My ego breathes the fuel of attention
My ego leans my hand on oppression
My ego bleeds the milk of submission
My ego, cogito ergo sum –
My ego that’ll lead me to Jahannam
My ego that takes me from The One
Ego sum qui sum – al Islam

Notes:

1. The phrase cogito ergo sum (trans. "I think, therefore I am") is attributed to the mathematician and philosopher René Descartes. With this theory, he systematically doubted all that could conceivably be doubted. However, this lead him to conclude that the one thing that he could not doubt was his own existence.

2. Ego sum qui sum (I am who I am) is a reference to the passage Exodus 3:14 found in the Bible which claims:

God said to Moses, "I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "

Secondly according to Aimé Solignac’s commentary on Augustine’s Enarrationes, in connection with the term idipsum; he shows a link with the metaphysical: meaning Being or existence in the precise meaning; Being unchangeable; Being everlasting.

#2 xrock

Starting Member

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:20 PM

Converted Post said:

Originally posted by ilmwear.com

It’s the ego, which makes me that hero
The ego, that makes me turn evil
The ego, that ruins my people
The ego, that makes me so lethal
The ego that makes me so feeble
Unequal and feeling so cheap so
I cry, I lie and keep it all inside…

My ego means I’m never in the wrong
My ego breathes the fuel of attention
My ego leans my hand on oppression
My ego bleeds the milk of submission
My ego, cogito ergo sum –
My ego that’ll lead me to Jahannam
My ego that takes me from The One
Ego sum qui sum – al Islam

Notes:

1. The phrase cogito ergo sum (trans. "I think, therefore I am") is attributed to the mathematician and philosopher René Descartes. With this theory, he systematically doubted all that could conceivably be doubted. However, this lead him to conclude that the one thing that he could not doubt was his own existence.

2. Ego sum qui sum (I am who I am) is a reference to the passage Exodus 3:14 found in the Bible which claims:

God said to Moses, "I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "

Secondly according to Aimé Solignac’s commentary on Augustine’s Enarrationes, in connection with the term idipsum; he shows a link with the metaphysical: meaning Being or existence in the precise meaning; Being unchangeable; Being everlasting.

slmz!

im 99.99999% sure that i know who this person is, but i could b wrong so reveal ur name so i dont make an idiot out of myself. If this is who I think it is then this poem should deffo b on ur site! Bbj.com! (that’s an abbreviation so dnt go searching 4 it on the net), the poem is really good and deep! well done! u have a way with words! u know who u r!

wslmz

#3 ilmwear.com

Pebble

• Brothers
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:24 AM

Converted Post said:

Originally posted by xrock

im 99.99999% sure that i know who this person is, but i could b wrong so reveal ur name so i dont make an idiot out of myself. If this is who I think it is then this poem should deffo b on ur site! Bbj.com! (that’s an abbreviation so dnt go searching 4 it on the net), the poem is really good and deep! well done! u have a way with words! u know who u r!

wslmz

'alaikum asalaam

jazakumullah!

there a few of us from ilmwear that use this identity, so maybe it is who you think it is and maybe it isn't - cryptic eh?... 'bet it isn't who you think it is though

#4 Anasrimbor Monghus

Anasrimbor is just a title, call me Monghus.

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:29 AM

salaam

faaaaaaaaar out that was goooooooooooood.

#5 xrock

Starting Member

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:28 PM

slmz

i was talking about the person who wrote the poem. but now i hav a feeling that its not who i think it is. but jzaks 4 replying!

wslmz!

#6 ilmwear.com

Pebble

• Brothers
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 02:50 AM

Converted Post said:

Originally posted by xrock

slmz

i was talking about the person who wrote the poem. but now i hav a feeling that its not who i think it is. but jzaks 4 replying!

wslmz!

it was one of us, but I think that you've got the wrong person... neva mind.

ma' salaama

#7 Adnan Jalaal

7th Century Soldier

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,486 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:10 PM

nice flow... 2 thumbs up

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.