- - - - -

Not alive

9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_lowww_*

• Guests

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:30 AM

assalamualaikum,

About 2 years ago I was someone who was a much better Muslim. Now for the past 2 years my
practice has gone lower and lower with each year. Right now its to the point where I feel dead inside.
I'm alive but I feel nothing no will to pick up the Quran, seek knowledge, pray sunnah. I
find it easy to lie and swear and have a bad relationship with family members. I still
pray my 5 times a day but I often pray fajr late and I don't make du'a anymore when I used to do it all the time. I feel like
it wont be ansewered, and most of the time I am just angry with the situation my life is in.

Please advise me

#2 Mu'mina

la ilaha illa Allah <3

• Sister Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:23 AM

*bump*

#3 Guest_muslim_*

• Guests

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:51 AM

http://www.kalamulla...r-alawlaki.html

Scroll down to 'The Hereafter' and download and listen to it inshAllah. Also make duaa and ask Allah for strong iman and pray night prayers(qiyam ul layl) inshAllah.

#4 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:35 AM

Posted Image

To my dear brother or sweet sister,

well to start with just do one thing keep ur tongue moist with the remembrancer of ALlah :) inshaAllah u will feel more good ameen

‎"And remember your Lord by your tongue and within yourself, humbly and in awe, without loudness, by words in the morning and in the afternoon, and be not among those who are neglectful."

[Al-Araf 7:205]

WITHOUT DOUBT IN THE REMEMBRANCE OF ALLAH(swt) DO THE HEARTS FIND REST

[13:28]

so now all u need to do is just tell alhumdulillah,Allahu Akbar,subhanALlah,astagfirullah,and what ever comes to ur mind and whenever it comes to ur mind :) thats it and u will find rest for sure inshALlah :) and if u can read at least one ayath with meaning from Quraan then do that ... inshaAllah for sure i will see an change and improvement

another important thing that u can do is recite darood and then start making any random dua that comes to ur mind ,and if u dont understand what to make dua and for whom to make dua just go to the dua section and read someones post on dua and say ameen and ask Allah to get them out of there difficulties ameen and in case if ur not even able to do that then make a dua that whatever is best for the ummah must happen to them ameen and ask for ever believers forgiveness ameen also may i be the first one to practice this ameen

if ur unable to do this all then just do one thing do sajadah or sajoodh :) and then be in it for whatever time u can and then think of whatever is going on in ur mind :) no matter whatever crap stuff :) its okay...

with some piece of advice,

Abd Allah,

Ghazala(A sis from ummah).

#5 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:46 PM

Abu Darda narrated that Rasool Allah(S.A.W) said, “Should I not tell you of such a thing which are the best and purest deeds in the court of your Lord, high in ranks (darajat), better for you then spending gold and silver (in Allah’s path), and better than slaying the neck of the enemy during war? The Sahaba said, “Yes, Oh Rasool Allah(S.A.W)! .” He(S.A.W) said, “It is Zikr of Allah.”

(Tirmizi)

Abu Huraira(R.A) narrated that Rasool Allah(S.A.W) said, “Any gathering in which people sit and do not do Zikr of Allah and do not send Durood upon their Prophet is of loss for them. If Allah wills, give them azab (punishment) and if wills, forgive them.”

(Tirmizi)

Abu Huraira(R.A) narrated that Rasool Allah(S.A.W) said, “Allah Tabaraka wa Ta’ala says when a person moves his lips for Zikr of Allah, I am with him. “ (Bukhar)

#6 Skooch

Why am I so different? :'(

• 5I5t3R 5PY CRU y0!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,479 posts
  • Interests:quraan, soccer, tennis, swimming,

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

read some quran , and understand the meaning of the part ur reading, it really ignites up the ethusiasm

#7 UmmMaryam

'SisterAddy'

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:28 AM

View Postlowww, on 05 May 2011 - 03:30 AM, said:

assalamualaikum,

About 2 years ago I was someone who was a much better Muslim. Now for the past 2 years my
practice has gone lower and lower with each year. Right now its to the point where I feel dead inside.
I'm alive but I feel nothing no will to pick up the Quran, seek knowledge, pray sunnah. I
find it easy to lie and swear and have a bad relationship with family members. I still
pray my 5 times a day but I often pray fajr late and I don't make du'a anymore when I used to do it all the time. I feel like
it wont be ansewered, and most of the time I am just angry with the situation my life is in.

Please advise me

Why are you angry? Ask yourself (dont post)
What is Allah swt trying to teach you from this pain/suffering/ mess?
It may not always be a test from Allah swt, Allah swt says in the Quran :

Al-Room
When We give men a taste of Mercy, they exult there at: and when some evil afflicts them because of what their (own) hands have sent forth, behold they are in despair! (36)

When we make decisions, good or bad knowing full well, we need to accept responsibility and outcome of those decisions or deeds. Allah swt points out that the evil affliction is from what they have done themselves and, still they despair, because they deny it their fault. Dont deny, accept, for the bad deeds or bad choices that you may have made. Learn, move on, and most importantly, if you feel your out of it, then get back into it, Islam! Your are using action words as if you have nothing to do with it, you dont read quran, then read QURAN! YOu dont do dua, then do dua! Get yourself interested in it. Feelings are soo fleeting, you can hardly trust it to make you feel whats good for you. THe real yearning for all ibadat and the wanting to please Allah swt is the fruit of the labour, it does not come just like that. When you pray with full concentration, Allah swt will make you taste the tranquility that comes from sincere worship. When you read the Quran with full tajweed in its proper recitation, elongation and makharij, Allah swt will give you yearning for it and energize you through it. Speak to anyone who does it, they will attest to it. And that brings us to another point , and that is the company you keep. Surround yourself with individuals who love the salah, who love the quran for what it is and from Who it is, make yourself Allah swt conscious so you pick up what Allah swt is trying to tell you, through your ups and downs in life. A sense of purpose helps, striving to achieve something needed for Allah swt sake, be it a charity, be it Khilafah, for to strive and make it as big as you can handle, will drive you to achieve, make you feel that you are on your way to success from Allah swt. Human beings believer or not, find dignity, self worth in achieving something, it also keeps us mentally stable and protects us from self implosion, as in to constantly just keep focusing on ourselves, which is highly unhealthy and unislamic.

#8 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:39 AM

Posted Image

#9 Bara' ibn Maalik

Formerly "walter kovacs"

• Brothers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

salaam

yea what you've said is difficult to answer i reckon, the answers given so far were very good ulhamdulilah, i liked post 7. it would be pertinent to ask i guess why you are upset with your situation?

if you are upset with your situation due to its immense difficulty, feeling that you are overburdened, i truly sympathise with you. the best advice i can offer (and Allah A'zza waja'l knows best) is that good or a proper imaan as i'm aware is to be in 'between two states' of awareness/thinking (hope that expression is accurate).

i) One is to be 'hopeful' that Allah A'zza waja'l will be merciful to us and reward us immensely.
there is much evidence from Qura'n and sunnah explaining the extent of this mercy. the message we are to take away from these evidences is that no matter how difficult the test we need to hold firm to the rope of Allah A'zza waja'l and we are promised a just reward(and Allah A'zza waja'l does warn us that we will be tested and rewarded accordingly due to our sufferring). check out post 3 of mine and also the other posts in this thread for evidence of the extent of this mercy - it will help you realise the extent of mercy inshAllah :)

http://www.7cgen.com...=1

2) The other is to be fearful of the consequences of Allah's A'zza waja'l wrath.
So i guess the advice on watching the hereafter series by shaykh anwar would be beneficial to let us realise the dangers of this point, and also appreciate the rewards that will come with Allah A'zza waja'l mercy.

So like one way to think about things is to think both ways. Like when I pray I pray out of happiness sometimes because I am so grateful for how much Allah A'zza waja'l gave me. Like i had both parents, never lacked for money, always had food, shelter, clothing ulhamdulilah. I have been given so much good, so when I pray I am in a happy mood and pray somtimes truly out of happiness. The corollary to this also applies, and I pray because I owe Allah A'zza waja'l so much, that I am fearful, because I can never repay him - which is a fact cuz i can't.

Simply put one needs to be in between two states, hope for the mercy of Allah, and fear of the wrath of Allah. I don't fully understand this state of mind and i've tried to explain it to you as best i can, but this I believe helps one towards a true imaan.

Both are needed and important for our imaan. Let me know if this was clear to you.

Allahu A'lim

#10 Guest_Guuuest_*

• Guests

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:25 AM

Do you have any sins that you keep committing regularly?

Reply to this topic

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.