Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
Provisions for the Hereafter - 7th Century Generation - Page 2

Provisions for the Hereafter

66 replies to this topic

#16 TorqueWar Seeker

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:20 AM

Have the questions been PMd yet? I haven't received any.

#17 Mu'mina

la ilaha illa Allah <3

• Sister Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,743 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:31 AM

Bismillah

Al Salamu Alaykum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatu

For week 2 you will be required to read pages 29 - 46 of Zaad al Ma'ad.

Our starting date is May 6 and our deadline will be May 19th inshaAllah.

You will receive a set of questions related to the material you read during week 2 in your inbox on 19th of May bi idhnillah. You will have 3 days to answer the questions and send them back to the 7cgen administrator account.

#18 Rajiyat al Firdaws

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:55 PM

Assalamu alaikum

Barakallahufeeki sis mu'mina for your wonderful efforts and to everyone else for the excellent discussion!

Ok, so my question regarding the first installment of the reading is, how do deal with bad manners/traits in ourselves? Like, what are the practical solutions that would aid us in reforming and purifying our nafs?

I say 'practical' because i honestly see so much material on topics as such but they are almost never practical. They help in getting you to identify the need to change a trait, but rarely ever go through 'how'. And many books seem to suggest that simply knowing that the trait is a negative one would lead one to change. Perhaps this is the case for those with a strong sense of taqwa, but what of those who are continuously struggling?

Of course, the battle of the nafs is ongoing, but my question is, 'how' do we battle our nafs in the traits we 'know' we much change?

Would be interesting to see what you all have to say inshallah :)

Will also be doing my own research on this to see if i can find anything.

#19 Rajiyat al Firdaws

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

View PostMo3tasima, on 01 May 2011 - 01:03 AM, said:

Im wondering if the two duas mentioned "Wajahtu wajhi.... Allahumma ba3id bayni wa bayna khatayaaya..." (pg 23) and "Allahumma anta almaliku la ilaha illa anta" are read before takbirat alihram or after takbirat alihram. The book says 'He used to begin the prayer by supplicating.. '

i want to know this too inshallah, though two things:

1- its says, 'but this was recorded for the night prayers'
and
2- i think its after the takbirat al ihram because the dua 'subhanakallahuma wa bihumadika' is listed on there in the flowing sequence of adiya and we know that dua is said after the takbirat al ihram.

but allahu alam of course, that was just my thought

#20 TorqueWar Seeker

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:30 AM

I'm coming across some 'new' practices - ones that either I've not heard of before or have been advised not to follow. *Confused*

#21 Rajiyat al Firdaws

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:02 AM

Mention them in here inshallah. should be an interesting discussion ;p

#22 islam_mydeen

Formerly "born n die - alone"

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts
  • Interests:making you smile =)

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:14 AM

View PostRajiyat al Firdaws, on 08 May 2011 - 09:55 PM, said:

Assalamu alaikum

Barakallahufeeki sis mu'mina for your wonderful efforts and to everyone else for the excellent discussion!

Ok, so my question regarding the first installment of the reading is, how do deal with bad manners/traits in ourselves? Like, what are the practical solutions that would aid us in reforming and purifying our nafs?

I say 'practical' because i honestly see so much material on topics as such but they are almost never practical. They help in getting you to identify the need to change a trait, but rarely ever go through 'how'. And many books seem to suggest that simply knowing that the trait is a negative one would lead one to change. Perhaps this is the case for those with a strong sense of taqwa, but what of those who are continuously struggling?

Of course, the battle of the nafs is ongoing, but my question is, 'how' do we battle our nafs in the traits we 'know' we much change?

Would be interesting to see what you all have to say inshallah :)

Will also be doing my own research on this to see if i can find anything.

Walaykum Assalam,

yeah true that.. but learning about the affects of the trait, the punishments if its a sin can kinda put people off doing 'em stuff...

hmmm.. the first step is to sincerely want to change, and then to try very hard.. but holding onto the will to want to change is the hardest part.. especially because the level of Iman is always changing... but it's like a constant uphill battle.. all day and night.. it'll take alot of patience, struggling, endurance and holding on to your will like crazy as if ur life depended on it (well it does. haha).. and so to start to change.. you have to go against your nafs.. and keep fighting it.. there's times obviously where we slip, but we need to find the strength to get up and keep fighting.. and that strength depends on the level of iman at that point in time..

but im guessing that dont be practical enough.. hmmm.. so we need to keep our iman hiigh as possible.. whether it be thru reading Qur'an, gaining knowledge, being around people who inspire you, etc.. and Insha'Allah it will strengthen the will to change, or keep it at the same level or at least slow down the fall of ur willpower..

y'know.. i reckon knowledge on stuff is the best way to start wanting to change... like knowing about the dieses of the heart / soul, punishments of the grave, on the day of judgement.. jahannam and anything that will increase the fear of Allah, fear of the fire, fear of falling into the traps of shaytaan and all.. and then also learning at the same time about the stuff that increases love for Allah, and His mercy.. and things that give you hope.. like jannah and the people that will be under the shade of Allah on the day of judgement.. etc.

anyways.. thats just what i was like thinking.. did u get round to researching RaF?

hmm.. was wondering.. you know how the Prophet (saw) adviced those who are young and can't get married, to control desires, he told them to fast... yeahh.. are there anymore practical examples like that?

#23 Rajiyat al Firdaws

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:09 PM

Awesome points sis! Barakallahufeeki and yep, i did alhamdulillah :) not as much as i wanted to though i admit

Here is what i found:

The four ingredients for change:

1) Insight: this is realizing the problem/defect and the need to change/work on it

2) New information: expanding your knowledge on the defect you are suffering from, knowing what it can possibly result from and the possible harmful outcome as a result of it.

3) Deliberate effort: consistently working towards change

4) Time: and this is perhaps the most difficult aspect. it entails continual effort on the person's part regardless of how many times they fail.

Which in a nutshell, is what you alluded to in your post! :)

#24 Rajiyat al Firdaws

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:33 AM

As for practical steps from the sunnah, i think the most practical ones ive come across are to do with keeping with the pious company. Subhanallah, this is so crucial! The prophet :saws: said, the believers are mirrors to each other. Indicating that if your friend was bad, then this will reflect in your character and if they were good, then this will reflect in your character. So i guess another ingredient for change is surrounding oneself with the righteous and those who posses good akhlaq.

#25 islam_mydeen

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:52 PM

the questions going to come out soon?

#26 TorqueWar Seeker

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:33 AM

View PostRajiyat al Firdaws, on 13 May 2011 - 02:02 AM, said:

Mention them in here inshallah. should be an interesting discussion ;p

Nah I've had some discussions with others before. This time I think I should do some searching on my own. ;)

This will probably take some time, so will it be ok if I skip this round of the book club? :S

#27 Mu'mina

la ilaha illa Allah <3

• Sister Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,743 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:59 AM

The Prophet (saw) would sometimes say in ruku', "Oh, Allah! To You I have bowed and in You I have believed and to You I have submitted; my hearing, my sight, my brain my bones and my nerves are humbled before You." [Sahih Muslim]

This has only been reported from him (saw) in the night prayer.

Beautiful mashaAllah. :)

#28 Rajiyat al Firdaws

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:17 PM

Hmm why do you need to skip the round sis? Plus, you are not compelled to adhere to any fiqhi issues in this book as long as you are following a valid ijtihad.

#29 islam_mydeen

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:41 AM

are we going to get assigned the pages for round 3 soon?

#30 Rajiyat al Firdaws

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

Yes inshallah :)

Btw has anyone heard the story behind the shahada and know whether or not its authentic?

I recall reading that the way it was formed is that when the prophet s.a.w went up the 7 heavens he greeted Allah swt by saying 'at tahiyyatu lillah wassalatu wa tayyibat' (Greetings to the Lord etc) and Allah swt responded 'Assalamu alaika ayyuhan nabi wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh'(peace and blessings of Allah be upon you o prophet) and the prophet sa.w responded 'Assalamu alayna wa ala ibadill lahis salhieen' (peace be upn us and upon the righteous slaves of Allah' and then the angels said 'ash-had an la ilaha illah Allah wa ash hadu anna muhammadan abduhu wa rasoolun' (We testify that there is no diety worth of worship save Allan and that Muhammad is His slave and messenger)

Anyone heard of this before?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.