Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
Make a difference this Ramadhan - 7th Century Generation

Make a difference this Ramadhan

36 replies to this topic

#1 Saif-ur-Rahman

Formerly "al-jabr"

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:33 AM

As-Salamu Alaikum and Ramadhan Mubarak to everyone on 7CGen,

During this blessed month, most of us wake up for Sehri and observe fast during the day, knowing that we will eat after sunset, in fact, many of us may even know what we will be eating, many of us may not even know what we will do with the left-overs, but how many of us remember to show some gratitude to Allah before we break our fast by invoking the name of Allah? How many of us ever consider those in this world who go without food all year around?
- What about those who fast without even a morsel of food for Sehri and those who barely have the provision to even have Iftar?
- Many people in such situation die of starvation, and from the lack of clean water - things we take for granted.

Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said:
"The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Charity."
[At-Tirmidhi]

Ramadhan is a month of charity – Of all the money we save in this month from abstaining from our regular breakfast, lunch and snacks, perhaps we can contribute a portion of this towards those who can really do with it. The feeding of the fasting person is a form of charity and certainly it is a righteous act which carries with it immense rewards.

"Whoever gives someone something to break the fast with, they would accumulate the same blessings as the fasting person and this would not reduce the blessings of the fasting person in any way."
[At-Tirmidhi]

Who better to feed than those who are poor and in need?

We would never let our own brothers and sisters go without Iftar whilst we eat from a table full of food – so why should we deprived our brothers and sisters of this Ummah, especially when they are suffering from hunger in a way we’ve never suffered before?

The amount of money some of us spend on one meal is sometimes enough to feed a whole family for a whole month in certain parts of the world – Would it be too much to spare some money to provide Iftar for a few Muslims other than our own family, friends and relatives?

Please go to the link below and provide Iftar for those who are more in need of it than the likes of you and me:

http://www.uwt.org/Projects/Ramadhan_Iftar.asp

As you will see, even a one-off payment of as little as £10, will make a world of a difference to these people even though it may not buy us much in this country. Please encourage others to participate in this too.

"Whoever guides (a person) to something good, will receive a reward equal to that is received by the person who does it."
[Sahih Muslim]

NOT
E: This link was listed by brother 'Abu Haneefah' in the brothers section, I thought it was an initiative which everyone in the forum (both the members and the guests) can participate in and so I decided to devote a whole thread to it. Would it be possible to have this thread pinned for the duration of Ramadhan so that the opportunity will always remain at the forefront of the Ramadhan section?

Your Brother in Islam,
Saif-ur-Rahman

Edited by Saif-ur-Rahman, 11 September 2008 - 12:43 PM.

#2 Abu Haneefah

Formerly "Son of Adam"

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
  • Interests:Islamic History, Football (Soccer), Technology (Computers).

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:46 AM

Salaam Bro.

Great thread.

Please put in a sub heading - something like - 'Give Iftaar to those who can't afford to break their fast'

Its quite easy to miss this thread - the subject is a little broad.

Ma'salaam

#3 rambant

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,311 posts
  • Interests:Ants.
    The life of an ant starts with an egg.
    If the egg is fertilized, the ant will be female (diploid).
    If the egg is not fertilized, it will be male (haploid).
    [If the egg is black, it will be Indian (indoid) ROFL!]

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:54 AM

I missed this thread till it was brought to my attention. It's a great initiative, I think loads and loads of us should support it inshaAllah.

Feed a whole family for a month :D We benefit from that more than them! It's a win win situation.

Bless, look:

Posted Image

#4 Abu Haneefah

Formerly "Son of Adam"

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:07 PM

Posted Image

Here are the goodies inside.

Imagine a family that has nothing get this for the month of Ramadhan - how much would they pray for you?

You get to feed the Fasting AND the poor in one go.

I chose Bangladesh - please let people know that you have donated to encourage others to give.

Ma'salaam

Edited by Abu Haneefah, 11 September 2008 - 12:13 PM.

#5 Saif-ur-Rahman

Formerly "al-jabr"

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:44 PM

View PostAbu Haneefah, on Sep 11 2008, 10:46 AM, said:

Salaam Bro.

Great thread.

Please put in a sub heading - something like - 'Give Iftaar to those who can't afford to break their fast'

Its quite easy to miss this thread - the subject is a little broad.

Ma'salaam

Sub heading added - hope it's okay.

#6 Guest_♥•∙ Ûмм _*

• Guests

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:17 PM

Wa 'alaykumu salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

MashaaAllaah a really good initiative and it really doesn't cost that much, jazakAllaahu khairan for posting it up.

Fi Amanillah

#7 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:19 PM

Bro where does one pay for this?

wassalam

#8 Guest_♥•∙ Ûмм _*

• Guests

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:22 PM

If you go to the far right hand side where it says: Donate

#9 Saif-ur-Rahman

Formerly "al-jabr"

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:44 PM

View PostAbu Haneefah, on Sep 11 2008, 11:07 AM, said:

Imagine a family that has nothing get this for the month of Ramadhan - how much would they pray for you?

I chose Bangladesh - please let people know that you have donated to encourage others to give.

Ma'salaam

To be honest, I felt rather guilty after seeing the link yesterday when you put it up bro, especially after the amount our bill came to on Saturday and so I have chose to donate to the following countries just before I put this thread up:

- Afghanistan
- Bangladesh
- Iraq
- Kashmir
- Palestine

Even then, Saturday feels like a great injustice - I wish we had gone somewhere cheaper for our Iftari. The cost for just one of our meals would have sufficed for several meals for those who are fasting in hotter climates with access to very little food for Sehri and Iftar.

#10 Abu Haneefah

Formerly "Son of Adam"

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:03 PM

View PostSaif-ur-Rahman, on Sep 11 2008, 01:44 PM, said:

View PostAbu Haneefah, on Sep 11 2008, 11:07 AM, said:

Ma'salaam

To be honest, I felt rather guilty after seeing the link yesterday when you put it up bro, especially after the amount our bill came to on Saturday and so I have chose to donate to the following countries just before I put this thread up:

- Afghanistan
- Bangladesh
- Iraq
- Kashmir
- Palestine

Even then, Saturday feels like a great injustice - I wish we had gone somewhere cheaper for our Iftari. The cost for just one of our meals would have sufficed for several meals for those who are fasting in hotter climates with access to very little food for Sehri and Iftar.

Allahu Akbar!

That's why I suggested the Kisoori and Chaana option.

TBH - that day is the most extravagant Iftar I've had so far this year.

Let see how many more people than the Aussies we can feed.

Ma'salaam

Edited by Abu Haneefah, 11 September 2008 - 03:20 PM.

#11 Saif-ur-Rahman

Formerly "al-jabr"

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:53 PM

By the way, those of you who will be contributing to this initiative, or making any kind of donation to UWT - Please remember to provide your name and address on the donations page to confirm the Gift Aid option, as the charity can then claim a further 25% from the government to top-up your contribution.

So...
If you pay £10 with Gift Aid, a total of £12.50 will be donated,
If you pay £100 with Gift Aid, a total of £125.00 will be donated,
If you pay £1000 with Gift Aid, a total of £1250.00 will be donated,
...and so on.

So you see that extra 25% goes a long way.

#12 Abu Haneefah

Formerly "Son of Adam"

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

View PostSaif-ur-Rahman, on Sep 11 2008, 02:53 PM, said:

By the way, those of you who will be contributing to this initiative, or making any kind of donation to UWT - Please remember to provide your name and address on the donations page to confirm the Gift Aid option, as the charity can then claim a further 25% from the government to top-up your contribution.

So...
If you pay £10 with Gift Aid, a total of £12.50 will be donated,
If you pay £100 with Gift Aid, a total of £125.00 will be donated,
If you pay £1000 with Gift Aid, a total of £1250.00 will be donated,
...and so on.

So you see that extra 25% goes a long way.

If anyone donates £1000, I'll send them Iftar myself :)

(As long as they live in the UK!)

#13 rambant

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,311 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:44 PM

How are you meant to decide which country/ies to donate to?!

Afghanistan £20
Albania £10
Bangladesh £10
Burma £25
Chechnya £20
India £13
Iraq £30
Kashmir £20
Lebanon £30
Niger £20
Pakistan £20
Palestine £30
Senegal £34
Somalia £16

Its hard :blink:

People on the forum have so far donated to:
- Afghanistan
- Bangladesh
- Iraq
- Kashmir
- Palestine

So I'll chose one of the others.

EDIT:
There are so many options, which country, which project, Z//L/S- on one hand I appreciate the choice but on the other...

Edited by rambant, 11 September 2008 - 03:46 PM.

#14 Saif-ur-Rahman

Formerly "al-jabr"

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:54 PM

View Postrambant, on Sep 11 2008, 02:44 PM, said:

EDIT:
There are so many options, which country, which project, Z//L/S- on one hand I appreciate the choice but on the other...

If you are donating towards one country but not know which to go for - select the option 'Mostly Needed'
If you want to pay the Amount for Ifar, select 'Iftar' from the Project and enter the stated amount or select 'Mostly_Needed' and enter any amount you wish.
I've donated as Sadaqah as I'm not sure what Lillah is, Zakat is an option if you're paying you're Zakat now.

#15 rambant

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,311 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:57 PM

For donating Iftar, you select the country, then the Iftar project, do I then need to input the amount it would cost in the final box or will it work it out itself?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.