Sahih (good and authentic) gharib (singular in chain) and we know this narration through this channel only from the Hadith of Abu Jafar and that is not al-Khatmi, these and other Imams have authenticated this narration, Nisa'I is alone in mentioneing the prayer, but Tabarani agreed with him and in mentions the same in some of his reports (turuq) it reports.

So what do you say now?

Edited by Twinkle, 22 September 2007 - 02:21 AM.

#154 Sahar

Formerly "summaya"

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:21 AM

Why don't you do something productive....like read a book, or read and participate in a thread that actually benefits people...farah :)

I just think everyone posting in this thread will not achieve anything before they go to sleep.

#155 covered for Allah

Asteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,356 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:23 AM

sorry but taht is a daif/weak hadith 'were it not for muhamad i would not have created you'
will find you daleel have a book on weak hadiths and this hadith is no 1 in there!

why do we need weak and fabricated hadths to raise the status of the Prophet s.a.w or sayidina Ali r.a.? why hasn't Allah swt raised theri status enough? or do we feel we can do more justice to them by exajjeration?

#156 Twinkle

Stone

• Sisters
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:24 AM

View Postmahbuba, on Sep 22 2007, 03:10 AM, said:

salam

'O Ali Help'>> I dont see Allah's name in it.

Help is the same as Forgiveness, both are qualities of Allah and both are of equal level, why would it make a difference if u say 'O Ali Forgive'?

You need to understand the concept of tawussul first and it's signifcant. Then only will you know.

Edited by Twinkle, 22 September 2007 - 02:24 AM.

#157 covered for Allah

Asteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,356 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:26 AM

khayr im definatly going now!
i wish i could steer away from such threads/divisions/problems but the fact is these issues exist so we have to deal with them cant bury our heads in the sand.

wise words of the day
:)
fi aman Allah

ya Allah madad

#158 Twinkle

Stone

• Sisters
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:27 AM

View Postcovered for Allah, on Sep 22 2007, 03:23 AM, said:

sorry but taht is a daif/weak hadith 'were it not for muhamad i would not have created you'
will find you daleel have a book on weak hadiths and this hadith is no 1 in there!

why do we need weak and fabricated hadths to raise the status of the Prophet s.a.w or sayidina Ali r.a.? why hasn't Allah swt raised theri status enough? or do we feel we can do more justice to them by exajjeration?

What ever floats your boat inshaa'Allah. May Allah guide us all. Forgive me if i've wronged any of you. Keep me in you du'as inshaa'Allah.

Ma'asalama

#159 Guest_DieseL_*

• Guests

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:30 AM

no1 has me in their siggys :( lol

Ya Diesel Madad!.....with computer technical problems I can help? :rolleyes:

#160 covered for Allah

Asteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,356 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:31 AM

View PostDieseL, on Sep 22 2007, 02:30 AM, said:

no1 has me in their siggys :( lol

Ya Diesel Madad!.....with computer technical problems I can help? :rolleyes:

funniest words of the day
hehehehe
thats very cleverly said i was about to of on one had to read it twice :rolleyes:

#161 Guest_DieseL_*

• Guests

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:31 AM

View PostTwinkle, on Sep 22 2007, 03:12 AM, said:

Do you no whats in my heart? Do you no my intentions? I think not.

Yes intentions are VERY important, but only when effort is made afterwards to achieve what we made intentions for in the beginning :)

PS: Werether's originals any1? :lol:

#162 Guest_DieseL_*

• Guests

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:32 AM

View PostSahar, on Sep 22 2007, 03:21 AM, said:

Why don't you do something productive....like read a book, or read and participate in a thread that actually benefits people...farah :)

I just think everyone posting in this thread will not achieve anything before they go to sleep.

Trust me, its killing my boredem :lol:

#163 *Prisoner650*

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,053 posts
  • Interests:Thinking of new and innovative ways to make my darling ROOHIYA happy :melt:

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:33 AM

maybe ur not as special as u think u are :rolleyes:

View PostTwinkle, on Sep 22 2007, 03:24 AM, said:

You need to understand the concept of tawussul first and it's signifcant. Then only will you know.

hhmmm might need to look into that, but even then i still hold strongly to the facts which i have presented here earlier :)

Take care all and forgive me if i upset anyone, didnt mean to :)

ma3salam

Edited by mahbuba, 22 September 2007 - 02:33 AM.

#164 Guest_DieseL_*

• Guests

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:35 AM

View Postcovered for Allah, on Sep 22 2007, 03:31 AM, said:

funniest words of the day
hehehehe
thats very cleverly said i was about to of on one had to read it twice :rolleyes:

im glad at least ONE person found me funni :D

#165 covered for Allah

Asteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,356 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:35 AM

yes forgive me ANYONE if i have offended you; who know's whether i'll wake up tomorow plz forgive me for my harsh tone inshaAllah and my comments if they offended you

may Allah swt unite us all on one aqeeeda inshaAllah, the aqeeeda that rasoolAllah s.a.w bought may Allah swt guide us all and give us the ability to attain a good akhira inshaAllah

ameeeeeen ya rabbi!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.