Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
RESULTS ANNOUNCED (TRIVIA) - 7th Century Generation

RESULTS ANNOUNCED (TRIVIA)

112 replies to this topic

#1 -muslima~

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

Masha'Allah to both teams. Remember, in the eyes of Allah SWT everyone won ;)

But well done to the brothers!

---------

ADMIN EDIT OF THIS POST (we know you wont mind sister :D)

Please see below for the list of questions asked in the trivia and the "jzk speech" of the brothers...

Edited by fazza, 13 March 2010 - 04:29 PM.

#2 Salaam

Official Rebel Leader of BoB

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

WE WON

Posted Image

#3 Guest_Umm 'Amarah_*

• Guests

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:11 PM

^ here we go...lol

Congratulations once again to the brothers.

#4 Islam_OurWayOfLife

Rock

• Sister Mod
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:12 PM

Congrats to both teams. MashaAllah awesome effort.
InshaAllah we all left with gaining atleast one knew piece of knowledge from it.

Special congrats to the winning team and may Allah swt reward the admins greatly for their time and efforts, ameen.

Oh, and and I would've suggested that mohannad gets banned from the forum for atleast one week for his constant spamming, but his recitation saved him (mashaAllah).

Edited by Islam_OurWayOfLife, 13 March 2010 - 04:13 PM.

#5 guest_1584

Formerly "cyber_self"

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

Congrats.

Edited by cyber_self, 13 March 2010 - 04:17 PM.

#6 Guest_Rajiyat Al Firdaws_*

• Guests

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:17 PM

lol mashallah, congrats and jazakAllahukhairan to all the attendees!

#7 Sadia.

Juman-jee

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:18 PM

CONGRATULATIONS TO MEEE!

(come on guys, join in! I lost! What a great accomplishment! :()

#8 Muharrir

Liberator

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:19 PM

Salaams,

fal yatanaafasil mutanaafisoon inshaAllah the essence of this ayah transpired in whatever degree during tonights trivia challenge

sure there are ways to better the organisation and for such future endeavours we will take any privately communicated feedback into consideration bi idhnillahi ta'ala

sadia sanah youcef fazz plus organiser sister rajiyat may Allah swt reward u for your efforts thankyou for a wonderful get together

everyone else likewise for your attendance and support what is it without the ppl? the ppl are everything!

forgive me for any wrong I may have done, inshaAllah we will have a more lively organiser next time

wasalaams,

Muharrir

#9 Muharrir

Liberator

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:21 PM

Answers to all the questions

LEVEL 1
Easy

1- What is the name of the man who attempted to destroy the kab'a? abraha

2- Who's house did the muslimeen meet at during the secret stage of the Prophets (saws) dawah? al arqam

3- This well known muhaddith was born blind however his eyesight was restored by the du'a of his mother, who is he? imam bukhari

4- Which imam is known for the famous quote "with the inkwell to the grave"? imam ahmad

5- Who amongst the Mothers of the Believers was nicknamed "Umm ul-Masakeen" (Mother of the Poor)? zaineb bint khuzaimah ra

6- Who was called "Tahirah" (Pure) among the Mothers of the Believers (ra)? khadija ra

7- In which battle was the Prophet's (phub) uncle Hamzah (ra) killed? uhud

8- What major event took place in the 2nd Hijrah year in the month of Ramadan? battle of badr

9- What is the name of the angel who writes down what we do? Kiraman katibah

10- How many hours are we given to repent for a sin before its written down? 6 hours

LEVEL 2
medium questions:

1. what were the three major things that happened to the prophet muhammad saw in his year of sadness? death of khadijah (r.a), abu talib and was stoned by ppl of ta'if
2. what was the last complete surah to be revealed in teh qur'an? surah 110 an nasr
3. what is the name of the mountain on which the ark of prophet nuh a.s came to rest after the flood? mount judi
4. about which companion of his did the prophet muhammad saw say 'his name shall be called from all the gates of paradise and he shall be the first one of my ppl to enter it?' abu bakr r.a
5. what is the name of the boundary lines which marks the haram of makkah? miqaat
6. what is the name given to the act of throwing stones at the three columns which symbolise the shaytan in mina (during hajj)? rami
7. the prophet muhammad saw said that angels do not enter a house in which there are two things. what are they? dogs and pictures of human beings ('pictures' as an answer shall not suffice)
8. which surah of the qur'an caused the conversion of umar ibn al khattab when he heard only the first few ayat of it? surah taha
9. what is the name of the semi circular wall that runs from the north to the west corner of the ka'bah without being connected to it? al hatim
10. what are the four sacred months in the islamic calender and what is prohibited in these months? fighting is prohibited muharram rajab dhul qi'da dhul hijjah

LEVEL 3 medium
11. where did adam as and hawwa as meet on earth after they had been banished from heaven? jabal ar rahmah (in arafah)
12. what was the name of the king with a helmet of two horns who imprisoned the evil tribes of ya'juj and ma'juj? dhul qarnain
13. what are the four corners of the ka'bah called? rukn: al aswad, al yamani, al iraqi, ash shami
14. which three things continue to accumulate reward for a person even after their death? charity that keeps benefetting the recipient, knowledge that continues to benefit and prayer that salih child made for his parents
15. what are the names of the children of nuh a.s? ham sham yam
16. what is the name of the cotton and silk brocade cover of teh ka'bah? kiswah
17. who was the most prolific narrator of hadith? abu hurairah
18. which shafi'i scholar was famous for having written so many books that people had begun to fabricate books in his name? imam jalaludeen aS-Suyuti
19. kiyamah as-sa'adah is the arabic title for one of the greatest works of which shafi'i scholar? imam ghazzali
20. what is the title called in english? the alchemy of happiness
LEVEL 4 medium

21. uqba ibn nafi', famous for the conquest of tunisia, was the nephew of which sahabi? amr ibn al 'aas (r.a)
22. which famous muslim commander hailed from the tribe which once sent its children to pelt the prohpet saw with stones? muhammad bin qasim r.h
23. which two animals mentioned in teh quran did prophet sulaiman as speak to? ants and the hoopoe bird
24. which surah of the qur'an are they mentioned in? surah 27
25. in which surah of the quran does is explicitly state that iblees is a jinn? (bonus points for stating the exact ayah/phrase from the ayah)? surah kahf, verse 50 'illa iblees kaana minal jinni...'
26. what are the names of the six authentic hadith books? bukhari muslim sunan nasai sunan abu dawud tirmidhi muwatta of imam malik
27. what is the name of the first mosque? masjid al quba
28. in which surah and ayah of the qur'an does it state that hajj has been made obligatory for all those that can afford it? surah imran ayah 97
29. which two prophets are mentioned only twice in the qur'an by name? ilyas and al yasa a.s

Level 5 Final round (Hard)

2- Through who did khadija r.a broach the topic of marriage to the prophet s.a.w? through her friend nafeesa

3- When Umm Khallad r.a went veiled in search of her son after his martyrdom she was informed that her son had received the reward of two martyrs, why is that so? Because he was killed by ahlul kitab

4- What is the name of the mount on which the prophet s.a.w procalimed his message openly? mount safa

5- Which verse of the Quran overpowered the people of quraysh, so much so that they fell into prostration upon hearing it? surat al najm 62

6- The beast who will emerge towards the end of times will posess two items, what are they? the rod of moses and the ring of solomon

7- How long will al mahdi's reign last? 8 years

8- Explain the reason of revelation for the first 3 verses of surat al duha.

9- What was the statement of umar bin al khattab r.a to the prophet s.a.w that ended the secret dawah? :are we not on the truth dead or alive?"

10- Which act does shaytan love most, to the extent that he seats the shaytan responsible for the act next to his throne and hugs him? divorce
-----------

e11- What is holier than the ka'bah? the muslim's sancity

12- what does one say to his muslim brother/sister whom he sees laughing? ad-haka Allahu sinnak
bonus question: name the 25 prophets mentioned in the qur'an (whoever gets more wins this point which is worth 3, the losing team for this question gets nothing)

#10 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:25 PM

Other thread closed.

This is the results thread.

So the brothers were able to pip the sisters ... such was the will of allah ta'ala.

Alhamdulillah

On behalf of the brothers' team:

1) massive jzk to our dear and respected sisters for the fantastic competition, it was excellent. ESP to sisters sadia, may (who couldnt be there) and her more than capable replacement sis sanah!

2) HUGE JZK to br muharrir and sis raj - they have been amazing in organising this, really they have (if only the rest of you knew what happens behind the scenes! :))

3) Huge jzk also to sis mumina and br hamzah - the moderating team.

4) well done to all the brothers who took part in the trivia challenge on the brothers side and likewise the sisters side.

5) to the great sense of activity at the forum in the lead up to the comp - jzk to all members.

May allah reward everyone who took part. What a great endeavour this was and alhamdulillah i learnt many new islamic facts through the process and it reminded me - again - of my sheer ignorance regarding my own deen.

may we be of those who strive to gain knowledge to please allah. Remember the intention here wasnt to win comps - there MUST be something deeper in all of this, and i pray many of us got a chance to reflect on that :)

Wassalam

#11 Abu Muhammad

Where to?

• Brother Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

So the brothers were able to pip the sisters ... such was the will of allah ta'ala.

Alhamdulillah

On behalf of the brothers' team:

1) massive jzk to our dear and respected sisters for the fantastic competition, it was excellent.

2) HUGE JZK to br muharrir and sis raj - they have been amazing in organising this, really they have (if only the rest of you knew what happens behind the scenes! smile.gif)

3) Huge jzk also to sis mumina and br hamzah - the moderating team.

4) well done to all the brothers who took part in the trivia challenge on the brothers side and likewise the sisters side.

5) to the great sense of activity at the forum in the lead up to the comp - jzk to all members.

May allah reward everyone who took part. What a great endeavour this was and alhamdulillah i learnt many new islamic facts through the process and it reminded me - again - of my sheer ignorance regarding my own deen.

may we be of those who strive to gain knowledge to please allah. Remember the intention here wasnt to win comps - there MUST be something deeper in all of this, and i pray many of us got a chance to reflect on that smile.gif

Wassalam

x2

#12 Sadia.

Juman-jee

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:32 PM

Someone ban Salaam. Or I'm gona blow him back to bangladesh soon.

The organisation wasn't that bad (okay it was a tad bit sloppy but it was fun) :D I know I complained (i'm sorry) but i don't mean it. I appologise from the bottomest bottom of my liver.

#13 Salaam

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:40 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Salaam, 13 March 2010 - 04:40 PM.

#14 Salaam

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:41 PM

it begins with this and it ends with this:

Posted Image

#15 ~muslimah~

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,547 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:45 PM

assalaam'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

MASSIVE jazakumAllah khaiyr to brother Muharrir (for ALL his patience) and to dear sis Raj.

bro Fazza and youcef, you both deserve it wallahi :). you both are an inspiration to us mashaAllah. may Allah SWT be pleased with you for all the knowledge you have gained for His Sake and may He give blessing in it, aameen.

sis sadia, congrats to both of us! =D

may Allah be pleased with all those who attended it with the niyyah of seeking 'ilm for His Sake and may He forgive us if we went wrong any where, aameen

wassalaam'alaikum

Edited by ~Sanah~, 13 March 2010 - 04:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.