Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
Does Any1 Know How To Cite The Holy Quran In MLA Format? - 7th Century Generation

Does Any1 Know How To Cite The Holy Quran In MLA Format?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Mu'mina

la ilaha illa Allah <3

• Sister Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:42 AM

Al Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmat Allah Wa Barakatu,

Well Im currently working on a research paper on Islam and I quoted some ayas from the Holy Quran. I was wondering if anyone knew how to cite the Holy Quran in MLA format for works cited..not in-text citation. I emailed my teacher and she said it would be cited the same way as the bible but it wouldn't because the bible has different versions and publication information. Here is how the bible is supposed to be cited...

In your Works Cited, include the title of the Bible, the version, and the publication information.

Example: The Holy Bible, Revised Standard Version.
Philadelphia: Westminster, 1952.

Example: The Modern Reader's Bible. Richard G. Moulton,
editor. New York: Macmillan, 1918.

if anyone knows..please let me know. Jazakum Allah khayr in advance. al salamu Alaykum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatu

#2 Guest_palopearl_*

• Guests

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:28 AM

I googled and this is what i got

How to cite a sacred text, from the Diana Hacker Manual of Style (online)

"SACRED TEXTGive the title of the edition of the sacred text (taken from the title page), underlined; the editor's or translator's name (if any); and publication information.

Example:

Holy Bible. Wheaton: Tyndale, 2005.

The Qur'an: Translation. Trans. Abdullah Yusuf Ali. Elmhurst: Tahrike,

InshAllah it help

Link

P.S. Students Room

You might want to start posting your school inquiries there :)

Edited by palopearl, 17 November 2008 - 02:01 AM.

#3 Mu'mina

la ilaha illa Allah <3

• Sister Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:26 AM

View Postpalopearl, on Nov 16 2008, 04:28 PM, said:

I googled and this is what i got

How to cite a sacred text, from the Diana Hacker Manual of Style (online)

"SACRED TEXTGive the title of the edition of the sacred text (taken from the title page), underlined; the editor's or translator's name (if any); and publication information.

Example:

Holy Bible. Wheaton: Tyndale, 2005.

The Qur'an: Translation. Trans. Abdullah Yusuf Ali. Elmhurst: Tahrike,

InshAllah it help

Link

P.S. Students Room

You might want to start posting your school inquiries there :)

THANK U SO MUCH...JAZACH ALLAH CHIL KHAYR!!!! ohh and i didnt know that there was a section for students..inshallah next time i will post it there...JAK AGAIN

#4 Guest_palopearl_*

• Guests

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:52 AM

THANK U SO MUCH...JAZACH ALLAH CHIL KHAYR!!!! ohh and i didnt know that there was a section for students..inshallah next time i will post it there...JAK AGA
IN

wa iyaki

#5 Soldier Of Allah

Boulder

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:57 PM

Chil khayr? a NEW arabic? :P

#6 Guest_palopearl_*

• Guests

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:18 PM

View PostSoldier Of Allah, on Nov 17 2008, 12:57 PM, said:

Chil khayr? a NEW arabic? :P

dialect

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.