Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
Forumite of the Month - 7th Century Generation

Forumite of the Month

37 replies to this topic

#1 Muharrir

Liberator

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:51 PM

Forumite of the Month

Posted Image

March 2010

Interview with Br. Salaam!

Posted Image

Congratulations on behalf of the Admin Team upon being chosen as Forumite of the Month for March 2010

:salam: and :jazak: to the admins and mods for picking me and thinking i deserved it

I knew i won it :cool:

Just kidding

So why did you join the 7th Century Generation Forum ?

When i was in college alhijr was using 7cgen and i asked him what is that, he replied its a islamic forum and i should join its very good, that day the new naruto episode came out so i decided to watch that instead and told him just give me the name of the forum i'll join it later, after that both of us forgot and a year later when we were in university i saw him using it again and i decided to join, my intention wasnt to stay just to check it out but on that day i realised when alhijr said its good it really was good.

Your threads in the Islamic Disciplines section, their consistency, etc is alhamdilillah very beneficial, to say the very least. What is your motivation to contribute ?

:roll2: i think you got me mixed up with someone else i only posted 3 threads or something this year not so active, but islamic section is on of my favourite places in the forum i love going their, you can find and learn about a lot of hadith their.

Have you made new freinds/met new people in real-life, as a result of being on the forum ?

Subhanallah i have made a few friends, starting with here in UK, i went to a few link ups were i met a few brothers their, unknown aljabr respecta monz and a few otehr brothers, but i think i came to know unknown the best as i met up with him the most.

My brothers and friends from australia, well just because i havent seen them doesnt mean i dont consider them my friends, starting from bro fazza, muharir, izaki alsiddik saracensoldier and a few others, my frindship with them is a unique one. Also, mohanned and youcef from downunder!

Infact its just like the friendship of salauddin ayubi and richard, where neither of them never saw eachother and only contacted each other through letters or messengers, in our case we have the forum and email, and the other difference is richard was a nonmuslim our case were all muslim.

What is about 7cgen that ensures your sustained activity ?

Alot of things, starting with good threads, which you can learn alot from, and can participate in aswell, the bros section the place to be for fun and the brotherhood is one of the best in their, and get the latest news on things aswell.

Which year was the best at 7cgen? Why?

Tough question, ive been here 3 years and it went so fast i cant remember what happend in each year, with a quick scan 2009 possibly, I think thats when we starting to get into more of the advance and serious stuff, like bidah, different sectors in islam, a few debates with the christain guy who came, and i think more people started to learn about fiqh and aqeeda and other things. Before that it was mostly the normal topics like dajjal, feminism at one point, stories of muhammad SAW sahabas, music and a few other areas, now we have all those things plus the ones i mentioned above.

But i think 2010 has made a great start and i ahve a feeling inshallah it will be better then last 3 years.

Which section of the Forum are you most fond of? Why ?

Open mic and band of brothers, open mic thats were you get all the main topics, and band of brothers as i said the crazy place for fun.

Do you intend to stay at the 7th Century community in future ?

Inshallah yes although i never intended to but that was a big twist, inshallah as a long as possible.

Can you tell us something about the Da'wah in East London?

The dawah in East london is fantastic, we have a lot of young brothers and even elderly people who give dawah to people, sadly at the moment its mostly to muslims who are on the wrong path but their are people who give it to nonmuslims, we have open days in east london were nonmuslims can come and they get a tour in the mosque and they learn about islam, and in the end they get a QandA about islam, we also have a lot of islamic circles were we get lectures, theirs a organization called tayyibun who have made a big impact, they give a lot of lectures on different topics, like hadith, fiqh teaching people how to speak arabic and alot more. But their is a big weakness, in EL we have a lot of groups and sadly they dont get along with each other so they have a lot of arguments with eachother, and sometimes end up going to people and start saying bad things about eachother, so inshallah may allah fix this problem and unite them.

In the various online Islamic discussion boards, as in real life, truth is established by dialogue. The 7th Century Forum aims to provide such a platform whereby intellectual discourse and dialogue may ensue. Do you believe the Forum is achieving its purpose and if not, would you kindly provide a few pointers of rectification ?

I think 7cgen is delievering its message well, its a great place for people to come and learn about islam.

But one little problem i always feel it had was its lacking a scholar, as sometimes when we get into debates we usually get into some minor arguments, and if we were to have a schoalr we wouldve got a proper answer to the question or argument. Also sometimes were all a bit unsure on things so by ahving a scholar in the forum we couldve just simply asked him and get a proper answer.

So thats my thought, others may feel its better not to have one. :agree:

p.s give us some general commentary for how u felt 2009 went on the 7cgen forum?

Well as i said above i think it was the best year and the reasons why, because we were introduced to new topics on islam, started to get into more serious topics, although 2009 was only the start, this year we really started to have proper talks and discussions on this and im sure people have gotten a better understanding on a lot of things. And inshallah it gets better.

PS i know theirs a lot of spelling errors, just ignore them :cool:

Last thing i wanna say is:

Posted Image

:salam:

#2 Mu'mina

la ilaha illa Allah <3

• Sister Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:02 AM

Al Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmat Allah Wa Barakatu,

Mabrook akhi! Keep up the good posts. Barak Allahu feek!

May Allah swt reward you and all those who contribute to this forum with the best of His rewards. Ameen. :)

Fi Amanillah

Wa Alaykum Al Salam Wa Rahmat Allah Wa Barakatu

#3 Guest_Rajiyat Al Firdaws_*

• Guests

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:02 AM

Mashallah brother Salaam, mabrook and keep up the consistent contribution. BarakAllahufeek

#4 Abu Khattab Al-Sha'er

~Sab'a Sita Ethnain~

• 5I5t3R 5PY CRU y0!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts
  • Interests:AL-HAQQ

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:07 AM

LOL!!!!! Mabrooooooookkkk!!!! Times one million lol... Good on ya akhi ;)

#5 islam_mydeen

Formerly "born n die - alone"

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts
  • Interests:making you smile =)

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:09 AM

Mabrook bro.. May Allah reward you for your efforts Insha'Allah ;)

#6 Naveen

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:10 AM

Mashallah.. (: Good job akhi. Well deserved.

#7 *Prisoner650*

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,053 posts
  • Interests:Thinking of new and innovative ways to make my darling ROOHIYA happy :melt:

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:42 AM

MashAllah... Well done!! :D and a great interview too!

#8 Islam_OurWayOfLife

Rock

• Sister Mod
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

The interview couldve done without the last pic...reminds me too much of the quiz.
Mabrook brother. Keep up the good posts inshaAllah.

#9 Muharrir

Liberator

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

^no way. that is his resident pic

funniest interview in fotm history

the friendship of saladin and richard lionheart lol

#10 respecta

Comet

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:56 PM

aww i was mentioned :D

#11 -Abu Yusuf-

Formerly Mosa

• Brothers
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

MashA Allah :)

:jazak: for your contribution brother

#12 Ibn As-Sabil

Traveller Of This World

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,094 posts
  • Interests:watching paint dry

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

:lol: congratulations well deserved, keep up the contribution and lol at the trademark pic

#13 Salaam

Official Rebel Leader of BoB

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,913 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:28 PM

:cool:

jazakallahukhair everyone :agree:

cant leave out my 3 trademark posts: that smiley above saladin pic and spelling errors

#14 ~muslimah~

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,547 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:09 PM

lol @ question 2

mabrookations bro salaam. please keep posting. your posts are enlightening mashAllah. may Allah increase you in ilm and taqwah and grant you success in the aakhirah aameen

Edited by ~Sanah~, 04 April 2010 - 05:11 PM.

#15 Guest_ghazala_*

• Guests

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:11 PM

congratulations :) u deserve it keep going
inshaALLAh some day even i would like to get it..i mean fourmite of the month n will surly try my lvl best :)

Edited by ghazala, 04 April 2010 - 05:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.