Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:57 AM

Fazza says:

"Im in insha Allah!"

#3 Abu Abok

Formerly "Anonymous" (now father of your father)

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:58 AM

Im in n on the SMY side B-)

#4 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:58 AM

Whats this forum hizbiyya?

Why do you have to be a deviant for bro?

#5 Abu Abok

Formerly "Anonymous" (now father of your father)

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:00 AM

O_O ... kawarij :P :P

#6 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:04 AM

Anyways, we want people to register interest at both forums if possible, at least for those members who are members of both forums insha Allah, so go for it :)

Wassalam

#7 -tawakkul-

old skool

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts
  • Interests:family and friends!

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:23 PM

omg this is soooooooo cool! count me in inshallah....now u need to link me up with a 7cgen hifz buddy- preferably someone in uk so i can call them inshallah.

Edited by sista afsana, 06 February 2009 - 12:25 PM.

#8 Mu'mina

la ilaha illa Allah <3

• Sister Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:16 PM

Mashallah!!!

Im In Inshallah

May Allah (SWT) make it easy for us to memorize and shower us with blessings Inshallah..Ameen

#9 Mala'ikah#2

Pebble

• Sisters
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:00 PM

View Postmu2mina_la_yowm_aldeen, on Feb 6 2009, 04:16 PM, said:

Mashallah!!!

Im In Inshallah

May Allah (SWT) make it easy for us to memorize and shower us with blessings Inshallah..Ameen

Ahaha, cool,

But I'm on nobody's side,

*popcorn*

#10 Umm Sumayyah

Formerly "Al-Khansaa"

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts
  • Interests:Islam

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:52 PM

Assalaamu 'Alaykum

Masha Allaah this is an excellent idea and I feel if I put my heart to it then by the will and help of Allah I can do this, but I fear that later I may not revise or go over this Soorah and may end up forgetting it :( which is a sin. So I'm not sure.

#11 roohiya

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,567 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:07 AM

Wa'alaikumus salaam,

SubhanAllah, I was actually thinking about this sis... wouldn't avoiding it be sinful too? Especially if you have the capability? As for this context...it'll be one surah - it won't be hard to forget it if you read it once a day insha'Allah. I dunno, I just think avoiding learning the Qur'an in fear of forgetting it doesn't sound too good. We need to constantly challenge ourselves to khair and step up a gear.

Forgetfulness is actually a rahmah from Allah swt - imagine we never forgot, we'd never read over the words and therefore never fully comprehend or even return to the Qur'an. Alhamdulilah.

#12 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:13 AM

View PostUmm Sumayyah, on Feb 6 2009, 08:52 PM, said:

Assalaamu 'Alaykum

Masha Allaah this is an excellent idea and I feel if I put my heart to it then by the will and help of Allah I can do this, but I fear that later I may not revise or go over this Soorah and may end up forgetting it :( which is a sin. So I'm not sure.

Hehe sis

then all the more reason to revise later ;)

Thats the thing with doing hifdh al quran - its a dilemma - on the one hand, you can memorise and feel the power in the short term, on the other hand, its easy to forget in the long term.

however, for tohse who constantly revise and want to commit it to their memory - they have ONE THING motivating them - the day Allah swt will allow them to ascend as high in the heavens as the amount of quran they know.

And subhan allah that ONE hadith is motivation enough. Its so incredible that it brings you to tears

Do it sis, join us and ascend in ranks :D

#13 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:15 AM

View Postroohiya, on Feb 6 2009, 11:07 PM, said:

Wa'alaikumus salaam,

SubhanAllah, I was actually thinking about this sis... wouldn't avoiding it be sinful too? Especially if you have the capability? As for this context...it'll be one surah - it won't be hard to forget it if you read it once a day insha'Allah. I dunno, I just think avoiding learning the Qur'an in fear of forgetting it doesn't sound too good. We need to constantly challenge ourselves to khair and step up a gear.

Forgetfulness is actually a rahmah from Allah swt - imagine we never forgot, we'd never read over the words and therefore never fully comprehend or even return to the Qur'an. Alhamdulilah.

Its not a good reason to avoid it but i dont think it would be sinful as such. Allahu a'lam

#14 roohiya

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,567 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

^ Will you not be held accountable if you had the resources to learn, let alone the capability? What does it mean to be held accountable even...? :unsure:

#15 pearl_of_da_sea

Asteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,062 posts
  • Interests:*Everything and anything to do with Islam (reading descriptions/stories of the sahaba may Allah be pleased with them)<br />*Politics<br />*Cracking lame jokes<br />*..Bludging is fun?<br />*Witnessing/encouraging cyber fights<br />*Making lost sista's life all the more worthwhile to live

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:04 PM

Pods says Im in on the smy and 7cgen side.

View PostFazza, on Feb 6 2009, 09:04 PM, said:

Anyways, we want people to register interest at both forums if possible, at least for those members who are members of both forums insha Allah, so go for it :)
Wassalam

Ok then, so if you're a member of both forums you can get either side to win? What if you're one of the five people on both forums?

View PostUmm Sumayyah, on Feb 7 2009, 07:52 AM, said:

Assalaamu 'Alaykum

But at the same time sister avoiding hifdh because you fear you may forget it could be worse, wallahu a'lam.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.