Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
HIFDH SUBSECTION LAUNCHED! - 7th Century Generation

HIFDH SUBSECTION LAUNCHED!

19 replies to this topic

#1 7Cgen

Admin Annoucements

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:07 AM

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmauAllahi wa barakatuh,

Carrying on from this thread, we'd like to announce that the hifdh subsection is now ready and to be in use very soon insha'Allah...

We just need to bring a few points to your attention before we begin on this blessed journey (and we ask Allah to make it a blessed and successul one) ameen.

What is the hifdh subsection?
Its a password protected section that can only be accessed/viewed by certain members.

Why do only certain members get to view/access the subsection?
Because we expect/hope for great results, and this can only be ensured if members are serious about it.

Why can't this be done in the main section?
The benefits of doing this privately are many, but the two main points are:

1. Riy'a (showing off)

Our beloved Prophet :saws: said,

"He who allows the people to hear of his good deeds intentionally to win their praise, Allah will allow the people to know his real intention (i.e. on the Day of Judgement) and he who does good things in public to show off and win the praise of people, Allah will disclose his real intention and humiliate him (i.e. on the Day of Judgement)."
[Al-Bukharee & Muslim]

also

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah radiaAllahu anhu, who said i heard the Prophet :saws: say:

...."Next a man who had acquired and imparted knowledge and read the Qur'an will be brought forward, Allah will remind him of the favours He had bestowed upon him and the man will acknowledge them. Then He will ask him: `What did you do to express gratitude for it?' The man will reply: `I acquired knowledge and taught it, and read the Qur'an for Your sake.' Allah will say to him: `You have lied. You acquired knowledge so that people might call you a learned (man), and you read the Qur'an so that they might call you a reciter, and they have done so.' Command will then be issued about him, and he will be dragged on his face and thrown into Hell"....(Saheeh Muslim)

2. Dedication
As stated earlier we need members who are serious about this and this will ensure less derailing and more substance in threads insha'Allah.

What will be going on in the subsection?
Members will be sharing hifdh tips, giving advice, helping each other out and those who wish can give progress reports on the memorization of their listed suwar.

How can I gain access to the subsection?
Brothers PM Fazza
Sisters PM Rajiyat Al Firdaws

(NOTE: those who have contacted sister Rajiyat Al Firdaws via pm/comments do not need to do this, your names have been listed and you will be notified of the password via PM very soon insha'Allah)

We pray that this proves to be both beneficial and encouraging to everyone. Your contribution is very much appreciated, barakAllahu feekum.

واخر دعوانا ان الحمد لله رب العلمين

Wassalaamu alaikum,
7CG

#2 7Cgen

Admin Annoucements

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:14 AM

Here we go - http://www.7cgen.com...hp?showforum=99 :)

Wassalam

#3 7Cgen

Admin Annoucements

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:18 AM

PASSWORD WILL BE RELEASED LATER TODAY - any others wishing to take part in this please do let us know insha allah ta'ala :)

Admin team

#4 Guest_Rajiyat Al Firdaws_*

• Guests

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:19 AM

Alhamdulillah, this should be great insha'Allah.

#5 islam_mydeen

Formerly "born n die - alone"

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts
  • Interests:making you smile =)

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:49 AM

oh sweet.. Insha'Allah everything goes well

wasalam

#6 Jineen

Boulder

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:18 AM

:) Mashallah great benefits inshallah for all. Jazzak Allah khier sister.

#7 Salaam

Official Rebel Leader of BoB

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,875 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:48 AM

excelent, so can it also be used to learn a single surah or just the whole quran?

#8 rambant

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,311 posts
  • Interests:Ants.
    The life of an ant starts with an egg.
    If the egg is fertilized, the ant will be female (diploid).
    If the egg is not fertilized, it will be male (haploid).
    [If the egg is black, it will be Indian (indoid) ROFL!]

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:48 AM

Do those of us who've already been assigned a surah get auto entry?

#9 roohiya

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,567 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:58 AM

View PostSalaam, on May 29 2009, 06:48 PM, said:

excelent, so can it also be used to learn a single surah or just the whole quran?

It can be whatever you want it to be. Contact Faraz with your spec insha'Allah.

View Postrambant, on May 29 2009, 07:48 PM, said:

Do those of us who've already been assigned a surah get auto entry?

Those who have already signed up will be PM'd the password soon insha'Allah.

#10 Sadi

Stone

• Brothers
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:08 AM

Assalamualikum wa rahmatullah

I have found that memorising by listening is very effective and you can vastly improve the makhraj-quality even of what you have already memorised.

The ingredients needed are a high quality recording of a Sheikh reciting with tarteel (i.e. not the subcontinent 6th gear type taraweeh recording), an attentive ear and a longing to memorise.

I have gone about picking and chosing Surahs to memorise, I felt guilty at times for favouring Surahs but then I thought whatever I memorise can only benefit.

Here is a little known website with CD and higher quality recordings of the Quran of various scholars. The Sheikh I have been listening to is Sheikh al Hudthayfi http://s2.musulmanin.../quran/huzaifi/ His recording is 132Kb/second, which is excellent, CD quality. There are recordings on this site at 320Kb/second!

May Allah (SWT) increase our love towards the deen and his Book and make us sincere in it.

#11 TorqueWar Seeker

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

Are members assigned surahs to memorise within a given time frame or are they allowed to choose the surahs as well as the time frame?

And what is suwar? The plural of surah?

#12 TorqueWar Seeker

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:30 PM

Anybody?

#13 -Abu Yusuf-

Formerly Mosa

• Brothers
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:03 AM

View PostTorqueWar Seeker, on Mar 8 2010, 11:08 PM, said:

ya, it is.

#14 Guest_Rajiyat Al Firdaws_*

• Guests

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:47 AM

Sorry sis. You get to choose whichever surah you want to memorize and your own pace.

#15 TorqueWar Seeker

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:57 PM

View Post-Abu Yusuf-, on Mar 10 2010, 09:33 AM, said:

View PostTorqueWar Seeker, on Mar 8 2010, 11:08 PM, said:

ya, it is.

Jazak Allahu Khairan

View PostRajiyat Al Firdaws, on Mar 10 2010, 10:17 AM, said:

Sorry sis. You get to choose whichever surah you want to memorize and your own pace.

Oh. I don't know if that will work for me. I need someone else to decide and force it on me or I could take years!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.