Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
Khilafah, Dajjal, Mahdi, Isa and the signs of the last day - 7th Century Generation

Khilafah, Dajjal, Mahdi, Isa and the signs of the last day

22 replies to this topic

#1 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:38 PM

Assalamu Alaikum

truly one of the MOST INTERESTING TOPICS.

Using for this thread a catalyst; a talk that was give and the research before hand that it required etc.

Talk: The major and minor signs of the day of Judgement, including Dajjal, Mahdi, Isa AS

THE QNA

A brother at the forum wanted this discussed a while back, after the above tlak being given. So i invite him and all else to engage in this topic.

perhaps listen to the talk first bro so you see what was said, then we can take it from there?

Wassalam
Faraz

#2 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:42 PM

I will also put up from time to time some interesting quotes/ahadith on the matter:

Minor signs
These are more general and form part of what we can see already happening in society. The major signs are more sequential events that i will go through.

Abu Musa Ash'ari (R.A.) and Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Mas'ood (RA) narrate and htemeaning taken is below; Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhii Wassallam) said, "Qiyamah will come...

When it will be regarded as a shame to act on Quranic injunctions.

When untrustworthy people will be regarded as trustworthy and the trustworthy will be regarded as untrustworthy.

When it will be hot in winter.

When the length of days is stretched, i.e. a journey of a few days is covered in a matter of hours.

When orators and lecturers lie openly.

When people dispute over petty issues.

When women with children come displeased on account of them bearing offspring, and barren women remain happy on account of having no responsibility of offspring.

When oppression, jealousy, and greed become the order of the day.

When people blatantly follow their passions and whims.

When lies prevail over the truth.

When violence, bloodshed and anarchy become common.

When immorality overtakes shamelessness and is perpetrated publicly.

When legislation matters pertaining to Deen is handed over to the worst elements of the Ummat, and if people accept them and are satisfied with their findings, then such persons will not smell the fragrance of Jannat.

When the offspring become a cause of grief and anger (for their parents).

Music and musical instruments will be found in every home.

People will indulge in homosexuality.

There will be an abundance of illegitimate children.

There will be an abundance of critics, tale-carriers, back- biters and taunters in society.

People will establish ties with strangers and sever relations with their near and dear ones.

Hypocrites will be in control of the affairs of the community and evil, immoral people will be at the helm of business establishments.

The Masjid will be decorated, but the hearts of the people will be devoid of guidance.

The courtyards of Masjids will be built beautifully and high mimbars (pulpits) will be erected.

Gangsters and evil people will prevail.

Various wines will be consumed excessively.

#3 Guest_Rajiyat Al Firdaws_*

• Guests

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:35 PM

JazakAllahukhair (esp. for the notes)
the lecture loaded half way so inshallah will watch and give feedback when its through loading

#4 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:08 AM

No worries sis. Wa iyyakum

lots more notes to come insha Allah; I will put them up some at a time so the reading isnt burdensome insha allah. If you find anything of contention in the talk do brign it up; there might have been one or two things that might have been left confusing as it was quite long and often there was dicsussion of "various opinions on a matter"
wassalam

#5 Guest_Rajiyat Al Firdaws_*

• Guests

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:16 AM

Alhamdulilah, just got through listenning to the lecture. MashAllah, excellent job.
Many lectures i listened to on this topic didn't go into that much detail, so a lot of things were new to me in this one. Like the war with "assufyani", the numbers of those who give allegiance to al medhi being the same as in battle of badr, mehdi's and isa's (a.s) resemblance to the prophet s.a.w and much more. Also, the hadith you mentioned about the two angels who will speak and the fact only one will be heard which would cause many to go astray and believe in dajjal being Allah, subhanAllah that is scary. You cited most of your information in the lecture this time, which was super. Also i think its great how you went over the solutions in detail with the short time remaining. However, you mentioned that after Isa's (a.s) death the world will not remain peaceful, and you stopped at that. I think it would've been interesting to know more about what would happen after his (a.s) death. Then again it would've required more time which you probably didn't have. The point about the khilafah being already established before the coming of al mahdi is very interesting indeed and is new to me, SubhanAllah...You mentioned a book that you used by a Moroccan scholar in the beginning of the lecture, may I ask who he is and what is the name of the book? Overall you did an excellent job masha'Allah, i have to say one of your best so far. BarakAllahufeek and may Allah reward you for your efforts.

#6 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:40 AM

BarakAllahu feeki respected sister!

I appreciate your feedback. Of course any good is from Allah ta'ala so i know my role in the talk being even half good was close to nil. Alhamduliillah that you found it beneficial. However i would emphasis that if you find any missing things in there that could hvae made the talk easy to understand, then please do bring my attention to them.

As to carrying forth the discussion/posting, then basically the reason i didnt include the what happens after isa AS is becuase thats covered by another seven signs (LOL) and thus quite lengthy. however as to the generality of the statement "there will be bad after" what i meant is that (and didnt bother claryfying even though i knew as soon as i said it that it wasnt 100% accurate) that once again people will be engaged in badness, but after the believers have all been lifted ;) A wind comes taking the souls of the believers, and only disbelievers are left. They engage in intercourse like donkeys etc - this is the hadith on the matter or something to that effect. So the fasad will return at some point but not because the ummah will necessarily engage in it. Does that make sense?

I am going to find put the texts of the ahadith you mentioned in the next post iA

Wassalam

#7 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:45 AM

Believers in Allah will face hardship while The believers in Dajjal will temporarily rejoice

He will come to people and tell them he is Allah and they will believe him. The sky on his order will pour rain and the earth will grow crops for these people. Their animals will graze on his land and return to them in the evening with large udders and their flanks full. He will then proceed to some other people and call them but they will refuse to believe him. Without forcing them he will leave and carry on with his mission. However, when these true believers wake up in the morning they will find that they are penniless and all their properties have been destroyed. (Nawwas-b-Samaan/Muslim)

On hearing about the Dajjal a true believer will head towards him. However, on the way he will be stopped by Dajjal's soldiers and asked where he is intending to go. Replying that he is going to meet the person who claims that he is Allah, the soldiers doubting him will ask, ''Do you not believe in our Lord (Dajjal)?'' He will reply there is nothing hidden about our Lord Allah so how can I take Dajjal as my Lord. Angry at his reply they will decide to kill him. But all of a sudden one of them will say, ''Hasn't our Lord (Dajjal) prohibited us from killing anyone without his permission?"

Thus they will take him to the Dajjal. On seeing the Dajjal he will shout, "O people this is the Dajjal the Prophet mentioned and warned the believers of". Dajjal will order to kill him. He will be placed on his belly and severely beaten. He will be asked, "Do you still not believe in him?" "No! You are the lying Dajjal" he will reply. The true believer will then be sawn into two pieces, the Dajjal will walk in between the two pieces and address him, "Stand up." The true believer will become alive and stand up in one piece. Yet again he will be asked, "Do you now believe in me?" He will reply, "It has only added to my insight concerning you that you are really the Dajjal." The believer will then proclaim, "O people he will not be able to do anything to any man after me." The Dajjal angry at his refusal will grab hold of him and place a knife between his neck and throat to slaughter him but he will be unsuccessful as Allah will place copper in that area and the knife will find no way to penetrate. The Dajjal will grab hold of his hands and legs and throw him into the fire. However, the fire will turn into a pleasant garden for him. This person will be the greatest martyr in the eyes of Allah and achieve the highest position due to his first death, which was caused by severance of the body in two pieces.(Abu Saeed al-Khudri /Muslim).

IS THE DAJJAL HERE ALREADY?

Fatimah-bint-Qais reported, "I heard the proclaimer of the Messenger of Allah proclaiming (for) 'Congregational Prayer'. I went to the mosque and prayed with the Prophet. When he finished his prayer, he sat upon the pulpit smiling and said, 'Let every man remain in his seat.' He then asked, 'Do you know why I have called you together?' They replied, 'Allah and his Messenger know best.' The Prophet said, 'By Allah, I have not called you together for hope or for fear, I have called you together because Tamim ad- Dari who was a Christian, came and embraced Islam.
He narrated a story to me, which agreed with the account I had given to you about the Dajjal. He informed me that he had embarked upon a sea-boat with thirty men of Lakhm and Jozam. Then the sea waves played with them for a month and threw them on to an island when the sun was about to set. They sat in a small side boat and landed on the Island. A beast with very coarse hair met them. They could not tell its front from its back due to its excessive hair. They asked, 'Woe to thee! Who art thou?" It replied, 'I am a spy. Go to this man in the monastery, as he is eager to receive the information you bring.

Tamim Dari said, 'When it named a man for us, we fled away from it lest it might be the devil. Then we hurriedly went on until we entered the monastery and found a big-bodied man whom we had never seen before. He was firmly tied up, his hands tied to his neck, the place between his knees, and joints tied up with iron chains.' We asked, 'Woe to thee! What are thou?' He replied, 'You have the power to get my information. Inform me about yourselves.

They replied, 'We are people from Arabia, we embarked upon a sea boat, but the sea waves played with us for a month and threw us onto this island. A beast of coarse hairs met us and said, 'I am a spy. Go to the man in the monastery.' So we approached you hurriedly. He asked, 'Tell me about the trees of Baisan. Do they bear fruit?.' 'Yes' We replied. He said, 'Behold! Soon they will not yield fruit.' He asked, 'Inform me of the lake of Tiberias. Is there water in it?' We replied, 'It is full of water.' He informed us, 'Soon its water will disappear.' He then asked, 'Inform me of the fountain of Zugara. Is there water in it and do its inhabitants irrigate with the water of the fountain?' 'Yes, it is full of water and it's inhabitants irrigate from its water. He asked, 'Inform me of the Prophet of the illiterates. What does he do?' We said, 'He has just come out of Makkah and gone to Yathrib.' He asked, 'Have the Arabs fought with him?' 'Yes' We replied. He asked, 'How did he treat them' We informed him that he had got the upper hand of those of the Arabs who opposed him and they obeyed him. He said, 'Behold! It is better for them if they obey him. As for myself I am certainly the Anti-Christ and it is near that an order will be passed for me to come out. I shall then come out and travel the world. I shall leave no village at which I shall not land within 40 nights except Makkah and Taibah, which will be forbidden to me. Whenever I wish to enter one of the two, an angel with a sword in his hand will encounter me and prevent me therefrom. There will be angels on every side to guard it. The apostle of Allah struck his pulpit with his staff and said, 'This is Taibah meaning Madinah. Behold! Did I not tell you?' 'Yes' they replied. 'Behold, he is in the Syrian sea or sea of Yemen; no, rather he is from the eastern direction. He then pointed out with his hand towards the East.' (Muslim)

Dajjal's Deception

Two angels resembling two Prophets, one on either side will accompany him. This will be to test mankind. Hence Dajjal will ask, "Am I not your lord? Do I not give life and death?" One of the angels will reply, "You are a liar." However nobody will be able to hear this reply besides the other angel. The second angel addressing the first angel will say, "You are speaking the truth." Every body will hear what this second angel said and will think that an angel is testifying that the Dajjal is Allah though in reality this second angel was addressing the first and agreeing with his reply that you are speaking the truth that the Dajjal is certainly a liar. (Narrated by Safeena-Musnad Ahrnad)

#8 Guest_Rajiyat Al Firdaws_*

• Guests

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:45 AM

JazakAllahukhair

(Narrated by Safeena-Musnad Ahrnad)

Who's that?^ for a second i thought it was a typo of "Ahmad" but then i googled it and saw the name. Any info on the imam?

#9 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:25 AM

Its an error sis - its meant to be Imam ahmed. Sorry about that. Problem in the copy paste etc.

Wassalam

#10 Aasiyah

Boulder

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:55 AM

View PostFazza, on May 9 2009, 12:45 PM, said:

IS THE DAJJAL HERE ALREADY?

Fatimah-bint-Qais reported, "I heard the proclaimer of the Messenger of Allah proclaiming (for) 'Congregational Prayer'. I went to the mosque and prayed with the Prophet. When he finished his prayer, he sat upon the pulpit smiling and said, 'Let every man remain in his seat.' He then asked, 'Do you know why I have called you together?' They replied, 'Allah and his Messenger know best.' The Prophet said, 'By Allah, I have not called you together for hope or for fear, I have called you together because Tamim ad- Dari who was a Christian, came and embraced Islam.
He narrated a story to me, which agreed with the account I had given to you about the Dajjal. He informed me that he had embarked upon a sea-boat with thirty men of Lakhm and Jozam. Then the sea waves played with them for a month and threw them on to an island when the sun was about to set. They sat in a small side boat and landed on the Island. A beast with very coarse hair met them. They could not tell its front from its back due to its excessive hair. They asked, 'Woe to thee! Who art thou?" It replied, 'I am a spy. Go to this man in the monastery, as he is eager to receive the information you bring.

Tamim Dari said, 'When it named a man for us, we fled away from it lest it might be the devil. Then we hurriedly went on until we entered the monastery and found a big-bodied man whom we had never seen before. He was firmly tied up, his hands tied to his neck, the place between his knees, and joints tied up with iron chains.' We asked, 'Woe to thee! What are thou?' He replied, 'You have the power to get my information. Inform me about yourselves.

They replied, 'We are people from Arabia, we embarked upon a sea boat, but the sea waves played with us for a month and threw us onto this island. A beast of coarse hairs met us and said, 'I am a spy. Go to the man in the monastery.' So we approached you hurriedly. He asked, 'Tell me about the trees of Baisan. Do they bear fruit?.' 'Yes' We replied. He said, 'Behold! Soon they will not yield fruit.' He asked, 'Inform me of the lake of Tiberias. Is there water in it?' We replied, 'It is full of water.' He informed us, 'Soon its water will disappear.' He then asked, 'Inform me of the fountain of Zugara. Is there water in it and do its inhabitants irrigate with the water of the fountain?' 'Yes, it is full of water and it's inhabitants irrigate from its water. He asked, 'Inform me of the Prophet of the illiterates. What does he do?' We said, 'He has just come out of Makkah and gone to Yathrib.' He asked, 'Have the Arabs fought with him?' 'Yes' We replied. He asked, 'How did he treat them' We informed him that he had got the upper hand of those of the Arabs who opposed him and they obeyed him. He said, 'Behold! It is better for them if they obey him. As for myself I am certainly the Anti-Christ and it is near that an order will be passed for me to come out. I shall then come out and travel the world. I shall leave no village at which I shall not land within 40 nights except Makkah and Taibah, which will be forbidden to me. Whenever I wish to enter one of the two, an angel with a sword in his hand will encounter me and prevent me therefrom. There will be angels on every side to guard it. The apostle of Allah struck his pulpit with his staff and said, 'This is Taibah meaning Madinah. Behold! Did I not tell you?' 'Yes' they replied. 'Behold, he is in the Syrian sea or sea of Yemen; no, rather he is from the eastern direction. He then pointed out with his hand towards the East.' (Muslim)

I read this before but got confused and didnt end up looking into it anymore. There is also narrations in Ibn Kathir's Signs of the Day of Judgement that Dajjal will be born between Syria and Iraq to Jewish parents who will conceive after many years of trying. Do you know any scholarly explanations linking the 2 narrations about how Dajjal will emerge? Or is one more authentic than the other?

#11 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:03 AM

Which bit exctly in imam ibn kathir's book sis? i have it in front of me and cant seem to place what you are talking about?

wassalam

#12 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:06 AM

Oh found it :D Alhamdulillah. Not the hadith, but the reason why it wasnt in my talk and what i found about it from my research - yes there is that hadith in ibn kathir's work (but i want you to find me the text regardless if you can). THe reason its not included in the topic's exposition is that it was also found in al mishkat (al masabih; famous hadith work which was also refernced in the talk a fair bit). however, it was graded da'if.

I actualy have access to the mishkat in a dawah center some brothers run and where the talk was held (the one in the first post) - i will be there tomorrow and will check up insha allah. its meant to be no. 6445 in mishkat. Alhamdulillah for books!

Wassalam

#13 Al-Siddiq

Comet

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:43 AM

inshAllah I will watch this.

I have done some research on this topic, as it is one of my favorites, if not my most favorite topic too =P.

Imam anwar al awlaki does a very good job for background, timing, and general explanations in his 22 (or is it 21?) part series. What I really want is a book of fiqh on this topic.

MashAllah this should be something I should show to the brothers I know here ;).

#14 i_zaki

Spammer

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:54 AM

i have a book on this (signs of the last day)
good thread...

wasalam

#15 Aasiyah

Boulder

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:04 AM

Sorry bro, i dont have the book with me now. I read it many years ago. I have heard that ibn kathir uses a lot of hadith that are da'if. So i wanted clarification on that. I saw on online version of his book but I couldnt seem to find the hadith i mentioned :(

Edited by Aasiyah, 09 May 2009 - 06:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.