Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
smiles of the Prophet (pbuh) - 7th Century Generation

smiles of the Prophet (pbuh)

46 replies to this topic

#1 Jineen

Boulder

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:51 PM

Asalamo alakom
Smiles of the Prophet (pbuh)

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 114:
[indent] Narrated 'Aisha:

I never saw the Prophet laughing to an extent that one could see his palate, but he always used to smile only.

[/indent] Volume 8, Book 73, Number 115: [indent] Narrated Anas:

A man came to the Prophet on a Friday while he (the Prophet) was delivering a sermon at Medina, and said, "There is lack of rain, so please invoke your Lord to bless us with the rain." The Prophet looked at the sky when no cloud could be detected. Then he invoked Allah for rain. Clouds started gathering together and it rained till the Medina valleys started flowing with water. It continued raining till the next Friday. Then that man (or some other man) stood up while the Prophet was delivering the Friday sermon, and said, "We are drowned; Please invoke your Lord to withhold it (rain) from us" The Prophet smiled and said twice or thrice, "O Allah! Please let it rain round about us and not upon us." The clouds started dispersing over Medina to the right and to the left, and it rained round about Medina and not upon Medina. Allah showed them (the people) the miracle of His Prophet and His response to his invocation.

[/indent]

#2 Sadia.

Juman-jee

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:23 AM

...And to think we make a loud racket when we laugh.

#3 pearl_of_da_sea

Asteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,062 posts
  • Interests:*Everything and anything to do with Islam (reading descriptions/stories of the sahaba may Allah be pleased with them)<br />*Politics<br />*Cracking lame jokes<br />*..Bludging is fun?<br />*Witnessing/encouraging cyber fights<br />*Making lost sista's life all the more worthwhile to live

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:28 AM

^ Indeed :unsure:

View Posthijab_girl, on Jul 18 2009, 07:51 AM, said:

Asalamo alakom
Smiles of the Prophet (pbuh)

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 114:
[indent] Narrated 'Aisha:

I never saw the Prophet laughing to an extent that one could see his palate, but he always used to smile only.

[/indent] Volume 8, Book 73, Number 115: [indent] Narrated Anas:

A man came to the Prophet on a Friday while he (the Prophet) was delivering a sermon at Medina, and said, "There is lack of rain, so please invoke your Lord to bless us with the rain." The Prophet looked at the sky when no cloud could be detected. Then he invoked Allah for rain. Clouds started gathering together and it rained till the Medina valleys started flowing with water. It continued raining till the next Friday. Then that man (or some other man) stood up while the Prophet was delivering the Friday sermon, and said, "We are drowned; Please invoke your Lord to withhold it (rain) from us" The Prophet smiled and said twice or thrice, "O Allah! Please let it rain round about us and not upon us." The clouds started dispersing over Medina to the right and to the left, and it rained round about Medina and not upon Medina. Allah showed them (the people) the miracle of His Prophet and His response to his invocation.

[/indent]

The second is a nice story :yes:

#4 Salaam

Official Rebel Leader of BoB

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,902 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

theirs another story were muhammad SAW laughed smiled, i think it was after battle of uhud, i'll post the story if i can find it inshallah, its in bhukari, so if anybody knows the story im reffering to please post inshallah

#5 Al Muhajir

Formerly 'AMIR'

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

nice story, mashallah!

#6 Jineen

Boulder

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:08 PM

Jazzak Allah khier for reading them.

The day of the Battle of Uhud was one of the hardest for the Muslim community in Madinah. The Muslim state established by the Prophet (peace be upon him) there, was still in its early years. Having achieved a great victory one year earlier, the Muslims were now facing the same enemies again, who had gathered a large force and come to attack them in their city. The Prophet (Pbuh) mars halled his companions and gave clear instructions to the unit in the rear of the army, guarding a vulnerable position. Yet it was this unit that disobeyed his orders and caused chaos within Muslim ranks, leading to a defeat. Most of the Muslim forces scattered and withdrew, while the Prophet (pbuh) remained steadfast with few of his companions. One of them was Saad ibn Abi Waqqas, who was related to the Prophet through his mother.

Saad was a very good marksman with arrows, and the Prophet encouraged him as he aimed his arrows at the enemy soldiers. He even said to him what amounted to sacrificing his parents for his sake. This is the type of phrase that was said to a very dear person. Indeed, Saad was proud of the fact that the Prophet said so to him. He also reports that one of the unbelievers was very hard on Muslims, causing them much trouble. The Prophet encouraged Saad saying: “Throw your arrows, Saad! May both my parents be sacrificed for your sake.” Saad reports: “I aimed at him an arrow without a head. It hit him in his side and he fell down. His private parts became exposed. The Prophet laughed and I looked at him laughing with his molar teeth visible.” (Related by Al-Bukhari, Muslim, Al-Tirmidhi and Ahmad).

The first thing to say in comment on this report is that the Prophet did not laugh because the man’s private parts were exposed. The Prophet would immediately turn away if he saw anyone’s private parts. He laughed because the man who was fighting hard, causing the Muslims so much trouble fell to a headless arrow that could not even cause a wound. In fact, he fell and died. The headless arrow caused his death, despite hitting him on the side. His fall also caused his exposure, but this was no laughing matter. What the Prophet was pleased about was that a fighter causing the Muslims too much trouble, to the extent that the Hadith describes it as “burning” should be so easily killed by a side hit, with a headless arrow. This was one of the rare occasions in which the Prophet laughed.

View PostSalaam, on Jul 18 2009, 01:23 PM, said:

theirs another story were muhammad SAW laughed smiled, i think it was after battle of uhud, i'll post the story if i can find it inshallah, its in bhukari, so if anybody knows the story im reffering to please post inshallah

#7 Salaam

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,902 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:41 AM

^ the story i was reffering to

#8 guest_1584

Formerly "cyber_self"

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:32 AM

Prophet Muhammad (sas) said: "Even a smile is charity."

Prophet Muhammad (sas) said: "O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little." [Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, #627]

The Prophet usually had a very friendly, inviting disposition. He smiled, and laughed as situations "naturally" warranted. Just like he did not try to artificially induce tears in his eyes, he did not suppress his laugh during situations that were humorous.

1. The Prophet used to smile, rather than laugh ...

He generally used to smile rather than laugh Aisha, wife of the Messenger of Allah said: I never saw the Messenger of Allah laugh fully to such an extent that I could see his uvula. He would only smile, ... [Sunan Abu Dawood, Vol. 3, #5079] [Note: Whether he smiled or laugh depended on the situation as illustrated by the Hadiths quoted below.]

2. The Prophet's smile and companions' laughing sessions ...

Narrated Jabir ibn Samurah: Simak ibn Harb asked Jabir ibn Samurah, "Did you sit in the company of the Messenger of Allah?" He said: Yes, very often. He (the Prophet) used to sit at the place where he observed the morning or dawn prayer till the sun rose or when it had risen; he would stand, and they (his Companions) would talk about matters (pertaining to the days) of ignorance, and they would laugh (on these matters) while (the Prophet) only smiled. [Sahih Muslim, #1413]

3. Go ahead make your dear ones feel good!

Narrated Hadhrat Fatima , The Prophet told me something secretly (during his fatal illness) and I laughed. [Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Chapter 68 on smiling and laughing]

4. You should be jestful with your family!

Narrated Ibn Mas'ud: "Mix with the people on the condition that your Deen is not jeopardized, and be jestful with the family." [Sahih al-Bukhari, Chapter 81 on "To be cheerful with the people"]

5. The Prophet used to laugh too; sometimes till his front teeth were exposed...

Hadhrat Abu Dhar reported that the Prophet said: "I know the last of inhabitants of Paradise to enter it and the last of the inhabitants of Hell to come out it. He is a man who would be brought on the Day of Resurrection and it will be said: Present his minor sins to him, and withhold from him his serious sins. Then the minor sins would be placed before him, and it would be said: On such and such day you did so and so and on such and such day you did so and so. He would say: Yes. It will not be possible for him to deny, while he would be afraid lest serious sins should be presented before him. It would be said to him: In place of every evil deed you will have good deed. He will (then) say: My Lord! I have done things that I do not see here." I indeed saw the Mesenger of Allah laugh till his front teeth were exposed. [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 1, #365]

6. Sometimes laughing is just not right...

Narrated Aisha: Some young men from the Quraysh visited Aisha as she was in Mina and they (audience) were laughing. She said: What makes you laugh? They said: Such and such person stumbled against the rope of the tent and he was about to break his neck or lose his eyes. She said: Don't laugh for I heard Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) saying: If a Muslim runs a thorn or (gets into trouble) severe than this, there is assured for him (a higher) rank and his sins are obliterated. [Sahih Muslim, #6237]

7. The Prophet's kiddy talk!

Narrated Anas bin Malik , The Prophet used to mix with us to the extent that he would say to a younger brother of mine (he had a bird called Umair), "O father of Umair! What did do the Nughair (a kind of bird)?" [Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, #150]

8. Asking the Prophet for a camel

Anas said: A man came to the Prophet and said: O Apostle of Allah! give me a mount. The Prophet said: We shall give you a she-camel's child to ride on. He said: What shall I do with a she-camel's child? The Prophet replied: Do any others than she-camels give birth to camels?" [Sunan Abu Dawood; Vol. 3, # 4980; also #4981; #4982]

9. The tale of a stubborn animal...

Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib: Ali ibn Rabi'ah said: I was present with Ali while an animal was brought to him to ride. When he put his foot in the stirrup, he said: "In the name of Allah." Then when he sat on its back, he said: "Praise be to Allah." He then said: "Glory be to Him Who has made this subservient to us, for we had not the strength, and to our Lord do we return." He then said: "Praise be to Allah (thrice); Allah is Most Great (thrice): glory be to Thee, I have wronged myself, so forgive me, for only Thou forgivest sins." He then laughed. He was asked: At what did you laugh? He replied: I saw the Apostle of Allah do as I have done, and laugh after that. I asked: Apostle of Allah , at what are you laughing? He replied: Your Lord, Most High, is pleased with His servant when he says: "Forgive me my sins." He knows that no one forgives sins except Him. [Sunan Abu Dawood, Vol. 2, #2596]

10. What is there to laugh about a good use of Qur'anic logic ...?

Amr ibn al-As said: I had a sexual dream on a cold night in the battle of Dhat al-Salasil. I was afraid, if I washed/bathed I would die. I, therefore, performed Tayammum and led my companions in the dawn prayer. They mentioned that to the Messenger of Allah, He said: 'Amr, you led your companions in prayer, while you were sexually defiled? I informed him of the cause which impeded me from taking a bath. And I said: I heard Allah say: "Do not kill yourself, verily Allah is merciful to you." The Messenger of Allah laughed and did not say anything. [Sunan Abu Dawood, Vol. 1, #334]

11. The laugh at the case of an unyielding hapless chap ...

A man broke his fast (intentionally) during Ramadan. The Messenger of Allah commanded him to emancipate a slave or fast for two months, or feed sixty poor men. He said: I cannot provide. The Apostle said: Sit down. Thereafter, a huge basket of dates was brought to the Messenger of Allah. He said: Take this and give it as sadaqah. He said: O Messenger of Allah, there is no one poorer than I. The Messenger of Allah thereupon laughed so that his canine teeth became visible and said: Eat it yourself. [Sunan Abu Dawood, Vol. 2, #2386]

12. A Dolly conversation and a hearty laugh!...

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: When the Apostle of Allah arrived after the expedition to Tabuk or Khaybar (the narrator is doubtful), the draught raised an end of a curtain which was hung in front of her store-room, revealing some dolls which belonged to her.

He asked: What is this? She replied: My dolls. Among them he saw a horse with wings made of rags, and asked: What is this I see among them? She replied: A horse. He asked: What is this that it has on it? She replied: Two wings. He asked: A horse with two wings? She replied: Have you not heard that Solomon had horses with wings? She said: Thereupon the Apostle of Allah laughed so heartily that I could see his molar teeth. [Sunan Abu Dawood, Vol. 3, #4914]

13. A drunken tale ...

Ibn Abbas said: The Prophet did not prescribe any punishment for drinking wine. Ibn Abbas said: A man who had drunk wine and become intoxicated was found staggering on the road, so he was taken to the Prophet . When he was opposite Al-Abbas' house, he escaped, and going in to Al-Abbas, he grasped hold of him. When that was mentioned to the Prophet , he laughed and said: Did he do that? and he gave no command regarding him. [Sunan Abu Dawood, Vol. 3, #4461]

14. A pillow talk...

Adi bin Hatim said: When the verse 'Until the white thread of dawn appear to you distinct from its black thread' was revealed, I took a white rope and a black rope, and placed them beneath my pillow; and then I looked at them, but they were not clear to my. So I mentioned it to the Apostle of Allah. He laughed and said: Your pillow is so broad and lengthy; that (what is being referred to) is blackness of night and whiteness of day." [Sunan Abu Dawood, Vol. 2, #2342]

15. Troublesome thoughts?

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: AbuZumayl said: I asked Ibn Abbas, saying: What is that I find in my breast? He asked: What is it? I replied: I swear by Allah, I cannot speak about it. He asked me: Is it something doubtful? and he laughed. He then said: No one could escape that, until Allah, the exalted, revealed: "If thou went in doubt as to what we have revealed unto thee, and ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee." He said: If you find something in your heart, say: He is the first and the Last, the Evident and the Immanent, and He has full knowledge of all things. [Sunan Abu Dawood, Vol. 3, #5091]

16. A joyous dream....

Prophet's dream of a sea voyage and a women's request Anas bin Malik said: Umm Haram, daughter of Milhan, sister of Umm Sulaim, narrated to me that the Apostle of Allah took a midday nap with them. He then awoke laughing. She said: I asked: O the Messenger of Allah , what made you laugh? He replied: I saw some people who were sailing in the midst of the sea like kings on thrones. She said: I said: O the Messenger of Allah, beseech Allah that He may put me among them. He replied: You will be among them. She said: He then slep and awoke laughing. She said: I asked: O the Messenger of Allah, what made you laugh? He replied as he said in the first reply. She said: I said: the Messenger of Allah, beseech Allah that He may put me amongst them. He replied: You will be among the first. Then Ubadah b. al-Samit married her and sailed on the sea on an expedition, and took her with him. When he returned, a riding animal was brought near her to ride, but it threw her down. He neck was broken and she died. [Sunan Abu Dawood, Vol. 2, #2484]

17. Sneaking up on little Anas as a party spoiler...

Anas said: The Apostle of Allah was one of the best men in character. One day he sent me to do something, and I said: I swear by Allah that I will not go. But in my heart I felt that I should go to do what the the Messenger of Allah had commanded me; so I went out and came upon boys whe were playing in the street. All of a sudden the Messenger of Allah, who had come from behind, caught me by the back of the neck, and when I looked at him he was laughing. He said: Go where I ordered you, little Anas. I replied: Yes, I am going, the Messenger of Allah! Anas said: I swear by Allah, I served him for seven or nine years, and he never said to me about a thing which I had done: why did you do such and such? nor about a thing which I left: why did you not do such and such? [Sunan Abu Dawood, Vol. 3, #4755]

#9 Jineen

Boulder

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:54 PM

Jazzak Allah kheir sister.

#10 Jineen

Boulder

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:52 PM

“One of his companions was Zahir, who used to trade in metal objects. Once the Prophet was passing by the bazaar, he saw Zahir and playfully grabbed him from behind and said, “Will anyone buy this slave?” Zahir laughed and said, “O Messenger of Allah, whoever buys this slave will be in loss.” The Prophet smiled and said, “In Allah’s eyes, your value is high.”

#11 Jineen

Boulder

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:28 PM

Once, an old woman came up to him and asked for paradise. He said, “Old women do not enter the paradise.” The woman started crying. As she started leaving the room, the Prophet, showing his subtle sense of humor, stopped her and said, “Old women will become young before entering the heaven.” (Tirmadhi

#12 Salaam

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,902 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:32 PM

View Posthijab_girl, on Jul 23 2009, 12:28 PM, said:

Once, an old woman came up to him and asked for paradise. He said, "Old women do not enter the paradise." The woman started crying. As she started leaving the room, the Prophet, showing his subtle sense of humor, stopped her and said, "Old women will become young before entering the heaven." (Tirmadhi

HAHAHAAA that was beatifu, as a brother once said muhammad SAW was best at whatever he intended to do something, even when it came to humour he proved himself the best in here aswell

Edited by Salaam, 24 July 2009 - 04:33 PM.

#13 Jineen

Boulder

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:53 AM

View Posthijab_girl, on Jul 23 2009, 12:28 PM, said:

HAHAHAAA that was beatifu, as a brother once said muhammad SAW was best at whatever he intended to do something, even when it came to humour he proved himself the best in here aswell

Jazzak Allah khier! Subhan Allah this one in Particular was amazing to read about our Prophet (saw)

#14 Jineen

Boulder

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:35 PM

Asalamo alakom

This hadith was from one of the sisters in the forum! Jazzak Allah khier sister, May inshalla you get the thwabb of every person that reads this hadith!

Suhayb (RA) narrated that the Prophet (pbuh) was once sitting with his companions when he smiled. He then asked them, "Wouldn't you ask me why I smile?". They said, "What makes you smile, O Allah's Messenger?". He (pbuh) replied:

" I am amazed at a believer's situation! His situation is always good:If something occurs to him that he likes, he praises Allah (swt), and this is good for him. And if something occurs to him that he dislikes, and he perseveres, it is good for him. No person's situation is always good- except a believer".

#15 Guest_Rajiyat Al Firdaws_*

• Guests

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:43 PM

View Posthijab_girl, on Jul 22 2009, 06:52 PM, said:

"One of his companions was Zahir, who used to trade in metal objects. Once the Prophet was passing by the bazaar, he saw Zahir and playfully grabbed him from behind and said, "Will anyone buy this slave?" Zahir laughed and said, "O Messenger of Allah, whoever buys this slave will be in loss." The Prophet smiled and said, "In Allah's eyes, your value is high."

aww this is beautiful :) subhanaAllah

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.