27 replies to this topic

#16 sub

On Vacation

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,779 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:07 PM

View Post- The Second Sayf -, on Dec 8 2006, 06:14 PM, said:

I wouldnt be surprised of the forums had 3000000000000 members tomorrow.
wasalams

salaams

glad you all liked it. alhamdulillah. i have to say, jzk to faraz, yaseen, kaku, yasmin, zaynab and ummtaqwah who did a lot behind the scenes getting stuff done. insha allah, may allah accept from you and give you more :)

it might be a little early to start this, but we may be considering getting people to join the "newsletter team" for writing up articles and stuff. we'd like you to be involved, cos it's better with people researching and then writing stuff up - makes you learn what you research all the more clearly etc. admins have discussed this idea, but i want to know what you guys (in general) think of the idea. the idea hasn't been thought out 100%, but i'd like to know whether there are people who would have the time to help out in writing stuff for the newsletter (only need a handful a month). if there isn't a market for it, then we'll be able to handle it insha allah, cos we managed this time :) khair, respond to the idea if you have time.

lol, suved, 3 trillion? subhan allah! that'd mean everyone in the world would be on, and each would have like 500 accounts on average :lol:

wassalaam,

sub

#17 *Prisoner650*

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,053 posts
  • Interests:Thinking of new and innovative ways to make my darling ROOHIYA happy :melt:

Posted 09 December 2006 - 01:13 AM

salam, this is fanatstic alhamdulillah, my net connection is so bad at the moment, it literally took me 50 minutes to open up this thread, im not joking, hence why i havent been active at all recently, might need to ask some computer geek to find out the problem and the remedy! i agree with bro sayef, it just keeps getting better :D

well done to everyone who have helped to do this, u guys r just vrilliant mashAllah!!

#18 unknown

formerly 'known'

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,772 posts
  • Interests:ANYTHING that will bring freedom and peace to the muslim ummah!

Posted 09 December 2006 - 01:28 AM

i use da new link now(afta bein verbally abused by bro faraz lol),its my home page :D

but i wantd to ask sumthing. basically wen i log on, its cool, like its da new lay out n all yeh. but wen i click 7C GEN besides the portal, i go onto the normal BS forum..... is that whats supose2 happen?

#19 fatih

Rock

• Brothers
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Interests:net, discussion, grafis, computer, printing, video editing, teaching, science, organizing, etc

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:49 AM

it's very good, it must printed and distribution to others

#20 Mujahadah an Nafs

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,232 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 01:06 PM

salaams

sorry for the late reply peeps, i still use the old link and sumhow missed it! :blink:
but now that wount work so i have to use this one and like bro un_known make 7cgen my homepage! lol

anywayz MASHALLAH this newsletter looks Awesome!!! :)

jazakhala khairun to ALL the members who took out their precious time to help make this newsletter a success, Alhadulillah.

indeed this meesage is a very unique 1.....i think it would attract alot of members here iA.
so i advice every1 to plz start emailling this unique message to friends and families if u havet already.

as faith said every1 should try printing it aswell....best thing is for college and uni students.....am sure the message will spread wide is u distribute em there ia.

wasalam

#21 IBY

Formerly "khilafah_1924"

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 01:08 PM

da old link sounded much mre betta aswell

#22 *Prisoner650*

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,053 posts
  • Interests:Thinking of new and innovative ways to make my darling ROOHIYA happy :melt:

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:43 PM

View Postthe_unknown, on Dec 9 2006, 12:28 AM, said:

i use da new link now(afta bein verbally abused by bro faraz lol),its my home page :D

but i wantd to ask sumthing. basically wen i log on, its cool, like its da new lay out n all yeh. but wen i click 7C GEN besides the portal, i go onto the normal BS forum..... is that whats supose2 happen?

homepage??? how did u manage to do this??? i swear im so poor with computers, i knw jack!

sis fatih, jazzakhAllah khair for the idea, il try n do this at my uni, the isop(islamic society of portsmouth uni) is kind of dying, nothing is going on!!! so inshAllah this message should motivate us to become more active in portsmouth! :) :) :) :D

#23 Ackie00

Comet

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:48 PM

What internet browser do you use? If you use Internet Explorer (default), press Tools, Internet Options.

#24 Umm Baseerah

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:53 PM

:salaam:

The newsletter's working fine now alhamdulillaah. and i must say, it's REALLY good. no, it REALLY is. mashaAllaah. i can see a LOT of effort has been put into it, and may Allaah reward you all for it.
The articles are amazing, all VERY well written and relevant. Too many times have there been newsletter that don't relate. so a big "well done" to y'all!!

and the layout and everything is great. REALLY! :moonwalker:

suffice to say, I LOVE IT! :D

#25 *Prisoner650*

Meteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,053 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:09 PM

View PostAckie00, on Dec 9 2006, 09:48 PM, said:

What internet browser do you use? If you use Internet Explorer (default), press Tools, Internet Options.

jazzakhAllahkhair bro, iv done it alhamdulillah :D

#26 Guest_UmmTaqwah_*

• Guests

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:16 PM

Assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Mashaa'Allah what can I say, content is excellent and the look is fab! Goes very well with the 7th Century Generation theme. JazakumAllahu khairan for all your hard work brothers (Faraz, Yaseen, Sub, Kaku) May Allah reward you guys for your efforts and grant you even more for those who benefit and take something good and meaningful away from it.

Fi Amanillah

#27 sub

On Vacation

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,779 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 12:28 AM

sis fatih, jazzakhAllah khair for the idea, il try n do this at my uni, the isop(islamic society of portsmouth uni) is kind of dying, nothing is going on!!! so inshAllah this message should motivate us to become more active in portsmouth! :) :) :) :D

salaams

fatih is a brother :)

printing it out is an idea, or you could use this as a sort of template for your own uni. insha allah, next year our shura is going to be making semesterly publications (lol, atleast start somewhere) for the ISOC community. i reckon you guys need to get people involved. our shura seems dead to people - people don't join the society because they see no use in doing so - the musallah's open for all, and that's about all that shura does socially (apart from conducting classes, lectures, and the odd event once in a blue moon). get into the shura (lol, infiltrate!! :rolleyes:), and then start some stuff for people. it might be slow, but insha allah, it'll be up and running in no time.

and the layout and everything is great. REALLY! :moonwalker:

lol, yes, it is. jzk to bro kaku for getting it done (lol, around 4 times, cos we're so picky :P - he'll know what i mean). masha allah, he's a great bro :)

and yes, you are now physically bullied into using 7cgen, cos it makes administration just that much easier - we get reports from blakstone forum and some from 7cgen...and anything new that happens will only be done to the 7cgen forum anyway (most carry over as is the nature of the connection between the two, but some won't). anyways, 7cgen.com is the new residence for the forums, insha allah. :) (and it's easier to promote to those who think the forums are all about the music - we have plenty in australia)

lol, bro...the forums haven't changed, the location has. we added a portal to the front instead of the forum index. that's all that's changed. think of it like a front page to the forums. after you get past that one, the forums are still the same behind it :)

(if you click that link next to portal, it'll take you to the forums, but look in the address bar - it should say 7cgen.com instead of blak-stone.com/forum => if it doesn't, let me know, cos something's wrong then)

wassalaam,

sub

#28 Butterfly

Rock

• Brothers
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:46 AM

Alhamdullia, wen i seen the newsletter(the message) it reminded me of magic, a rabbit in a hat. Wat a gr8 trick with a treat, to keep us all neat and seated!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.