Let us all post Virtues of the Qur'an

36 replies to this topic

#1 the_truth

Stone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:48 PM

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, this thread is dedicated for all of us to post various virtues of the Qur'an. Please provide referances with the virtues.

The first is this:

How to recite a thousand verses from the Qur'an in just 30 seconds

The Prophet said, ‘Whoever recited one thousand verses in one night would meet Allah with a smile on his face’. Someone said, ‘O Apostle, who can recite a thousand verses?’. The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) then recited Surah at Takathur (Al haakamuthakaathur) and then said, ‘By He in Whose hand my soul is, it is equal to a thousand verses’

[Al Khatib in Al Muttafaq wal Muftaraq & Dailami in Fath al Qadir 5/487]

#2 Salaam

Official Rebel Leader of BoB

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,692 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:27 PM

Subhanallah

The beauty of the words of muhammad SAW are second only to allah. The way he delievered his speach was amazing.

Jazakallahukhair for sharing

#3 Guest_Rajiyat Al Firdaws_*

• Guests

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:45 AM

Al-Bukhari reported in his Sahih that Abu Said Al-Khudri, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) told the companions: "Are you not able to read a third of the Qur'an in one night? They found this very difficult and replied that nobody amongst us can do so. Then the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "Allah, The One, the Self sufficient "Surah Qul Huwa Allahu Ahad equals a third of the Qur'an."

Muslim also reported that Abu Al Darda narrated: "Say, He is Allah, The One, (Surah 112) equals a third of the Qur'an." reported by Al-Thirmidhi, and Al- Albani classified it as an authentic Hadith.

#4 Salaam

Official Rebel Leader of BoB

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,692 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:34 AM

http://www.7cgen.com...showtopic=33405

#5 ~muslimah~

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,547 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:46 PM

walaikumassalaam warahamtullahi wabarakatuh. excellent thread. jazakAllah khaiyr for starting it.

View Post~Sanah~, on Sep 14 2009, 12:35 AM, said:

Prophet :saws: said

"One who is fluent in the recitation of the Qur'an will be in the company of the honourable and obedient angels
and
the one who recites the Qur'an and finds it difficult to recite, doing his best to recite it in the best way possible, will have a double reward.''

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

#6 hardcore

Stone

• Sisters
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:00 PM

walaikumassalam warahmatullahi wabarakatahu!jazakallah!

Bukhari :: Book 6 :: Volume 61 :: Hadith 528
Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Mu'alla:

While I was praying, the Prophet called me but I did not respond to his call. Later I said, "O Allah's Apostle! I was praying." He said, "Didn't Allah say: 'O you who believe! Give your response to Allah (by obeying Him) and to His Apostle when he calls you'?" (8.24)

He then said, "Shall I not teach you the most superior Surah in the Qur'an?" He said, '(It is),

'Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds. ' (i.e., Surat Al-Fatiha) which consists of seven repeatedly recited Verses and the Magnificent Qur'an which was given to me."

#7 reen7up

Pebble

• Sisters
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:02 AM

Al-Dhariyat (The Scattering Winds) Sura 51: Verse 21

"And in yourselves too: can you not see?"

Man is indeed the greatest wonder, or miracle on earth, although he is often oblivious to his own real status and to the secret wonders in his own constitution. He is a great wonder in his outer and inner self; his body and soul. When man begins to think about himself, he always finds some great wonder to contemplate.

Every human being is a world of its own; a mirror reflecting the whole universe in a special and unique image that is not repeated at any moment in history. There is no parallel for any one person in the entire human race, whether in shape, features, mind, faculties, spirit, feelings or even in the way the universe is reflected in that person's mind. In this divine museum that includes millions of millions of individuals, each one is a unique sample that can never be repeated in the same way as fingerprints are unrepeated throughout human history.

Furthermore, we gain much pleasure from looking carefully at people's faces, features, movements and habits, provided that such a look is cast through the eyes of one who acknowledges his position as a servant of God, taking a round in an exhibition of the greatest Creator's work. How about one who spends a lifetime in such pleasant exercise? With a pointer like this, the Quran creates man anew, giving him a new faculty of perception, a new pleasant life and an enjoyment that is unparalleled by anything on earth.

It is this level of reflection and contemplation that the Quran wants us to achieve. Faith is what gives our hearts such a treasure and opens for us this superior enjoyment while we are still on earth.

Compiled From:
"In the Shade of the Quran" - Sayyid Qutb, Vol 16, pp. 154-156

#8 Islam_OurWayOfLife

Rock

• Sister Mod
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:57 AM

SubhanAllah.

#9 mariya

Pebble

• Sisters
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:52 PM

SUBHANALLAH..:)

#10 mariya

Pebble

• Sisters
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:58 PM

PROPHET OF ALLAH(SAW) said "protect yourself from the fire of hell even if it be by spending half a date as charity and the one who does not possesses even that should aleast speak nicely(hadith of MUSLIM)

#11 ~muslimah~

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,547 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:35 PM

^jazakillah khaiyr for that hadith buddy. inshaAllah we'll post the virtues of readin Qu'ran in this thread

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever reads the Qur’aan and learns it and acts upon it will be given a crown of light to wear on the Day of Resurrection, the light of which is like the light of the sun, and his parents will be clothed with two suits the equivalent of which is not to be found in this world
, and they will say: Why have we been clothed with this? And it will be said: Because your son learned the Qur’aan.” (Narrated by Hakim)

#12 Guest_ghazala_*

• Guests

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:28 AM

SURAT AN-NAS [THE MANKIND]
In the name of ALLAH the most beneficent,the most merciful
1)say:"I seek refuge with ALLAH the lord of mankind,

2)"the king of mankind,

this statement of ALLAH = narrated abu huraira (r.a):the prophet :saws: said on the day of ressurrection ALLAH will grasp the whole planet of earth(by his hand) and shell roll up heaven with his right hand and say,'im the kind. where are the kings of the earth?"(sahih al-bukhari,vol.9,hadit no:479).

3)"the ILAH(god) of mankind,

4)"from the evil of the whisperer (devil who whispers evil in the hearts of men)who withdraws(from the whispering in one's heart after one remembers ALLAH),

narrated abu huraira (r.a):the prophet :saws: said,"the hell fire is surrounded by all kinds of desires and passion,where as paradise is surrounded by all kinds of dislike and undesirable things (shahi bukhari,vol.8, hadit no:494)

5)"who whispers in the breasts of mankind,

6)"of jinns and men".

Edited by ghazala, 22 March 2010 - 02:30 AM.

#13 -Abu Yusuf-

Formerly Mosa

• Brothers
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:59 AM

40 Hadiths on ALL Clarifying Qur'an by Mulla Ali Qari Rahimahullah

1 - The best of you is the one who studies the Qur’an and teaches it

It has been reported on the authority of ‘Uthman ibn Affan [ra] that the Prophet said, ‘The best of you is the
one who learns the Qur’an and teaches it.’ 1]

2 - Whoever reads one letter has ten rewards

It has been reported on the authority of ‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ud [ra] that the Messenger of Allah , ‘Whoever
reads a letter of the Qur’an will have ten rewards and I do not say that ‘Alif Lam Mim is one letter but rather that
‘Alif is a letter Lam is a letter and Mim is a letter.’ 2

3 - Surely Allah raises a people by this book and lowers others by it

It has been reported on the authority of ‘Amir ibn Wathila [ra] that Nafi’ ibn al-Harith [ra] met ‘Umar [ra] at
Usfan. ‘Umar had appointed him as a governor of Makkah. ‘Who have you left to deputise for you over the
people of the valley [Makkah]?’ said ‘Umar. Ibn Abza; he said. ‘And who is ibn Abza?’ he said. ‘One of our freed
slaves; he said. ‘You left a freed slave as your representative?’ he said. ‘He is a reader of Qur’an and knowledgeable
about inheritance; he said. ‘Umar said, ‘Verily your Messenger , said, ‘Surely Allah raises a people by this book
and lowers others.’ 3

4 - The one who occupies himself reading Qur’an rather than supplicating is given more than the one who supplicates

It has been reported on the authority of Abu Sa’id, [ra], that the Messenger of Allah said, ‘The Lord, Mighty
and Majestic, says, ‘whoever is occupied with the Qur’an and My remembrance rather than supplicating Me, I
give him better than that which is given to the supplicants. The superiority of My Speech over all other speech is
like the superiority of Allah over His creation.’ 4

5 - The similitude of the believer and the hypocrite and the one who reads the Qur’an and the one who does not

It has been reported on the authority of Anas and Abu Musa al-Ash’ari [ra], that the Messenger , said ‘The
believer who reads the Qur’an is like a citron, its smell is sweet and its taste is good. The believer who does not
read the Qur’an is like a date, it has no smell but its taste is sweet. The hypocrite who reads the Qur’an is like basil, its smell is sweet but its taste is bitter. The hypocrite who does not read the Qur’an is like colocynth, it has
no smell and its taste is bitter.’

And in another narration, the wording is ‘evil doer’ [fajir] instead of hypocrite’. 5

1 Related by Ahmed
2 Related by al-Tirmidhi
3 Related by Muslim and Ibn Majah
4 Related by al-Tirmidhi who said it has a good chain of narrators, although singular in transmission
5 Related by Ahmed, al-Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawud and al-Tirmidhi

#14 -Abu Yusuf-

Formerly Mosa

• Brothers
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:29 PM

40 Hadiths on ALL Clarifying Qur'an by Mulla Ali Qari Rahimahullah

6 - The similitude of the believer and the evildoer and good company and bad company

It has been reported on the authority of Qatidha from Anis [ra], that the Messenger of Allah said, ‘The
believer who reads the Qur’an is like a citron, its smell is sweet and its taste is good. The believer who does not
read the Qur’an is like a date, it has no smell but its taste is sweet. The evil doer who reads the Qur’an is like basil,
its smell is sweet but its taste is bitter. The hypocrite who does not read the Qur’an is like colocynth, it has no
smell and its taste is bitter.’ A good companion is like a perfume seller, if you do not get anything from him you
will at least experience his pleasant scent. A bad companion is like one who works in a foundry; if you are not
covered in soot you will be affected by his smoke.’ 6

7 - The one who excels in reading and the one who stutters

It has been reported on the authority of ‘Aishah [ra], that the Messenger of Allah said, ‘The expert reader will
be among the noble scribes of the angels and the one who stutters and for whom it is difficult will have double
the reward.’
In another narration it states ‘the one who when he reads it and finds it difficult.’ 7

8 - Taqwa1 of Allah is the crux of the matter and the Qur’an is the light

It has been reported on the authority of Abu Dharr [ra] who said, ‘I said, ‘O Messenger of Allah , advise me.’
He said, ‘Have taqwa of Allah, for surely it is the crux of the whole matter.’ ‘Give me more,’ I said. He said,
‘Recite the Qur’an for it will be light for you on the earth and a treasure for you in the Heavens.’ 8

Ibn Dharis and Abu Ya’la also narrated it with the following wording on the authority of Abu Sa’id al-Khudhri
[ra] who said, a man came to the Prophet and said, ‘O Messenger of Allah , advise me.’ He said, ‘Have taqwa
of Allah for it gathers up all good.’ And, ‘Remember Allah, read the Qur’an and make Jihad for it is the
monasticism of the Muslims and it is your light on earth and it will lead you to be mentioned in the Heavens.
And limit your tongue to only saying good, by doing that you will overcome shaytan.’

6 Related by Abu Dawud
7 Related by al-Bukhari, Muslim and others
8 Related by Ibn Hibban in a long hadith. He considered it to be sahih, authentic

#15 hardcore

Stone

• Sisters
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

Jazakallah-ul-khair!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.