Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:19 PM
1. Congratulations on behalf of the Admin Team upon being crowned "The Chosen One" for the month of May of the year 2009. What is your reaction? Was it something expected? Or have you been completely blown away?
I can do without the crown thanks. My reaction? Surprise? Astonishment? To be honest, I don't know why I was handed this, clearly there are many people here who contribute exponentially more than I do. We should leave the rewards for those righteous and pious brothers and sisters inshAllah. But jazakumullahu khair inshAllah, may Allah reward the Admin team for their efforts and the spread of such righteous knowledge for muslims like myself who are still learning.
2. Out of all the online internet forums, discussion boards, and blogs what made you join the 7th Century Generation Forum?
The knowledge, the community. To be honest, finding righteous knowledge and a righteous community is neigh impossible both online and in person. Alhamdulilah Allah has blessed me with one of both that I can live with. It is a blessing of Allah that we all have a place where we can speak al-haq and spread righteous knowledge to each other. May Allah instill within us the passion of spreading the truth.
3. Has the forum changed you in any way?
Tons! If I had a gold coin for every bit of knowledge I gained here, I would own the treasury of the khifalah =P. Alhamdulilah, on a serious note it has made a lot of impacts for me, both in knowledge and in character.
4. With a total of 839 posts over a period of 3 months, you have caused quite a stir to the Forum Stats. However, as was the case with all previous FOTM's (lol), there is ikhtilaf behind the scenes as to your real intentions. Please clear the air for us!
My real intentions, lol? I spend a few hours on this forum daily if I can, so that probably speaks a little of the number of posts. I try to speak of matters whenever I have knowledge of them, and I do not like passing up a moment of spreading knowledge that I am confident of, because I see it as missed reward. However, I fear that I might speak of that which I do not have knowledge of, so inshaAllah I should spend more time thinking on that as well. Perhaps I have too many posts too soon? Allah hu alam, make dua for me brothers and sisters =).
5. Have you made new freinds/met new people in real-life, as a result of being on the forum?
Unfortunatley no. Alas, I am in Canada, and everyone seems to be in the UK or Australia. I have yet to find a brother or sister in this country from 7cgen. But inshAllah if I visit australia... hehehe. A trip to nahdah will suffice I think =P.
6. What is about 7cgen that ensures your sustained activity?
This question is so big that I cannot hope to answer it all but I'll give some brief points.
-This forum strengthens my imaan everyday. Every ayah I read, every hadith, every bit of advice leads me to strengthen and improve my actions inshAllah
-This forum is an excellent form of truthful knowledege. The brothers and sisters here have good knowledge alhamdulilah, and there is a lot of benefit from it for me.
-This forum has excellent discussions and on relevant topics. Often times people discuss things that have no relevance to anything. I mean why would I care about the rule on eating dead goats on the side of the road? I have much more pressing matters, like the establishment of the khilafah and helping my muslim brothers and sisters.
-The forum has a very honorable and caring community. I don't know about you guys, but I really feel a strong community here, and I sometimes feel that this is what a muslim community should be like
-And the forum is an excellent form of gaining reward. I find it a good use of my time which I will be answering for on the day of judgement inshAllah.
There are probably more but you're are all tired of reading I'm sure =P.
7. Which section of the Forum are you most fond of? Why?
Ummm all of them? lol.
Well I most enjoy open mic, islamic sciences and disciplines, current issues, anonymous advisory, your shout, and of course our very own BAND of brothers (it's like the jokes section! =P).
8. Do you intend to stay at the 7th Century community in future?
I have the intention to do so right now, but Allah hu alam. Perhaps in the future I won't have need of the forum, since I will be meeting you all in dar-al-islam inshAllah!
But as of now, yes, my intention is to stay around here as long as possible.
9. Would you care to please bring us up to date with the da'wah situation in Canada? From your understanding, what level is the Muslim Community generally at? Are they responsive to the calls of the da'wah carriers?
This is an interesting question.
Well what I will start by saying is that my understanding of Islam has been heavily influenced by the MSA at my university (Wilfrid Laurier University). The MSA here had desolved a very long time ago, and was only recently restarted (some 5-6 years ago) by a single brother. He then turned it into a group of what is now about 40-50 of us alhamdulilah (we don't all have equal understanding, but we are a group). However, I am sad to say that this is not true of any other university that we have come into contact with so far. They are riddled with modernists, reformists, and secularists. We also have groups that are heavily sufi-istic, or followers of the al-kauthar movement. Discussion is time-consuming, resistance is strong, and the public generally accepts very little of the jihadi aspect of Islam (almost synonymous with terrorism).
That being said, I strongly believe that not only are the brothers and sisters here open to discussion, but so are all Canadians in general. It is very easy to being discussion, and it is also easy to get them to listen. You see, the issue is with the bias already developed, but they are very tolerant and willing to listen to what you have to say. It is not like the United states, people here do listen if you speak with them. InshAllah, Allah is the source of all strength and I ask him to aid us in all of our righteous actions. And I ask that you brothers and sisters also make dua for us inshAllah.
This is a very short summary lol (yeah not short for you to read but short as compared to the reality =P).
10. In the various online Islamic discussion boards, as in real life, truth is established by dialogue. The 7th Century Forum aims to provide such a platform whereby intellectual discourse and dialogue may ensue. Do you believe the Forum is achieving this purpose and if not, would you kindly provide a few pointers of rectification
Alhamdulilah, the forum fulfills its purpose in my eyes.
As a Muslim brother who cares about his muslim brothers and sisters here, I will say that perhaps the giving of takfeer gets a little carried away, and sometimes some of us (me at the forefront) get a little hardheaded forgetting to accept difference of opinion. But inshAllah, we do our best to do what is right and gain the truth. So may Allah make us successful not only in the journey to attain the truth, but to gain a place in jannat-ul-firdaws inshAllah!
Let us die as sidiqoon and shaheed inshAllah!
Wa Allahu A'lam.