The rewards of Jannah- Must read

9 replies to this topic

#1 zaynab

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:41 PM

First of all we need to understand the reality of this world. We need to understand why this dunya exists and how our actions in this world are linked to the hereafter. We need to be careful not get attached to this world, when you do you tend to forget about the next life ahead of us. Everytime we undertake an action we forget that this one action could decide our future- whether we end up in jannah or jahanum.

Everyone needs to be aware that time is passing and this world is leaving them and the next world is approaching.

Al Ghazali, may Allah have mercy on him says:

‘ O you who are negligent towards yourself, distracted by what you have of the life of this world which is destined not to last- stop being preoccupied with the life of this world and consider you final destination for you have warned that the fire of hell will be experienced by everyone.

The life of this world is bound to end and no matter how long it lasts; we shouldn’t be distracted of what we have in this world.

It has been related by Abdullah ibn Umar (ra)

The messenger of Allah(saaw) slept on a reed mat and sat up with the marks on this body, so Ibn Masud (ra) said, “O messenger of Allah, I wish you would tell us to spread something our for you to make is more comfortable for you.” He (saaw) replied “What have I to do with world? As far as this world is concerned I am like a rider who shades himself under a tree for a while and goes off and leaves it2.

Jesus (as) used to warn his followers saying “Treat this world like a bridge and do not settle in it.”

To motivate ourselves. Heres good reminder on what Jannah’s going to be like First of all there are eight gates through which we can enter. There are so opportunities for us out there, we just need to get out there and grab them.

It has been related that Ibn Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him, said:
“The gardens have eight gates of gold inlaid with jewels :
“Written on the first gate is La ilaha il’ Alla, Muhammad ar- Rasulu’llah. It is the gate of the prophets, Messengers, Martyrs and the generous.
“The second gate is the gate of those who prayed, who were excellent in wudu and the basic elements of the prayer.
“The third gate is that of those who gave zakat cheerfully.
“The fourth gate is that of those who commanded good and forbade the reprehensible.
“The fifth gate is the gate of those who rooted out their appetites and prevented passions.
“The sixth gate is the gate of those who did hajj and umra”
“The seventh gate is the gate of those who fought jihad.
“The eighth gate is the gate of those who turned their eyes from haram things and did good actions of respect to parents, relatives and others.

Seeing as it is the summer hols for most people there are so many actions that we can undertake to enter one of the gates. For example apart from praying our five daily prayers, we can read nafil prayers or even do dhikr on a tasbeeh, reciting the qur’an reading the translation.
When we talk about charity, we just assume that charity is about giving money away, but its only about giving money, it can be giving away food or giving water to a thirsty being, or even forgiving a person whose in debt to you

Abu Mas’ud (ra) said I heard messenger of Allah(saaw) say

“From among the people preceding your generation, there was a man whom the anger of death visited to capture his soul. ( So his soul as captured) and he was asked if he had done any good’. He replied, I don’t remember and good deed.’ He was asked to think it over. He said, ‘I do not remember, except that I used to trade with the people in the world and I used to give a respite to the rich and forgive the poor( among my debtors). So Allah made him enter Paradise.”

Giving water to every thirsty being: Due to the hadith of Abu Hurayrah (ra) who said that the messenger of Allah (swt) said

“While a man was walking along a road, he became very thirsty and found a well. He lowered himself into the well, drank, and came out. Then, suddenly there was a dog protruding its tongue out and eating the soil out of thirst. The man said:” This dog has become exhausted from thirst in the same was as I.’ He lowered himself into the well again and filled his shoe with water. He gave the dog some water to drink. He thanked God, and (His sins were) forgiven.’ The Prophet was then asked:’ Is there any reward for us in our animals?’ He said: ‘There is a reward in every living thing.”

Performing Umrah: Due to the hadith of Abu Hurayrah (ra) that the Messenger of Allah(saaw) said:

“(The performance of) ‘Umrah is an expiation for the sins committed (between is and the previous one). And the reward of Hajj Mabrur( The one accepted by Allah) is nothing accept Paradise.”

Jannah and its Rewards

Abu Hurairah(ra) related that the Prophet (saaw) said, “There will be a calle( in Paradise) who will announce: ‘ Truly! You will always have good health and never fall ill; you will live for ever and never die; you will always be young and never grow old; and you will always be rich and never grow poor; fot the words of Allah, the exalted and Glorious, are:

“It will be proclaimed to them:
‘This is your Garden
Which you have inherited for what you did.’

There are many rewards of Jannah but here are some of them which I thought were just amazing
Servants-

He( swt) said

“They will be served by immortal boys”

“And around them will (serve) boys of everlasting youth. If you see them, you would think them scattered pearls”

Clothing

Allah(swt) says:

‘ They will enter Gardens of Eden where they will be adourned with gold braclets and pearls, and where their clothing will be of silk’

It has been related by Abu Hurairah(ra) that the Prophet (saaw) said

“Whoever enters the bliss of the Gardens will never be destitute, and their garments will never wear out, and they will never lose their youth”.

Fear and grief

Living in this world us muslims live in fear most of the time. When we go out we worry about our safety- whether we’re going to be attacked or not. And always we suffer from grief – when our loved ones pass away, or when our brothers and sisters are killed in a brutal way. But in jannah we wouldn’t feel any of this.

Allah(sat) says

“No worshippers! No fear shall be on you this Day, nor shall you grieve.”

One of the delights of Jannah is that it will never end, it will be there for eternity. The evidences for this are

He (swt) said

“Nor shall they( ever) be asked to leave it.

He (swt) said

“And you will abide therein forever.”

He (swt) said

“They will never taste death therein except the first death (of this world), and He will save them from the torment of the blazing Fire.”

The highest reward of all- all the other reards are nothing compared to the moment when the people of the Garden enjoy the vision of their Lord.

Allah(swt) says

“Faces that day will be radiant, its gazing at their Lord”.

It has been reported by Abu Hurairah(ra) that some of the companions of the Prophet(saaw) asked, “O messenger of Allah! Will we see our Lord on the Day of Judgmetn?” He replied, “ Do you have any difficulty in seeing the sun at noon when it is not clouded over?” They said, “No.” Then he (saaw) said,” Do you have any difficulty in seeing the full moon on the fourteenth night when it is not clouded over?” They said “No.” The he (saaw) said, “By Allah Who is the One in Whose Hand my life is, you will have no more difficulty in seeing your Lord than you have seeing either of them.

In conclusion the enjoyment of this world compared to that of the next world, is short- and life is passing

“The enjoyment of the dunya is very brief. The akhirah is better for those who have taqwa.”

We should strive hard to be one of the people of the beautiful Gardens . We should yearn to return to our Homeland- which is jannah

Imam Ali (ra) said:

“Do not lean towards the dunya and what is in- because this world will definitely come to an end. Aim for the akhirah, whose guardian is Ridwan, and where Ahmad will be your neighbour- and which Allah has created to last forever.

#2 zaynab

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:44 PM

Salaams,

i do apologise if im not clear on some of the points, its the heat its getting to me. Hope its a good read.

waslaam

#3 Yasmin

Asteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,868 posts
  • Interests:www.kitaabun.com

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:17 PM

jazakallah - it really was a good read. definately we all need reminders, it certainly reminded me..jazakallah - im sure its well appreciated, it is by me anyway, ws, yasmin.

#4 zaynab

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:27 PM

Jzk sis

#5 Jabeen

7th Century Jangrez

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:31 PM

mashallah]sister thas amazin article!
ws

#6 zaynab

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:40 PM

Jzk sis, i wrote it myself.my first article

#7 -tawakkul-

old skool

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts
  • Interests:family and friends!

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:38 PM

[(--)] mashallah! thats amazing! really interesting and motivating to! and as sis yasmin said, we all need reminders. thanks for that sis, JZK! [(;sis)]

#8 Mujahadah an Nafs

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,232 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:10 AM

[(s)]

mashallah sis this is a very good article, indeed its a good reminder for us all, coz as musims we need thse reminders to stay intact.
alhadulillah very good. inshallah will keep this in mind.

wasalam

#9 Mukhlisah

Musaafira

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,926 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 11:23 AM

mashallah this is a great article sis, esp as u wrote it urself.

#10 ballin_4_da_deen

Boulder

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:31 AM

mashallah sis..great work....keep it up.....make ur niya for the sake of allah so u receive ur ajir 4 this beautiful writing.....
wasalaam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.