Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
Suspension clarification + Apologies - 7th Century Generation

Suspension clarification + Apologies

61 replies to this topic

#1 7Cgen

Admin Annoucements

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:18 AM

Assalamu Alaikum everyone,

insha Allah the Admin team would like to issue a notice regarding suspensions and would like to issue an apology to some members also.

1. Clarifying the issue of suspensions

Recently at the forum there was a heated discussion/argument/debate between people which, due to the actions of either one or two or more members, turned in a direction that was unpleasant. We thus decided to temporarily suspend some people for the sake of allowing things to cool down, regardless of whose actions were the catalyst and whose were the response (this will inevitably be seen differently by either party).

People have thus asked us to clarify the matter of suspensions and how they can be issued discretionally, if this is possible at all. Our answer to this is that yes, we can issue suspensions at our own discretion after disucssion with other members of the Admin team if circumstances need for us to do so. As a standard practice we will issue warnings first, but in exceptional cases where we believe things to have gone so awry as to require a straight suspension for things to calm back down again, we will issue a direction temporary suspension.

We thank people for their counsel to us on the matter, as we on the admin team are constantly learning and improving things as we go. JZK to brother Kat for his advice on the matter too, who told us of better courses of action to take with Re: suspension notifications.

The suspension is typicaly for 24 hours, as a stop gap measure till the Admin team decides a more appropriate length. This brings us to the second issue....

2. Apologies to certain members

Despite the above action having been undertaken, in the given occasion, the Admin team was at error in not having personally notified the individuals of an increase in the length of their suspensions. INstead the automated notice was left up. For this we owe an apology to two members of the forum, namely brothers born-2-die and Kat. Our apologies go out to these brothers, and we welcome them both back to the forum warmly :)

Please continue advising us on the Admin team as the forum needs members' advice and cannot function without it :)

Walaikum Assalam
ADMIN TEAM

#2 7Cgen

Admin Annoucements

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:33 AM

BTW, if there is any feedback please do put it in here :)

Wassalam

#3 SirZubair

Banned on request

• Brothers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:My wife, My religon, My Car, Pumping Iron. Thats about it.

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:46 AM

Can you guys get rid of jen?

Or get rid of 99.99% of the members of the forum instead?

#4 Shifa

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,166 posts
  • Interests:Ants.<br /><br />The life of an ant starts with an egg. <br /><br />If the egg is fertilized, the ant will be female (diploid).<br /><br />If the egg is not fertilized, it will be male (haploid).<br /><br />If the egg is 1/4 fertilized, it will be a PODe (madloid).<br /><br />If the egg is 1/2 fertilized, it will be a Rambles (twinloid).<br /><br />If the egg is 3/4 fertilized, it will be a Yazzmo (cuteloid).<br /><br />If the egg is 6/3 fertilized, it will be a Losty (Sininiloid).

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:02 AM

:icon_smile_salam:

While I understand that the above post is meant to be a joke, it is hardly conducive to a peaceful atmosphere on this most dramatic of forums.

Please, refrain from further antagonising the antagonised and pm the admins if you are suchious.

Admins:-

I realise a lot of us forget you are all human and not glued to the PC 24/7 (I hope not!) and that you should be treated as individuals who are only human and have the ability to make mistakes and learn from them

:jazakAllah: for all your hard work on and off the forum to maintain the peace as it were. May Allah swt reward you all.

:icon_smile_wsalam:

#5 SirZubair

Banned on request

• Brothers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:35 AM

View PostShifa, on Jan 25 2008, 05:02 PM, said:

While I understand that the above post is meant to be a joke

As much as i love to joke around, the above was not a joke.

#6 Shifa

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,166 posts
  • Interests:Ants.<br /><br />The life of an ant starts with an egg. <br /><br />If the egg is fertilized, the ant will be female (diploid).<br /><br />If the egg is not fertilized, it will be male (haploid).<br /><br />If the egg is 1/4 fertilized, it will be a PODe (madloid).<br /><br />If the egg is 1/2 fertilized, it will be a Rambles (twinloid).<br /><br />If the egg is 3/4 fertilized, it will be a Yazzmo (cuteloid).<br /><br />If the egg is 6/3 fertilized, it will be a Losty (Sininiloid).

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:41 AM

In which case it is even more imperative that you pm the admins of your opinion instead of airing them publicly.

Come on man.. the admins are human after all.. they work so hard to keep the peace.. help them out yeah? and if you can't then don't make things worse!

#7 SirZubair

Banned on request

• Brothers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:48 AM

I don't know how i am making things worse by publicly airing that i am very annoyed with jen, to the point that i now extremly dislike her.

Instead, the way i see it, those who continue to make excuses for 'Sister' jen are the ones making things worse.

As for the admins being human, i know they are. I love the Admin team on 7cgn. :D Even fazza and his gay alien friends..

#8 Adnan Jalaal

7th Century Soldier

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,486 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:49 AM

While I understand that the above post is meant to be a joke, it is hardly conducive to a peaceful atmosphere on this most dramatic of forums.

Please, refrain from further antagonising the antagonised and pm the admins if you are suchious.

While I do understand the reason for this post, it is hardly favorable for anyone to spoil the tears of joy and laughter. Please, put down the thesaurus because it forces me to pay a little visit to Dictionary.com.

Thank you, thank you very much. ;)

Edited by Adnan Jalaal, 25 January 2008 - 06:54 AM.

#9 Adnan Jalaal

7th Century Soldier

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,486 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:51 AM

I don't know how i am making things worse by publicly airing that i am very annoyed with jen, to the point that i now extremly dislike her.

Don't worry, bubba. You'll get over her like you got over my Wahabiness. Word of caution though. DON'T READ ANY SHIA LITERATURE!

#10 Shifa

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,166 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:59 AM

Excuse me, just because you have to use a Dictionary to understand me, does not mean I should not employ the english language to the best of my ability and make use of all the expensive schooling my parents put me through.

As for Jen, I do not make excuses for anyone. I am not here to make excuses for jen. I am saying do not deviate from purpose of thread.

#11 Adnan Jalaal

7th Century Soldier

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,486 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:03 AM

Excuse me, just because you have to use a Dictionary to understand me, does not mean I should not employ the english language to the best of my ability and make use of all the expensive schooling my parents put me through.

Excuse me, Ms. I am so cool because I attend an expensive private school while I could be at a free public school, I have surpassed anyone in articulating 'big words' that it causes people to think, "what just hit me"? BOOO YAAAA!

FREE PUBLIC SCHOOL, HOMIE. FREE PUBLIC SCHOOL!

#12 Adnan Jalaal

7th Century Soldier

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,486 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:04 AM

I think you caught Tahririoritis.

#13 Shifa

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,166 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:13 AM

Adnan, While I had the good fortune to attend a Private Selective Islamic School, I also attended public school. Do not patronise the Granny.

And I graduated long before your time. Am no longer at school. Stick to the topic please.

#14 Shifa

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,166 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:14 AM

In addition, I was unaware that my style of writing was unintelligable and confusing, I shall attempt to refrain from 'using big words' as you so nicely put it.

#15 Adnan Jalaal

7th Century Soldier

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,486 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:15 AM

So, A^2 + B^2 = C^2???!!! What a coincedence!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.