Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
Forumite of the month + interview - 7th Century Generation

- - - - -

Forumite of the month + interview

36 replies to this topic

#1 7Cgen

Admin Annoucements

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:55 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Brother Abz was awarded the FOTM for November 2006 - Click here.

Username: The_unkown
Name: Abz (very known!)
Residence: Hackney, London (United Kingdom)
Other: Brother Abz becomes only the third brother to win the FOTM, out of the 11 times it has been awarded. The admin team thought this a good choice given the brother’s sincerity, posts, and effort in uploading videos of the Blakstone brothers’ amazing interviews on Islam Channel.

1) How did you find out about 7cg?

Well a sister here told me about this forum. She gave me the link, I checked it out, and it all went from there!

2) Did you intend to post when you joined? What made you do so if you didn’t intend to?

Yes I did intend to post when I joined. I knew it would be a bit boring if I only joined to read around. I thought I would need a bit of persuasion to post to be honest, but I didn’t! I read through the threads and added my thoughts and opinions as I went along. I realised what I had to say did matter and that if did have something to say, I should say it. People appreciate everything and anything!

3) Why are you an active member of 7cg?

Because I enjoy it here and its a great place to learn about Islam and other stuff too. It’s also a good place to find out what’s happening around you (related to Islam, current issues etc). I don’t have a lot of Islamic knowledge unfortunately, but by posting and sharing my thoughts and opinions from what i already knew, it helped me learn more from the replies/responses I got from other posts! So I’m pretty convinced that my posting, even if I wasn’t a rocket scientist on the topic, always got me more knowledge. Insha Allah other people learn and benefit from what I know because everyone has a different level of Islamic knowledge.

4) What do you like most about the forum?

The fact that everyone’s so close and they know each other so well within Islamic bounds. People may be afraid to say something or ask a certain question etc, but here, after I got into the flow, I found it easy to say how I felt about certain things. Also knowing that everyone here is willing to help in anyway possible was great. The brothers and sisters here did such a fantastic job in making me feel at home. Especially brother Faraz who PMd me a few days after I joined to personally welcome me here and encourage me to post. It was well nice being told I was needed by the youth!

5) Does it mean anything being FOTM?

Yes of course it does, duh! I’ve always wanted to be more a part of this forum. Posting a lot didn’t make me feel that way because it doesn’t matter how much I post, it’s about the quality of my posts. But being FOTM tells me that I perhaps did do something during the past month to become more a part of the forum. And this is the largest Islamic youth forum in the world, and being in it n a part of it feels great!

6) Do you intend to stay at the community in future?

Yes I do Insha Allah!!! I don’t think I can leave this forum that easily. I’ve got to know so many cool brothers and sisters here. You all have been so helpful. If I left the place for a while I would feel lost. I wouldn’t just get up and leave my family without a proper valid reason, the same applies here cause all you guys are also family also – at least that’s the way I feel. Plus being here stops me from watching a lot of TV and other useless stuff. I’ve totally cut down on the amount of TV I watch now :)

7) Made any friends at the forum? Who and where from?

Hmm. I either made none or I made too many! I’d best keep that to myself. But those guys know who they are they are and they are just wonderful
All you brothers and sisters make this place what it is...THE BEST FORUM IN THE WORLD!!!

Posted Image

#2 Adnan Jalaal

7th Century Soldier

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,486 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 08:01 PM

very nice interview
congrats abz

#3 born-2-die

Boulder

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:00 PM

yeh well done bro
im still astounded at this whole newsletter thing!! v nice!!

#4 Jabeen

7th Century Jangrez

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:24 PM

That was sooo beautiful brother abz! mashallah!!! congratulations.

#5 -tawakkul-

old skool

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts
  • Interests:family and friends!

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:50 PM

aaaw! that was a nice interview! so doesn't brother unknown get a prize? as in a trophy or summink? anyways kewl interview, Mashallah, and congrats again bro, keep it up! B)

#6 4-Ever-Euphemistic

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,680 posts
  • Interests:Chaplaincy!!

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:01 PM

Hay brother!! Your just no1 man :thumbsup:

#7 Umm Hidayah_88

Boulder

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • Interests:"Trust no-one... but Allah ta'ala."

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:25 PM

wow! such a wicked idea! Great interview bro unknown Alhamdulillah!

#8 unknown

formerly 'known'

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,772 posts
  • Interests:ANYTHING that will bring freedom and peace to the muslim ummah!

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:43 PM

:blush: thanks evry1. i feel abit weird cos i was the first to b interviewd n i ddnt realy know how to ansa all the questions(how much to write etc).

#9 Adnan Jalaal

7th Century Soldier

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,486 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:16 AM

hey i say we mail something to him lol
im serious by the way
hey abz, whats ur address? PM it to me insh'Allah

#10 unknown

formerly 'known'

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,772 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:25 AM

:lol: ^^^ jus chek my profile bro :thumbsup:

#11 murissa

Formerly "Rrimz"

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:36 PM

congrats bro :thumbsup:
maybe next time for the interviews we should be allowed to ask our own Q's-just a suggestion

Was Salaam

#12 sub

On Vacation

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,779 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:55 PM

salaams

how do you have an interview where you do the questions AND the answers? it's not the western media :rolleyes:

no, seriously, please explain? it's probably a good idea, but not said so clearly (or i'm probably just thick; pick one, it doesn't matter)

wassalaam,

sub

#13 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:08 PM

i think she meant the members at large are allowed to ask questions for the winner of the FOTM?
ws

#14 Mukhlisah

Musaafira

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,926 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:20 PM

salams br unknown

mashallah the questions were very well answered. i thought the mods made them up and aksed him and then posted up his replies :unsure:

#15 unknown

formerly 'known'

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,772 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:35 PM

:jazakAllah:

yeh they did make them up n then they PMd them to me :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.