5 replies to this topic

#1 Skooch

Why am I so different? :'(

• 5I5t3R 5PY CRU y0!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,479 posts
  • Interests:quraan, soccer, tennis, swimming,

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:44 PM

As a studies of religion student we have been asked to interview other people from other faiths as an assesment. it would be really appreciated if you could answer these questions.

1. How is peace taught and achieved through the islamic faith?

2. In what ways do sacred texts such as the quran and the hadith provide you with peace?

3. Is there a certain section dedicated to peace in either of these texts?

4. Do you have a favourite extract from either the quran or the hadith the brings peace to you personally?

5. Do you find that peace is gained through adhering to your religion?

6. Do you find you gain inner peace through visiting sacred buildings such as mosques?

7. Does the practise of ramadhan bring you peace in the sense that you are gaining spiritual and social rewards by follwing one of the five pillars?

8. Do you believe that if you performed hajj you would feel with peace at yourself and your religion as it is something that islamic law stipulates you must do if you can afford it?

9. Do you believe that through returning to allah in your afterlife that peace would be granted?

10. How does your religion tradition contribute to world peace?

#2 Skooch

• 5I5t3R 5PY CRU y0!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,479 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:49 AM

this was an assesment handed to me, by a student from another faith. Im not asking you to interview people from different faiths but just to answer them yourselves inshallah. thank you :)

#3 ZanjabiLinMYsaLsaBil

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:15 AM

1. How is peace taught and achieved through the islamic faith?
If you were travelling in a car and u had no idea where it was going, will u be at peace? Definiely no. Islam tells me where I'm heading and where I came from. So I'm well versed with my life and know my PURPOSE.

Secondly, WHAT IS IT THATMAN WANTS AND WHAT MAKES HIM HAPPY, CONTENTED AND AT PEACE? Monkey sees abanana and he wants it. Man sees money,etc. and he wants it. Difference?Nothing will satisfy the son of Adam except dust!Giving up your vain desires and wants and submitting to a Lord Al-Mighty iswhat gives man utmost peace and contentment.

Islam teaches peace through:

1. Firm faith in Allah(swt)...hope, love, fear

2. doing righteous deeds

3. standing up for the TRUTH

4. PATIENCE

Bottom line: Whatever good happens to a believeris a blessing and the evil, is his Lords Will and Wisdom.We submit to it.

2. In what ways do sacred texts such as the quran and the hadith provide you with peace?
By reading them I know where the world is going and that I have not been created without a purpose.
The Quran proves(u want me to prove it to u?) to be the unaltered Word of Allah, unlike the other sacred scriptures(which were sent by Allah to his messengers) that have been edited by human hand.

3. Is there a certain section dedicated to peace in either of these texts?
All Praise Is To Allah(swt). Yes, Definitely.

4. Do you have a favourite extract from either the quran or the hadith the brings peace to you personally?

If Allah helps you, none can overcome you: if He forsakes you, who is there after that that can help you? In Allah, then, let believers put their trust. (Chapter 3, Verse 160)

"....And the promise of my Lord is ever true."(18:98)

"Whoever controls his anger at the time when he has the means to act upon it, Allah will fill his heart with contentment on the Day of Resurrection."(Reported by al-Tabaraanee, 12/453, see also Sahih al-Jaami', 6518)

". . . when they are angry, they forgive." [al-Shooraa 42:47]

"Is the reward for good anything but good"(Surah Rahman)

5. Do you find that peace is gained through adhering to your religion?
Peace, freedom and tranquility can only be achieved through Islam, my religion, your religion, Jesus' religion, Moses' religion, Abraham's religion(peace be upon them all) and Mohammed's(SAW).

6. Do you find you gain inner peace through visiting sacred buildings such as mosques?
Yes. The purpose of going there is to worship Allah, not site-seeing. Mosques give a wholesome environment for a believer/ worshiper to worship his Lord. Infact, Muslims(males-compulsory, females-optional) are commanded to visit the mosque 5times daily for their 5obligatory prayers. Alhumdulilah.
7. Does the practise of ramadhan bring you peace in the sense that you are gaining spiritual and social rewards by follwing one of the five pillars?
Yes, spiritually, fasting teaches a person self restraint and control. It teaches a believer how to sacrifice his wants for the sake of Allah( swt).

8. Do you believe that if you performed hajj you would feel with peace at yourself and your religion as it is something that islamic law stipulates you must do if you can afford it?Yes. Hajj-Maqbool will inshaAllah cleanse me of all my past sins and take me closer to my Lord.

9. Do you believe that through returning to allah in your afterlife that peace would be granted?
If I live and die, giving Allah the Majesty and Honour that He is Ever Most deserving of(and He doesn't need us to give that to Him), and not associating equals unto Him, then yes He(swt) will admit me into His ever-lasting gardens of Paradise.

10. How does your religion tradition contribute to world peace?
A change in an individual is a change for the world.
None of you is a believer until you choose for your brother what you choose for yourself.

just a quick reply from me..question 3 is yet to be completed inshaAllah

Edited by susan19, 26 May 2011 - 07:21 AM.

#4 Skooch

• 5I5t3R 5PY CRU y0!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,479 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:17 AM

jazakillahu khairan, may allah reward you sis :)

#5 ZanjabiLinMYsaLsaBil

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:27 AM

im not findind tym for the third Q...hope you can fill it in...

#6 ayesha.ansari

Stone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Location:Extend Knowledge Inc 44050 Ashburn Shopping Plaza Suite 195 - 123 Ashburn, VA 20147
  • Interests:Quran teaching

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:12 AM

JAZAKALLAH sir.. i never think about 'Islam from this perspective.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.