Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
Random Quotes - 7th Century Generation

Random Quotes

227 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_UmmTaqwah_*

• Guests

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:25 PM

As'salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

I did not know where to put the quotes by various learned people and scholars, so inshaAllah going to put them up in this thread. May they have an impact on our souls and manifest themselves in our actions. Ameen.

Fi Amanillah
UmmT

Part from the days where you used to do as you wish
And restrain your soul when the decree of Allah is ordained
And don’t despair over the events of the past
Fore none of the events of the dunya were ever meant to remain
And be a man who is firm upon his affairs
And whose character is that of pardoning and nobility
And there is sadness or happiness that is continuous
Just as there is there is no comfort or pain
If you are a person who is satisfied with what he has
Then you and the owner of all possessions are equal
And upon he whose open valley death descends upon
Then there is no earth or sky to protect you from it
And the earth of Allah is vast but
When the ordainment of Allah descends even the open valley congests.

[Imam Shafi]

#2 Guest_UmmTaqwah_*

• Guests

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:42 PM

Ash-Shâfi‘î (rahimahullâh) said,
“Whoever spread gossip for you spreads gossip against you.
Whoever relates tales to you will tell tales about you.
Whoever when you please him says about you what is not in you,
when you anger him will say about you what is not in you.”

#3 Guest_UmmTaqwah_*

• Guests

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:45 PM

You possess a diamond called Islam.
Don’t hide it away -
share the light of it with others.
[Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki]

The eye of the heart, though closed in fallen man, is able to take in a glimmering of light and this is faith. But anway of living causes a covering like rust to accumulate over the heart so that it cannot sense the Divine origin of God’s message. [Martin Lings (Abu Bakr Sirajuddin) ]

#4 Guest_UmmTaqwah_*

• Guests

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:24 AM

MashaAllah this one is wonderful:

Never do I argue with a man with a desire to hear him say what is wrong, or to expose him and win victory over him. Whenever I face an opponent in debate I silently pray - O Lord, help him so that truth may flow from his heart and on his tongue, and so that if truth is on my side, he may follow me; and if truth be on his side, I may follow him. [Imam Al-Shafi’i]

#5 Mukhlisah

Musaafira

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,926 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:59 AM

very nice ummt :thumbsup:

everyone has gone quote mad!wev got loads in the sisters section too

#6 Guest_UmmTaqwah_*

• Guests

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:19 PM

As'salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa baraktuhu

Jazakillahu khairan mita :)

Imam Ghazali: The way to paradise is an uphill climb whereas hell is downhill. Hence, their is a struggle to get to paradise and not to hell. (minhaj-al-abidin)

The hypocrite looks for faults; the believer looks for excuses. [Abu Hamid al-Ghazali]

“Muslims cannot be defeated by others. We Muslims are not defeated by our enemies, but instead, we are defeated by our own selves.” [Sheikh Abdullah Azzam]

#7 AlSakinA

Formerly mister-respct

• Brothers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:05 PM

you are right sister myself is my foe , i can see that clearly now

astaghfurallah

#8 Ha$ina

Stone

• Sisters
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:17 PM

View PostUmmTaqwah, on Sep 19 2006, 08:19 PM, said:

As'salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa baraktuhu

Jazakillahu khairan mita :)

Imam Ghazali: The way to paradise is an uphill climb whereas hell is downhill. Hence, their is a struggle to get to paradise and not to hell. (minhaj-al-abidin)

The hypocrite looks for faults; the believer looks for excuses. [Abu Hamid al-Ghazali]

“Muslims cannot be defeated by others. We Muslims are not defeated by our enemies, but instead, we are defeated by our own selves.” [Sheikh Abdullah Azzam]

oh wow....dat is sooo tru!!!

#9 -tawakkul-

old skool

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts
  • Interests:family and friends!

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:42 PM

“Muslims cannot be defeated by others. We Muslims are not defeated by our enemies, but instead, we are defeated by our own selves.”[Sheikh Abdullah Azzam]

kewl thread sis! B) Btw, I loved this one best!^^^

#10 Guest_UmmTaqwah_*

• Guests

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:20 AM

Alhamdulillah. :)

"If you fail in your exams, there is always a next year. If you lose your spouse, there can be a second marriage, but if you die, there is no second chance. This life is only one opportunity."

Today every person is satisfied with his own opinion. (“The whole world is wrong but I am right!”) [Hazrat Maseehul-Ummat Ashraf Ali Thanvi]

It is useless to have a learned tongue but an ignorant heart. [Shaykh Abdal Qadir al Jilani]

#11 Anasűrimbor Moënghus

Anasűrimbor is just a title, call me Moënghus.

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:38 AM

View PostUmmTaqwah, on Sep 21 2006, 02:20 AM, said:

Alhamdulillah. :)

Today every person is satisfied with his own opinion. (“The whole world is wrong but I am right!”) [Hazrat Maseehul-Ummat Ashraf Ali Thanvi]

that is soooooooo true, unfortunately. everybody is convinced they are right, and all others are wrong, to the extent that muslims begin to call each other kuffar, when it is neither their place, nor their duty

#12 sis_AU

Formerly "mz_afnan"

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • Interests:~ CSI: Miami :) &lt;3<br />~ Little Mosque on the Prairie .. (funniest show ever!)<br />~ House

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:59 AM

one quote that i really like is the one from my sig
"If I am what you say I am, may God forgive me. If I am not what you say I am, may God forgive you."
i heard this at a conference by a sheikh (but i forgot his name) ..
and it's used in the context if someone says*** something bad about you... think about it... and read the statement...

(sorry i forgot to write "says" in the sentence above)

#13 Umm Hidayah_88

Boulder

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • Interests:&quot;Trust no-one... but Allah ta'ala.&quot;

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:52 AM

Wow this thread is wiked Alhamdulillah! Jazakallahkhair sis ummT! And sis Afnan!

#14 Guest_UmmTaqwah_*

• Guests

Posted 22 September 2006 - 12:32 AM

BarakaAllahu feequm. And you're right brother Yaseen, I think veryone thinks that (or most of us think we are right and everyone else is wrong, maybe both parties are right).

Jazakillahu khairan Mz A :) It reminds me of a saying where someone praises you and you are meant to reply....

"Oh Allah, do not call me to account for what they say and forgive me for what they have no knowledge of [and make me better than they imagine]."
(Al-Bukhari al-adab al-Mufrad)

Each of your breaths is a priceless jewel, since each of them is irreplaceable and, once gone, can never be retrieved. Do not be like the deceived fools who are joyous because each day their wealth increases while their life shortens. What good is an increase in wealth when life grows ever shorter? Therefore be joyous only for an increase in knowledge or in good works, for they are your two companions who will accompany you in your grave when your family, wealth, children and friends stay behind. [Imam Ghazali ]

Fi Amanillah

#15 -4 U 2 NV-

Stone

• Brothers
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:21 PM

Jzk Sis i liked all the quotes Mashallah all your posts we learn sumthing from em..

"If you fail in your exams, there is always a next year. If you lose your spouse, there can be a second marriage, but if you die, there is no second chance. This life is only one opportunity."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.