Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
8?20?8?20? - 7th Century Generation - Page 2

8?20?8?20?

19 replies to this topic

#16 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:58 AM

View PostAbu Muhammad, on 08 August 2011 - 07:49 AM, said:

View Postghazala, on 08 August 2011 - 07:08 AM, said:

2. Huhukul ibad.

Huququl 'Ibaad (حقوق العباد) is the rights of the slaves (People). You had the terms mixed up.

Posted Image for correction bro mod ... much appreciated :)

#17 ZanjabiLinMYsaLsaBil

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

View PostSalaam, on 07 August 2011 - 07:53 PM, said:

View Postsusan19, on 07 August 2011 - 01:21 PM, said:

It wud be good if the ummah was more in unity...so 20 raka'ah that Umar RA started in his khilafah wud be nice but ofcourse i dont say that the others are wrng ...And Allah knows best.

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "Whoever prays Qiyaam (i.e. taraawee'h) with the imaam until he finishes, it will be recorded as if he spent the night in prayer." (Abu Dawood)

Yup all is good...just like dr.naik said that you shudn't go to a masjid where they pray 20 and just read 8 and walk out...thats unity

#18 Salaam

Official Rebel Leader of BoB

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

View Postsusan19, on 08 August 2011 - 01:41 PM, said:

View PostSalaam, on 07 August 2011 - 07:53 PM, said:

View Postsusan19, on 07 August 2011 - 01:21 PM, said:

It wud be good if the ummah was more in unity...so 20 raka'ah that Umar RA started in his khilafah wud be nice but ofcourse i dont say that the others are wrng ...And Allah knows best.

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "Whoever prays Qiyaam (i.e. taraawee'h) with the imaam until he finishes, it will be recorded as if he spent the night in prayer." (Abu Dawood)

Yup all is good...just like dr.naik said that you shudn't go to a masjid where they pray 20 and just read 8 and walk out...thats unity

i dont remember his saying tht but please show evidence where he said that, and again their is no set limit of tarawih, so if someone walks out of a 20 rakat tarawih, or a 30 or 40 rakat tarawih doing a certain amount how does this break the unity? muhammad saw stopped praying tarawih in mosque and prayed at home until his death ue to certain reason at this point some sahabas prayed in mosque not in one jammat but many small jammat. while other prayed alon in the mosque and they al ldid different rakats, again in one mosque people praying individually not together, does this mean the uity was broken? muhamamd saw prayed 8 long rakat while the sahaba ra in the mosque did ifferent rakat, again does that mean the no unity their?

since when has tarawih rakat had any impact in unity of the ummah, everyone pray different rakat in tawajjud again deos this mean their is no unity here, to make the judgement of unity of ummah through how many rakat people pray is illogical, when muhamamd saw himself said you can choose how much you want to pray in tarawih why does it matter how any rakat a individual prays, and lastly muhamamd saw he stiopped prayi in jamamt to amek the point it not obligatory to pray tarawih in a jammat, so again if someone leaves the jammat as muhammad saw hadith shows their doing no bad

As ibn taymiyyah stated thoswho do 8 are doing good, those who do 20 are doing good, those who do 36 40 etc are also doing good, as it is all part of the sunnah of muhamamd saw

#19 ZanjabiLinMYsaLsaBil

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

Dr. naik says that at 5:20 inthe video...btw he doesn't say anything about unity if you thought that i meant that he says that

You are right unity cannot be judged on the no. of raka'ah they pray.The sahabah praying under small different groupsdid matter to Umar RA, a reason why he put them all under one Imam Ubayy ibnkaabRA...and that was when the fear that it wud be made obligatory was nomore..now whether that was for unity or whatever reason it does make thesituation uniform....

but ofcourse i dont think this needs to bediscussed this way...and one question: When RasoolAllah saw prayed the three/four nights in the mosque, did he pray in congregation?

And Allah knows best. May I be forgiven if I'm going ahead of me.

#20 Salaam

Official Rebel Leader of BoB

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

View Postsusan19, on 10 August 2011 - 08:35 AM, said:

Dr. naik says that at 5:20 inthe video...btw he doesn't say anything about unity if you thought that i meant that he says that

You are right unity cannot be judged on the no. of raka'ah they pray.The sahabah praying under small different groupsdid matter to Umar RA, a reason why he put them all under one Imam Ubayy ibnkaabRA...and that was when the fear that it wud be made obligatory was nomore..now whether that was for unity or whatever reason it does make thesituation uniform....

but ofcourse i dont think this needs to bediscussed this way...and one question: When RasoolAllah saw prayed the three/four nights in the mosque, did he pray in congregation?

And Allah knows best. May I be forgiven if I'm going ahead of me.

well he says if a mosque prays 8 in a mosque and they finish it at 8 rakat then the person should not continue and do the 20, im not sure about this view so i will not comment on it, as another view is you can carry on allah knows best, as i ahvent seen the evidence of either side

all scholars unanimously stated the reason why umar ra revived the tarawih in jamamt is simply due to him thinking it is better to pray together then separately, not for unity reasons, but jsut generally better to pray together then alone, and the muslims are now ready to do it without making it obligatory upon themselves.

Remember we cannot take a hadith and give it a false meaning or explanation, by doing that we would be lying upon hadith and giving it fabricated meanings, so we should always stick to what hadith is truly stating and not giving it other explanations.

But yes it is better to pray in jammat because muhamamd saw said in a hadith:

“Nothing prevented me from coming out to you except the fact that I feared that it would be made obligatory for you.”

so this clearly shows had that reason not occurred muhamamd saw wouldve carried on with the tarawih in jamamt, but mroe importantly he muhamamd saw himself preferred to do it in jammat with his followers then in home, and clearly states the only thing stopping him from doing so is the sahaba ra at the time making it obligatory upon themsleves.

By the way this is regarding men, for women tarawih and all other salah except the eid salah it is better for them to pray at home alone then the mosque, for men better in the mosque and in jammat rather then praying at home, so yes although allowed to pray at home better to encourage to pray in mosque in a jamat for men, and women can join in aswell.

When RasoolAllah saw prayed the three/four nights in the mosque, did he pray in congregation?

yes he did, it was said to have lasted the whole night that the sahaba feared they would miss suhoor, and the sahabas ra loved it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.