Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
Permissibility of Qawwali? - 7th Century Generation

Permissibility of Qawwali?

qawwali is it allowed? why not or why is it?

5 replies to this topic

#1 sahil786

Stone

• Brothers
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:28 PM

Posted Image

Have been having this discussion with some of my friends.

Permissibility of Qawwali in Islam? I consider music as something which is not recommended as a good practising muslim. But recently I have listened and read translations of certain Qawwali and it is really beautiful. Altough I can see why it might not be allowed with the instruments and all.

Just wanted the general idea of what everyone thinks.

wslm

#2 Salaam

Official Rebel Leader of BoB

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,881 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

what is qawwali

#3 ghazala

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

^ qawwali is sorta a song in which ppl clap there hands in a certain way and then ... sing some lyrics ...

like for example : they sing like maula ali clap and then again sing maulaaaaa ali ali ali and then again clapX6times ... something like that ...

most of the time they are on Prophets and Allah ... that they sing in praise ....

#4 Salaam

Official Rebel Leader of BoB

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,881 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

clapping is for woman as prophet saw said

“Clapping is for women and tasbeeh (saying Subhaan Allaah) is for men.”

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/5000

#5 Cantara

Stone

• Sisters
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:Camels

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

I don't really see the point of Qawwali. Firstly, what language do they speak? To me it sounds like they're chanting anything.

#6 sahil786

Stone

• Brothers
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

After extensive reading I realised that Qawwali is a form of music, at its core they probably meant good with it, but it is used by sufi's and extends to shia's as well who praise their saints so i rather stay away...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.