Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
DETAILS: HOW IT WORKS - 7th Century Generation

DETAILS: HOW IT WORKS

18 replies to this topic

#1 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:54 AM

7th Century Generation

in conjunction with

Sydney Muslim Youth

presents the first of its kind:

COMBINED QURAN HIFDTH COMPETITION

Posted Image

Starting Date = 13/February/2009 ~ 18/Safar/1430

Introduction
At a time of test and tribulation, we work towards achieving the promise of Allah swt

"'Alaa inna Nasra Allahi Qareeb..."
"Verily, the Victory of Allah swt is close..."

Intention
We will memorise together, a most beautiful and powerful surah - Surat Al-Fath (Victory/Conquest) - seeking knowledge from kalaam Allah and seeking his victory and reward.

Incentive
Umar (radiAllahu anhu) narrated that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, 'A Surah of the Qur'an was revealed to me tonight, indeed it is the dearest Surah to my heart, than anything under the sun'. Then the Prophet recited Surah al Fath verses 1-5. [Sahih al-Bukhari 6:61 #532]

From Ibn Umar who said:"I came to the Messenger of Allah and gave him my salam, where upon he said: 'There has been a chapter revealed upon me this night, that is more beloved to me than one upon whom the sun has risen.' Then he recited; `Verily we have given you (Oh Muhammad!) a manifest victory.'" (i.e. Surah no. 48) For what it contains of signs of forgiveness and victory."(Reported by Bukhari)

We invite you to an initiative that has not yet been undertaken by the administration of either of the two Muslim youth forums that are popular amongst our youth 7cgen (www.7cgen.com) and Sydney Muslim Youth (www.sydneymuslimyouth.com/smyforum).

About signing up
- After this announcement, you have about a week to register. Registrations will close on Friday the 13th of February (as soon as the clock ticks over to 12 am in your part of the world)
- We have not set out a pace, however, we ask our participants to set out their own plan/place and confirm it with the moderating team.
- The moderators will monitor the people (at least once throughout the hifdth period), to ensure that they are not falling behind and provide tips if they are.
- Participants can also confirm what they have memorised by the end of that week.
- For those who have already memorised it, we advise that you set out a revision plan.

Procedure

Competition
To see who memorises the surah first, given that they have not memorised the surah previously.

How will they be judged?
The person who finishes the surah informs an admin from either forum. They must then book a time for a paltalk/skype session, whereby their recitation will be listened to [the listener will preferably be a person not from the forums, who holds an ijaza in quran. Though if we dont find a suitable person - our admins can do the job sisters with sisters, brother with brothers.] The measuring criteria, besides the obvious one of having memorised, by heart, all 29 ayat, are:

a) minimal (or no) errors
b) fluency
c) heavy focus has not been placed on tajweed, as we do not wish to dissuade or limit number of participants. Though it is most definitely encouraged, and tajweed feedback will be given along with the overall commentary.

Deadline
Participants have been granted six weeks to complete the surah in its entirety. That means: Saturday 28th March!

The people who finish memorising before that are obviously known by admins - but no one else. People continue memorising until we announce the end date. So someone fininshing before another is not an excuse to stop memorising half way J

Prizes

i) The first to finish from each forum will receive a prize, regardless of where they live. The Admins of that forum will arrange for them to receive it.
ii) the winning forum: will be judged in the following manner: The first forum to have five people finished the surah will be deemed the "winning" forum there will be no prize; as this is only a competition fee sabeelillah.

Suggestions

i) Pace: Since there are 64 lines in Surat Al-Fath; a suggestion is to memorise at least 2 lines per day; to finish in time insha'Allah
ii) Buddy: You can choose a partner from either forum and set a memorisation pace/plan to try keeping up to speed - this is only an idea, something you can try.

So what do you need to do now? Say "I'm in" and let's get this show on the road! May Allah increase your retention and allow you to ponder over His beautiful words. Ameen.

Do you want some hifdth tips before getting started? Click HERE

Wa Assalam alaikum wa rahmat Allahu Barakatuh

SMY & 7CGEN ADMINS

#2 Ibn As-Sabil

Traveller Of This World

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,094 posts
  • Interests:watching paint dry

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:23 AM

MP3 download of Surah Fath:
Text: http://www.muslimacc.../arabic/048.asp

#3 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:10 AM

^ nicely done sir

#4 pearl_of_da_sea

Asteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,062 posts
  • Interests:*Everything and anything to do with Islam (reading descriptions/stories of the sahaba may Allah be pleased with them)<br />*Politics<br />*Cracking lame jokes<br />*..Bludging is fun?<br />*Witnessing/encouraging cyber fights<br />*Making lost sista's life all the more worthwhile to live

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

The person who finishes the surah informs an admin from either forum. They must then book a time for a paltalk/skype session, whereby their recitation will be listened to [the listener will preferably be a person not from the forums, who holds an ijaza in quran. Though if we dont find a suitable person - our admins can do the job sisters with sisters, brother with brothers.]

That is so kool!

#5 Muharrir

Liberator

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:59 AM

Remember everyone: registrations will close on Friday the 13th of February

Registration is mandatory for those willing to participate, so register before then!

#6 Mo3tasima

Formerly "RaS"

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Interests:are under attack. May Allah swt allow us to witness the victory of Islam. Ameen

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:39 AM

Just a quick edit inshallah: Registrations close 13th of Feb, but that will be a Friday inshallah not a Sunday (so that needs to be changed in the guidelines as well inshallah) :)

Edited by Mo3tasima, 08 February 2009 - 03:41 AM.

#7 Muharrir

Liberator

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:53 AM

Oh right, edited now!

#8 Ibn As-Sabil

Traveller Of This World

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,094 posts
  • Interests:watching paint dry

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:50 PM

friday the 13th? :o

#9 pearl_of_da_sea

Asteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,062 posts
  • Interests:*Everything and anything to do with Islam (reading descriptions/stories of the sahaba may Allah be pleased with them)<br />*Politics<br />*Cracking lame jokes<br />*..Bludging is fun?<br />*Witnessing/encouraging cyber fights<br />*Making lost sista's life all the more worthwhile to live

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:26 AM

Lolol, coincidence much? No superstitions on that day iA.

#10 Guest_Umm Hurayrah_*

• Guests

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:57 PM

Salamu alaikum

If you guys want i can get my sheikh (Quran & Tajweed teacher) to listen to the recitations?
Yes he holds an ijaza mashAllah
If interested let me know and i can speak with him

#11 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:02 PM

Thats an idea; jzk sis we'll keep it in mind. For now we SHOUDL be able to hook someone up insha allah but we will let you know how we go iA :)

Wassalam

#12 Guest_Umm Hurayrah_*

• Guests

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:16 PM

Wa iyak. And if you guys want to do it separately (for the brothers and sisters) i know a sister who has an ijazah as well.

#13 Mo3tasima

Formerly "RaS"

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Interests:are under attack. May Allah swt allow us to witness the victory of Islam. Ameen

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:37 AM

^ wow excellent. Btw sis, itll defo be doen separately as in bros with a bro .. sisters with a sis

an idea on how we can get more cross forum communication happening? its hard with 2 boards

#14 Guest_Rajiyat Al Firdaws_*

• Guests

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:57 PM

Btw sis, itll defo be doen separately as in bros with a bro .. sisters with a sis

JAzakyAllahukhair i was going to inquire about that!

So how will it be done? through paltalk, skype, member's personal msn/yahoo address?

#15 sahil786

Stone

• Brothers
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:12 AM

:tear: wish I registered to the forum in time for this competition.

Mubarak to all those that have entered.
Algamdulillah a beautiful Surah you have chosen!!! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.