Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
Ya Allah! You are most forgiving and you love to forgive... - 7th Century Generation

Ya Allah! You are most forgiving and you love to forgive...

17 replies to this topic

#1 Saif-ur-Rahman

Formerly "al-jabr"

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:55 PM

Lailat-ul-Qadr - A night that is better than a thousand months...
(Sorry, nothing new here, just a repeat of what has previoulsy been said on the forum, but all colated and posted in one topic to remind everyone)

It has been reported by the wife of the Prophet Muhammed (SAW), Aisha (RA):
"I asked the Messenger of Allah if I knew which night was the Lailatul-Qadr and what should I say during that night? He, The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: Say: Allahumma innaka 'afu'wwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annee"
[Tirmidhi]

The translation of the above saying is "O Allah! You are most forgiving and you love to forgive, so forgive me". So we should try to engage ourselves in the repetition of this Du'a when seeking Lailat-ul-Qadr on the odd nights in the last ten days of Ramadhan.

The other things we should be doing on this night:
1).
We should stand in Qiyam, offering
Nafl Prayers (optional prayer, all multiples of 2 rakat), Ta Hajjud is the one most people are familair with, others include:
TAHIAT-UL-MASJID - Nafl prayer consisting of 2 rakats, offered upon entering a Masjid
TAHIAT-UL-WUDU - 2 rakats offerred immediately after performing Wudu whilst the limbs are still wet
HAJJUD -
The early part of the night, after Isha before midnight (up to 2 rakats)
TA HAJJUD - The later part of the night, after Midnight but before Fajr (up to 12 rakats)
SALAT-UT-TAWBAH - Prayer seeking forgiveness, can be offered at any time of the day except at those time when it is forbidden to pray (As many rakats as you like, in multiples of 2)
ISHRAAQ -
After sunsrise but before noon (up to 4 rakats)

Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said about Lailat-ul-Qadr:
"Anyone who stays awake during the Night of Power with belief (IMAAN) and for the pleasure of Allah, all his previous sins will be forgiven."
[Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim]
"Whoever stands (in prayer) on the night of power with Iman and with hope of reward all his previous sins are forgiven."

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said, "If any of you enters the Mosque, let him not sit until he prays two rakats."

Abu Hurayra (RA) related that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said to Bilal, "Oh Bilal, tell me about a work that you are most hopeful about (being rewarded for) from the works you have done in Islam, for I heard the thumping of your sandals in front of me in Jannah."
He said, "I did not do a work more hopeful to me, except that I never performed ablution in an hour of night or day without praying with that ablution what was written for me to pray."

The Prophet, Muhummed (SAW) is reported to have said, "He who performs Fajr Salaat with Jamaat and remains seated in the same place while engaging in Dhikr until after sunrise and thereafter performs 2 Rakaats of Ishraaq, he will obtain the Thawaab of one Hajj and one Umrah."
[Tirmidhi]

The Prophet, Muhummed (SAW) is reported to have said, "He who says Ishraq prayers without fail shall have his lesser sins forgiven even though they may be as numerous as foam specks on the surface of the sea."
[Tirmidhi]

2). We should be pre-occupied in Dhikr of Allah (Remembrance of Allah) at every opportunity and recite the Du'a:
Allahumma innaka 'afu'wwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annee
Or the variation:
Allahumma innaka 'afu'wwun kareemun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annee ya kareem

3). We should also refer to read the holy book, Al-Qur'an.

4). We should make Du'a, seeking refuge in Allah from the torment of the Hell fire, seeking his mercy, asking for his forgiveness, seeking his guidance.

Those doing All-Nighter's, do not forget to pray Ishraaq to benefit from the reward of one Hajj and one Umrah.

Edited by Saif-ur-Rahman, 08 October 2007 - 07:58 PM.

#2 Ibn As-Sabil

Traveller Of This World

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,094 posts
  • Interests:watching paint dry

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:06 PM

Jazakallah khair, will save this, nicely summarised in one post.

#3 daus_san

Rock

• Brothers
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:07 AM

jazakallah khair akhi

thats a great post, always wanted to know the names for a few of the nafl prayers

theres another set of nafl prayers that you didnt mention and thats the tasbeeh prayers. which are also good and recommended. ...or does that fall under the category of Tahajjud?

Edited by daus_san, 09 October 2007 - 02:11 AM.

#4 Lost sista

Asteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:16 PM

mashallah :) jzk and i might just pass think link to a few! :P

#5 Saif-ur-Rahman

Formerly "al-jabr"

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:34 PM

View Postdaus_san, on Oct 9 2007, 02:07 AM, said:

jazakallah khair akhi

thats a great post, always wanted to know the names for a few of the nafl prayers

theres another set of nafl prayers that you didnt mention and thats the tasbeeh prayers. which are also good and recommended. ...or does that fall under the category of Tahajjud?

As-Salamu Alaikum,

Salat-ut-Tasbeeh is another Nafil prayer which I forgot to list. I've never prayed this one myself, I've heard of it but I never had the chance to look into it. If I had seen the thread posted by brother 'Kat' earlier, I would have been sure to include it.

Jazak-Allah Kahir for the reminder.

#6 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:20 PM

Salam ALaikum bro

Ive said it in some other thread but i say it again - JZK Khair so much for this :) So concise but such a wealth of knowledge and important information in that one post! May Allah reward you immensely; you will insha Allah be rewarded for the good deeds done by each person as a result of reading this thread and your efforts; subhan Allah, no wonder why spreading the ilm of Islam is considered among the noblest of deeds!

Walaikum Assalam

#7 Ibn As-Sabil

Traveller Of This World

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,094 posts
  • Interests:watching paint dry

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:42 PM

Subhanallah its been raining all day :D

#8 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:52 PM

Not here :P

BTW the sign of Lailatul Qadr (one of them) is LIGHT rain is it not??

Walaikum Assalam

#9 rambant

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,311 posts
  • Interests:Ants.
    The life of an ant starts with an egg.
    If the egg is fertilized, the ant will be female (diploid).
    If the egg is not fertilized, it will be male (haploid).
    [If the egg is black, it will be Indian (indoid) ROFL!]

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:54 PM

The rain has been on and off. Not particularly heavy... I wonder about it.

#10 Rehana

Pebble

• Sisters
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:31 PM

SubhanAllah. It rained last night here in USA too. :D But now its sunny.

#11 Muharrir

Liberator

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:28 AM

The sign is light rain across the globe?

#12 Saif-ur-Rahman

Formerly "al-jabr"

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:21 AM

As-Salamu Alaikum,

It was raining yesterday, it was kind of unexpected because it hasn't rained for a while. and strangely enough, I didn't mind it. Anyway, tonight will be our last opportunity to seek Lailat-ul-Qadr this Ramadhan, this year, so let’s make the most of it.

#13 Saif-ur-Rahman

Formerly "al-jabr"

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:07 PM

Bumping this old thread as a reminder of Lailat-ul-Qadr to my brothers and sisters on the forum.

#14 Golf_GTI

Boulder

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:46 PM

I've got this printed out somewhere I will find it and share with family..

#15 Saif-ur-Rahman

Formerly "al-jabr"

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:16 AM

The Sahaba's would spend the six months following Ramadhan praying and hoping that Allah would accept the Ibadah offered in Ramadhan...

Perhaps this is something we should take lesson from and pray that Allah accepts all the Ibadah we have offered during Ramadhan, our Salah (Qiyam, Ruku, Sajdah), our recitation, our Sadaqah, our Dhikr - I hope that Allah accepts all our effort to seek Lailat-ul-Qadr and has forgiven us of our sins this Ramadhan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.