Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
who is a moderate muslim here ? - 7th Century Generation

who is a moderate muslim here ?

14 replies to this topic

#1 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:05 PM

There Is nothing lyk ''moderate or extreme Muslims'' ...Either ur practicing Muslim Or Non practicing ... who thinks ???? this concept of so called MODERATE MUSLIM ???? IS CORRECT ???????

lol most of the time people ask me which imaam do u folo and all ... im like confused what to answer ... coz i believe im a servant of Allah (Abd Allah)

Edited by ghazala, 09 September 2011 - 04:06 PM.

#2 Salaam

Official Rebel Leader of BoB

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,913 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:32 PM

extremist muslims, term created by media, which is meaningless, according to that every good muslims is a extremist, so theirs nothing wrong with that, if me being a good muslims according to their definition is extremist then let it be cause what they call is extremist is in reality me being good

however according to islam extremist has a different definition, such as muhammad saw in a hadith said to his sahaba ra who were fasting too much not to be extreme, fast but not too much but the correct amount if you do it too much then your being extreme/extremist, so as seen the muslim definition is different to what the nonmuslims say, if you read this youll know what i mean by this: http://www.islam-qa..../103889/extreme

moderate muslim a deviant group that emerged, are just a bunch of nonmuslim pleasers and epts, will do things to please them, and some like the modernist are plain bad:

regarding to which imam you follow thats a completely different case, as following the madhhab or the 4 imams is to do with the rulings of islam, such as the the famous scenario of eid on friday what do you do jummuah or zuhr

Edited by Salaam, 09 September 2011 - 06:41 PM.

#3 Al-Siddiq

Comet

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:44 PM

View Postghazala, on 09 September 2011 - 04:05 PM, said:

There Is nothing lyk ''moderate or extreme Muslims'' ...Either ur practicing Muslim Or Non practicing ... who thinks ???? this concept of so called MODERATE MUSLIM ???? IS CORRECT ???????

lol most of the time people ask me which imaam do u folo and all ... im like confused what to answer ... coz i believe im a servant of Allah (Abd Allah)

Like brother salaam said, extremism is spending time doing one thing too much (spending all your time praying while neglecting other things, etc). When people ask me questions about being moderate or extreme, I tell them I love all my muslim brothers and sisters. And that it is our job to discuss to reach truth in any matter, and to give dawah to nonmuslims.

People who are asking you which imam you follow are probably just asking you what opinions do you generally hold on certain topics. I mean you saying you are a servant of Allah is true, but I think every muslim sees themselves inshAllah as Allah's servant.

What people of knowledge do you learn from? Or is it just random?

#4 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:19 AM

oh i dont know what i learn ... but wish its all from what RasoolAllah(saw) once practiced inshaAllah ...

khayr allahu alim :)

#5 Al-Siddiq

Comet

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

View Postghazala, on 13 September 2011 - 03:19 AM, said:

oh i dont know what i learn ... but wish its all from what RasoolAllah(saw) once practiced inshaAllah ...

I know that ukhti, but different scholars will say different things about what Allah wants us to do about a certain situation. For instance, is it the sunnah to place your hands below the navel during prayer, or on your chest? I think this is the kind of thing they probably meant.

#6 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:51 PM

oh okay i go with shafiee ... in my salah ... before i used to pray like hanafi ... but i feel shafiee is more comforting to my heart thats y ... :)

#7 ZanjabiLinMYsaLsaBil

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:07 AM

Alhumdulilah I hope we all are moderate Muslims here as the Prophet (asws) advised us to. If they think you are extreme just cos u follow the fundamentals of Islam, then tell them that u are following what the sahaba did and what rasoolAllah taught. If you are on the right track then u can shut the mouth of mockers in a pleasant way inshaAllah.

Just cos a girl looks like a black bag,odd in public in her hijab doesnt mean she is an extremist.

Edited by ZanjabiLinMYsaLsaBil, 15 September 2011 - 04:15 AM.

#8 Salaam

Official Rebel Leader of BoB

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,913 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:03 AM

View PostAl-Siddiq, on 13 September 2011 - 06:43 PM, said:

I know that ukhti, but different scholars will say different things about what Allah wants us to do about a certain situation. For instance, is it the sunnah to place your hands below the navel during prayer, or on your chest? I think this is the kind of thing they probably meant.

the hadith on both is sahih, so again just shows some people make a big dela of everything

and prophet saw didnt tell us to be moderate, he said simply to follow what islam says, do as allah and he saw taught us

#9 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:06 AM

View PostZanjabiLinMYsaLsaBil, on 15 September 2011 - 04:07 AM, said:

Alhumdulilah I hope we all are moderate Muslims here as the Prophet (asws) advised us to. If they think you are extreme just cos u follow the fundamentals of Islam, then tell them that u are following what the sahaba did and what rasoolAllah taught. If you are on the right track then u can shut the mouth of mockers in a pleasant way inshaAllah.

Just cos a girl looks like a black bag,odd in public in her hijab doesnt mean she is an extremist.

sister which hadith are u talking about ???

as far as i know there is a hadith that tells us to do how much we are suppose to not over and when we do over its called extreams ....

khayr Allahu alim ... let me know which hadith ....

#10 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

View PostSalaam, on 15 September 2011 - 10:03 AM, said:

View PostAl-Siddiq, on 13 September 2011 - 06:43 PM, said:

the hadith on both is sahih, so again just shows some people make a big dela of everything

and prophet saw didnt tell us to be moderate, he said simply to follow what islam says, do as allah and he saw taught us

^ agreed ....

#11 sarahpatchkids

Formerly: s123m

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:04 AM

View Postghazala, on 09 September 2011 - 04:05 PM, said:

Girl version: Amatullah

#12 ZanjabiLinMYsaLsaBil

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:28 AM

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once asked a companion: "(Is it true) that you fast all day and stand in prayer all night?" The companion replied that the report was indeed true. The Prophet then said: "Do not do that! Observe the fast sometimes and also leave (it) at other times. Stand up for prayer at night and also sleep at night. Your body has a right over you, your eyes have a right over you and your wife has a right over you." - Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Hadith 127

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately. . .Always adopt a middle, moderate, regular course, whereby you will reach your target (of paradise)." - Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Hadith 470

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The good deeds of any person will not make him enter Paradise (i.e., no one enters paradise only through his good deeds)." The Prophet's companions asked: "Not even you?" The Prophet replied: "Not even myself, unless God bestows His favor and mercy on me. So be moderate in your religious deeds and do what is within your ability. None of you should wish for death, for if he is a doer of good, he may increase his good deeds, and if he is an evil doer, he may repent to God." - Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Hadith 577

#13 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:59 AM

Posted Image

beautiful hadith ...

So now where is the thing which u told ???? of extremist sis ???

(by u sis ZAN)

Edited by ghazala, 17 September 2011 - 08:03 AM.

#14 ZanjabiLinMYsaLsaBil

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:06 PM

View Postghazala, on 15 September 2011 - 10:06 AM, said:

sister which hadith are u talking about ???

as far as i know there is a hadith that tells us to do how much we are suppose to not over and when we do over its called extreams ....

khayr Allahu alim ... let me know which hadith ....

I think we are talking in agreement with each other. I meant the same thing you mean.

View Postghazala, on 15 September 2011 - 10:06 AM, said:

So now where is the thing which u told ???? of extremist sis ???

(by u sis ZAN)

Whats to be expalined here sister, I didnt quite get what it is you want explained?
The bold part means that if there is smone who thinks that you are an extremist just b'cos you are following the way of the salaf then inshaAllah it would be easy to explain to them that you are merely following the real teaching of Islam and that you arent an extremist.

Hope thats clear enuf.

#15 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

hmmm i just forgot about this thread ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.