1. Congratulations on behalf of the Admin Team upon being crowned "The Chosen One" for the month of April 09.
What is your reaction?
Umm i laughed
Was it something expected?
Or have you been completely blown away?
2. Out of all the online internet forums, discussion boards, and blogs what made you join the 7th Century Generation Forum?
A member linked me here from another forum. I wasnt an active member in the beginning (because honestly this place used to freak me out) but then when 7cgen went through its "changes" i began to hang around more often and with time came to like this place. Alhamdulilah
3. Has the forum changed you in any way?
4. With a total of 2,552 posts and an average of 9.04 posts per day we can only question your motivation to contribute so actively...please elucidate!
Only an aya from the Quran could describe as it
( Surat al Kahf v. 28)
And keep yourself familiar to those who call upon their Lord in the morning and evening seeking His pleasure and your eyes should not see others leaving them; would you like the adornment of the life of this world? And obey not him whose heart We have made neglectful of Our remembrance and who followed his own desire and whose affair exceeded the limit.
I dont have this opportunity in real life, so this forum has given me what i wanted
5. Have you made new freinds/met new people in real-life, as a result of being on the forum?
Alhamdulilah i have come to know and love many sisters on this forum, although i haven't met any. If not in this dunya,then i pray Allah aids us to be from the 7 types of people whom He will shade, on the day when there is no shade but His.
6. What is about 7cgen that ensures your sustained activity?
Knowledge, first and foremost and the feeling of unity among the members, regardless of our difference in views. Its rare and difficult to find people as such, usually differences make people break apart, but the forumites here unite on their differences ...
7. Which section of the Forum are you most fond of? Why?
Islamic Sciences and Disciplines, i enjoy reading the Islamic articles posted there and what's beautiful about it is that one is always learning something new, as imam shafe'i (rha )used to say "the more i learn, the more i learn of my ignorance"
8. Do you intend to stay at the 7th Century community in future?
As we grow older we have other commitments we need to commit to, Allahu alam, but i am hoping that yes, i do stay inshallah.
9. From PaloPearl, to 3ashikatulshahada, to palopearl (again!), to Umm Hurayrah, and finally to Rajiyat Al Firdaws - other than a possible name change, what else can we expect from you??!
darn i was going to say another name change! ( i was thinking of changing my name this week infact, thanks for killing it
what do you guys expect from me?
10. In the various online Islamic discussion boards, as in real life, truth is established by dialogue. The 7th Century Forum aims to provide such a platform whereby intellectual discourse and dialogue may ensue. Do you believe the Forum is achieving its purpose and if not, would you kindly provide a few pointers of rectification.
Yep alhamdulillah, although (imo) the forum should concentrate more on establishing dialogues that would aid members in refuting other religions and their false claims on Islam...most of the current ones are political although they too are just as important. We should have a balance inshAllah
Anticipate FOTM May '09!