Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
liver for suhoor - 7th Century Generation

- - - - -

liver for suhoor

11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_liverproblem_*

• Guests

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:39 AM

Is liver makrooh? If yes, then will my siyaam be makrooh if i ate it in suhoor. :(

#2 Abu Muhammad

Where to?

• Brother Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:26 AM

Why would you think liver is Makrooh?

#3 ZanjabiLinMYsaLsaBil

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:41 AM

is it?

Edited by susan19, 26 August 2011 - 03:42 AM.

#4 sarahpatchkids

Formerly: s123m

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:47 PM

there is no evidence to suggest that it is makroh... therefore you can enjoy it, inshaAllah.

#5 Al-Siddiq

Comet

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:18 AM

View Postsarahpatchkids, on 26 August 2011 - 11:47 PM, said:

there is no evidence to suggest that it is makroh... therefore you can enjoy it, inshaAllah.

You're sure of this ukhti?

#6 Mu'mina

la ilaha illa Allah <3

• Sister Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:52 AM

I found this online but i'm not sure if it's authentic...

Imam Ahmed and Imam Ibn Majah narrate from son of Omar (may Allah be pleased with them all) that the Prophet of Allah (saw) said two dead animal are lawful and two bloods. The two dead are fish and locust, and the two bloods are liver and spleen.

#7 Abu Muhammad

Where to?

• Brother Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:45 AM

View PostMu'mina, on 27 August 2011 - 06:52 AM, said:

Imam Ahmed and Imam Ibn Majah narrate from son of Omar (may Allah be pleased with them all) that the Prophet of Allah (saw) said two dead animal are lawful and two bloods. The two dead are fish and locust, and the two bloods are liver and spleen.

For Islam QA:
“he allows them as lawful At-Tayyibaat (i.e. all good and lawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods), and prohibits them as unlawful Al-Khabaa’ith (i.e. all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods)”

[al-A’raaf 7:157 – interpretation of the meaning]

Al-Tabari said in his Tafseer: “ The phrase ‘blood poured forth’ means blood that flows copiously. This is how Allaah described the blood when He told His slaves that it is haraam. ‘Ikrimah said: were it not for this aayah, the Muslims would gone to extremes in avoiding the blood that remains in the veins as the Jews do. Al-Maawardi said that with regard to blood that is not ‘poured forth’, if it has solidified in the veins, as in the liver and spleen, then it is halaal, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:Two kinds of dead meat and two kinds of blood have been permitted to us…”

#8 sarahpatchkids

Formerly: s123m

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:54 AM

I should have posted evidence like the mods did with my statement.. sorry about that! Alhamdulillah, it is Halaal.

#9 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:39 AM

View PostAbu Muhammad, on 27 August 2011 - 07:45 AM, said:

For Islam QA:
"he allows them as lawful At-Tayyibaat (i.e. all good and lawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods), and prohibits them as unlawful Al-Khabaa'ith (i.e. all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods)"

[al-A'raaf 7:157 – interpretation of the meaning]

Al-Tabari said in his Tafseer: " The phrase 'blood poured forth' means blood that flows copiously. This is how Allaah described the blood when He told His slaves that it is haraam. 'Ikrimah said: were it not for this aayah, the Muslims would gone to extremes in avoiding the blood that remains in the veins as the Jews do. Al-Maawardi said that with regard to blood that is not 'poured forth', if it has solidified in the veins, as in the liver and spleen, then it is halaal, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Two kinds of dead meat and two kinds of blood have been permitted to us…"

Posted Image dear mod's

indeed ... also abt the dead meat ... there is even a story of ... once i dont remember properly Allahu alim ... most probebly it was Musa(as) and khizar (as) i think ... that they had to eat dead fish.... also once RasoolAllah(saw) sends someone to some work and then they or he eats flesh of dead fish ... coz they had no food ... Allahu alim ...

can someone post the hadiths ... if they get inshaAllah ....

#10 ZanjabiLinMYsaLsaBil

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

JazakAllahu khairan,,,on the other hand if sm1 does eat smthn makrooh in suhoor does it make the fast makrooh?

#11 Abu Muhammad

Where to?

• Brother Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:32 AM

View Postghazala, on 28 August 2011 - 07:39 AM, said:

For Islam QA:
"he allows them as lawful At-Tayyibaat (i.e. all good and lawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods), and prohibits them as unlawful Al-Khabaa'ith (i.e. all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods)"

Al-Tabari said in his Tafseer: " The phrase 'blood poured forth' means blood that flows copiously. This is how Allaah described the blood when He told His slaves that it is haraam. 'Ikrimah said: were it not for this aayah, the Muslims would gone to extremes in avoiding the blood that remains in the veins as the Jews do. Al-Maawardi said that with regard to blood that is not 'poured forth', if it has solidified in the veins, as in the liver and spleen, then it is halaal, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Two kinds of dead meat and two kinds of blood have been permitted to us…"

Posted Image dear mod's

indeed ... also abt the dead meat ... there is even a story of ... once i dont remember properly Allahu alim ... most probebly it was Musa(as) and khizar (as) i think ... that they had to eat dead fish.... also once RasoolAllah(saw) sends someone to some work and then they or he eats flesh of dead fish ... coz they had no food ... Allahu alim ...

can someone post the hadiths ... if they get inshaAllah ....

Is this what you mean?

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in the saheeh hadeeth: “Its water is a means of purification and its dead meat is halaal.”

#12 Mu'mina

la ilaha illa Allah <3

• Sister Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:14 AM

For Islam QA:

Jazak Allah khayr akhi.

Reply to this topic

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.