Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
Careers for muslim women...? - 7th Century Generation

Careers for muslim women...?

58 replies to this topic

#1 -tawakkul-

old skool

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts
  • Interests:family and friends!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:25 PM

Salamz,

Apart from teaching... what other careers do you think are good for a muslim woman? bearing in mind she may have to be a mother and wife at the same time.

Please can you give specific careers and how they can help the Ummah and erm why you think it would be good for a muslim woman? Everyone's always quick to say teaching, I know it can be good because then you get payed (lol) holidays when your kids get holidays and what not, but what if you have no interest in teaching, what so ever!!! JazakAllah Khair.

Wasalamz
sista afsana.

#2 unknown

formerly 'known'

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,772 posts
  • Interests:ANYTHING that will bring freedom and peace to the muslim ummah!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:38 PM

salaam,

how about social work with the sick or elderly/both. unfortunatly i dnt hav many ideas. But others cud include wrkin from home cos u can set up a small busine n trade online, like on ebay or with ur own website. if ur gud at cookin u can think about new recipes(halaal ones) n think about mass producin it n supplyin it to supermarkets etc(PLZ DO THAT!!!!Posted Image)
u can b a child minder n look afta other peopls children.......

hope my ideas r of help n not too crazy.
wasalaam

Edited by the_unknown, 31 October 2006 - 07:39 PM.

#3 Mukhlisah

Musaafira

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,926 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:56 PM

good ideas unknown theyr not too crazy. its good to do something that benefits ur community and the ummah in general.

i honestly dont want to work, i'll marry a rich husband :lol: and look after all the kids and take good care of him by making his home a heaven! :wub: so when he comes in from a hard days work he wont have to lift a finger.

that doesnt mean dont educate though afsana, make sure you have back up incase he divorces you.hehe

#4 Mukhlisah

Musaafira

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,926 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:00 PM

you gotta be clever beacuse the mother is the childs 1st teacher

i dont really mean that about a rich husband but obviously it would be nice for him to earn enuff to support the family so i dont have to work.
his taqwa n strong iman is the thing that will stay wiith him-not the money!

okay..im going sooooo off topic!!

#5 unknown

formerly 'known'

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,772 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:15 PM

View Postm-i-t-a_mo, on Oct 31 2006, 08:00 PM, said:

you gotta be clever beacuse the mother is the childs 1st teacher

i dont really mean that about a rich husband but obviously it would be nice for him to earn enuff to support the family so i dont have to work.
his taqwa n strong iman is the thing that will stay wiith him-not the money!

non-muslim mothers r hardly ever the 1st teachers to their kids, wel sum mothers go str8 bak to wrk afta their maternity leav xpires.....but its gud to a c women stay home n raise their kids(my bro inlaw is raisin my 1yr old nefew wile my sister starts teaching,she looks afta him inda evenin).

n yeh its gud to hav a husband who is rich or has a well paid job. so that way his wife can raise their kids, or do sumthing for the community/ummah. or usually..... look afta his parents/family :thumbsup:

#6 Jabeen

7th Century Jangrez

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:49 PM

hmm, can i just ask, do you think its good for a sister to go in to law? i know it dpeends, but lets just say, for sake of argument, just law in general, any type/

#7 Mukhlisah

Musaafira

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,926 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:44 PM

GO FOR IT JABEENI !

we need more muslim sisters becoming lawyers, inshallah you become a succesful one :hug:

#8 unknown

formerly 'known'

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,772 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:57 PM

View PostJabeen, on Oct 31 2006, 08:49 PM, said:

hmm, can i just ask, do you think its good for a sister to go in to law? i know it dpeends, but lets just say, for sake of argument, just law in general, any type/

i think law is a wickd profession to get in2!!! alot of power n respect for lawyers out there. n if ur an asian, female muslim lawyer then ur bound to get alot of attention considerin there aint many out there(not that iv seen anyway). Altho im one for it, n i encourage peopl to get in2 it......wud it b the right profession for a muslim sister to get in2? im not an xpert wen it comes to islam n wat it says about women n certen jobs. but u kno how peopl say that u shudnt get in2 something that will lead to alot of interaction with men etc.....tho im sur a female muslim lawyer can choose who she has as a client n all. n its not jus about interaction, sum parts of law/justice aint nice, especially criminal law i think.

by no means b dscouraged by wat i sed abov Posted Image i say GO FOR IT!!! + ur husband wil b lucky, he wudnt hav2 wrk considerin the amount of money u wil b bringin home inshallah :lol:

#9 Aasiyah

Boulder

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:39 AM

I have a very unrealistic dream about where I want to work: I would love to join a Muslim NGO and be constantly travelling within developing Muslim nations and help with their foreign aid work. I know you need a mahram for travelling, but say if you were going with a Muslim NGO and there's a large group of sisters and another large group of brothers that are travelling together, shouldnt it be ok?

But this path would be very difficult in a Muslim woman's trying to maintain a family. Because you'll always be travelling and there will be very little stability in your life, especially if you're working in conflict-ridden Muslim nations.

I also think that we need more Muslim women doctors, particularly specializing in women's issues. That is a massive help to the ummah i think.

Also how about authors? If you are at home and have some creative flare write books. Even better, write islamic books and share your knowledge :)

#10 Jabeen

7th Century Jangrez

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:43 PM

jzk guys, yeh inshallah, ive always wanted to be a lawyer anyways, i was just wondering your opinions on it, and no, im not in to criminal law though, more international co-orperate inshallah. being an author sis would be very cool! i thought about it once, but i could never write that much. and yes! thats what im worried about too, a career, family and all these kinda things ! so much to balance, but its hard to balance things that are really 2 different compartments of life!!! oh well, i know sisters who do it so im sure we can manage!!!!!!! inshallah. it always helps to have a supportive husband! inshallah, life seems less tension full than it really is. and a supportive family, ie, father mother brothers sisters you know, just some caring close people behind you, so your not alone.

#11 -tawakkul-

old skool

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts
  • Interests:family and friends!

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:02 PM

JazakAllah Khair for your replies and ideas. B) Inshallah you will make a great lawyer Jabeen.

I also think that we need more Muslim women doctors, particularly specializing in women's issues. That is a massive help to the ummah i think.

I think your right. Well my sister muslimpal is doing midwifery and she LOVES IT!!!! She's in hospital placement already and the muslim patients love her because she has chosen this career. I pray she is able to complete it though, Inshallah.

wasalam.

#12 livingpeace_jk

Pebble

• Brothers
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:28 PM

INSHALLAH i wish her all the best

im just wondering what do NGO workers do? i read somewhere that they are bad..but pls expalin this is just something i vaguely remember

#13 Ackie00

Comet

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 10:21 PM

An NGO is a non-governmental organisation. For example, Muslim Aid, Amnesty and Oxfam are NGOs.

#14 Exquisite

AuntyJee

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 05:57 PM

u can also see this article for general info:

Careers for Muslim Women

#15 Shifa

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,166 posts
  • Interests:Ants.<br /><br />The life of an ant starts with an egg. <br /><br />If the egg is fertilized, the ant will be female (diploid).<br /><br />If the egg is not fertilized, it will be male (haploid).<br /><br />If the egg is 1/4 fertilized, it will be a PODe (madloid).<br /><br />If the egg is 1/2 fertilized, it will be a Rambles (twinloid).<br /><br />If the egg is 3/4 fertilized, it will be a Yazzmo (cuteloid).<br /><br />If the egg is 6/3 fertilized, it will be a Losty (Sininiloid).

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:07 AM

obvious ones... teacher, nurse, social worker.. desk jobs, sectretarial..
more... librarians? receptionists? im studying to be a journalist but not apllicable for one with family so.. and also applies to law.. like if ur a stay at home journalists who writes articles abt herbs.. hehee.. u can have a family, but if ur a war reporter... umm NO!
lol
so i think its abt wats out there vs what u want...and wat u can do

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.