Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
Provisions for the Hereafter - 7th Century Generation - Page 5

Provisions for the Hereafter

66 replies to this topic

#61 Mu'mina

la ilaha illa Allah <3

• Sister Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:10 AM

The readings for week 7 will be from pages 110 - 121 and the deadline will be September 28th inshaAllah.

#62 TorqueWar Seeker

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:28 AM

I don't understand what this part on page 111 means:

"And sometimes, he would borrow against Sadaqah (i.e. Zakah), when there was some benefit for the Muslims in doing so and he would mark the camels of Sadaqah with his own hand and if something unforeseen happened, he would borrow the Sadaqah animals from their owners, as he once did with two years' Sadaqah."

Narrated by the compilers of the 'Sunan' except An-Nasa'i, Ahmad, Ad-Daraqutni and Al-Baihaqi.

Edited by TorqueWar Seeker, 16 September 2011 - 04:28 AM.

#63 Mu'mina

la ilaha illa Allah <3

• Sister Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:46 PM

I have read that whenever the Prophet (saw) was asked for something and he didnt have it, he would borrow sadaqah animals from his companions and then pay them later. I'm not sure if this is authentic though.

I'm confused about the "borrow against sadaqah" part...

#64 Mu'mina

la ilaha illa Allah <3

• Sister Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:29 PM

The questions for week 7 have been pmed alhamdulillah.

The readings for week 8 will be from pages 122-127 and the deadline will be October 14th inshaAllah.

#65 Mo3tasima

Formerly "RaS"

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Interests:are under attack. May Allah swt allow us to witness the victory of Islam. Ameen

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:40 PM

Just writing some Q's which i need to get clarified soon here (so that i dont forget!):

His giving and charity were of different types: Sometimes, it took the
form of a gift, sometimes charity and sometimes a grant; and
sometimes, he would buy something and then give it to the seller
along with its price. At other times, he would borrow something and
then return more than he had borrowed.

- does returning more than is borrowed qualify as interest? or does that only apply to the lender requesting it

And when a person in need
submitted his case to him, he would give preference to his needs over
his own, sometimes with his food and sometimes with his clothes.

- theres a hadith that speaks about begging' and how it is looked down upon in islam. Should one give or not give to a beggar whom appears in good health etc or does that qualify under "walsaa'ili fala tanhar"

^ will look up answers on some sites etc and post up if i find - meanwhile, feel free to add any thoughts you may have

#66 Mo3tasima

Formerly "RaS"

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Interests:are under attack. May Allah swt allow us to witness the victory of Islam. Ameen

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:16 AM

Assalamu 'alaykum all,

I remembered this yesterday sA. We're on page 127 now - 365 pages to go.

Shall we continue - or are people finding it too hard to keep up?

#67 al-ghareebah

Boulder

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:50 AM

I missed out.

Be sure to include me at the beginning of the next book you tackle inshaAllah.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.