Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
3/3 - THE DREADED ANNIVERSARY - 7th Century Generation

* * * * * 1 votes

3/3 - THE DREADED ANNIVERSARY

83 replies to this topic

#1 7Cgen

Admin Annoucements

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:36 PM

Posted Image

It is a day whose impact on the Muslim ummah has been like few others, yet it is a day that most Muslims will enquire about with no idea as to its significance. We explore the history behind this, the day Islam was wiped off the world map completely for the first time since it came to the world...

Valentine's day - 14th February
Christmas Day - 25th December
Boxing Day - 26th December
3rd of March - ?

"What the heck is the 3rd of March? 3/3 - funky ring to it, is that what you are pointing out to me?"

"Nope. It's the day Islam was wiped off the face of the earth completely :) "

"Oh. Yeah. I knew that dude...."

No you didnt. And nor do many other Muslims, unfortunately. It is, as certain people would say, a "reality that cannot be ignored", and that is exactly why we cannot ignore it.

On the 3rd of March 1924 dear brothers and sisters, the Islamic State was, after many hundreds year of decline, finally destroyed. It was a day which barely registered on the heartbeat monitor of the Muslim Ummah at the time, metaphorically and figuratively speaking. However, it was a day whose importance cannot be ignored in terms of where the wider body of Muslims is today, and how far it had moved from its deen for that action to even occur in the first place.

It is now a matter of considerable awareness in the Muslim Ummah that the Khilafah is the name given to the state that implements Islam - ie: the practical result of Islam's application on a societal level. Despite this, the understanding of the Khilafah and what it stands for remains cursory and not in depth, a situation that can only be changed by raising awareness through such mediums as this and discussion in society in general.

One of the most important steps to increasing the level of knowledge of the Ummah at large is to endow it with information about how the Khilafah ended and what the effects of its non-existence have been. Key to this is actually knowing a bit about its last days, including the date when its ailing body was finally laid to rest.

The conception that the Khilafah was a model of Islam till its last days, while not a popular one fortunately, is wrong if indeed held by anyone delusional enough to believe. Yet it is also my belief that the contrasting conception, that the Khilafah in its last 200 years or so wasnt a Khilafah at all but a completely non Islamic entity is also incorrect. The Khilafah was indeed corrupted, ailing and in general disorder, but it nonetheless used Islam as the primary source of legislation. And that is not to say that it did so in the way Saudi Arabia today, for instance, does (paying lip service to the Shariah while attributing ultimate sovereignty in rulership to non-Islamic western forces and influences). Most importantly, even if the implementation of certain edicts was incorrect (as it was), the state seeked to convey Islam to the world and undertook actions to defend it. This is always important in judging whether the carriers of an ideology have stuck to it or are merely doing it lip-service or any other type of disservice.

It is said by many that an ideology is as strong as those who carry it. This is not completely true,as, given the universal and inherently correct nature of the Islamic ideology (as we Muslims take it as being), we Muslims believe that any lapse on the part of the believers is only temporary and reversable. Hence Islam can never be "wiped off the face of the Earth", but adherence to it can wane given the influence of contra-Islamic forces such as the Shaytaan and Kufr at large. Thus, while the Ummah lost its direct touch with its Islam in terms of its implementation, clearly its love for Islam was not lost. Even if we are to take the aforementioned yardstick in judging the Islamic ideology, then even at the time of the Khilafah's downfall, some administrators thereof were fighting for its continuation and existance. Yes, it was rotten in many aspects, but not UnIslamic completely, a charge some Muslims level against it.

Several articles over the years have used elaborate metaphors to describe the "end times" of the Islamic state. I shall stick to the one which treats it as a body. The state had been poisoned by several factors in the lead up to its death: the Muslims' decline in tawheed (and thus decline in attribution of complete sovereignty to Allah and his law - the Shariah), external forces (the infamous missionaries and schools being set up) and the introduction of new ways of thinking which hadnt existed before.

As if one was needed, the death sentence was pronounced on the aforementioned date - 3/3/1924. The Khaleef of the last state, the 101st Khaleef - Abdul Mejid 2 - was exiled from Turkey on this day with a single suitcase. Mustafa Kemal, "father of turkey" and the hangman of Islam's final remaining "vestige", became a hero. But history is testament to the fact that where material advancement was promised through a system superior to the Islamic one, there has been nothing but trepidation and identity-based limbo. Turkey today is rejected by Europe as it is rejected as a nation by the Muslim Ummah, the butt of heavy criticism of "modern Islam" as our Ummah returns once more to its roots slowly but surely.

Where other nations too promised advancement on the basis of nationalism and capitalism, backwardness, poverty and corruption are all that has resulted. In nations such as Pakistan, materialistic advancements, sporradic and often temporary in nature, are overshadowed completely in the eyes of the Ummah by the betrayal of rulers such as Pervez Musharraf. Be it materialistically, or from a religious perspective, the move away from Islam has only led to negatives for Muslims worldwide.

This week is the 83rd anniversary of the fall of the Islamic Khilafah. As each year goes by, the ramifications of its absence are clearer, and its need even more so.

A famous Islamic rap group once dealt extensively with this topic. They also saw the onus as being on the Muslim youth to carry the call for Islam once again, something with which it is hard to disagree. The burden is surely on us, and in their own words, its up to the youth today - "either we make history, or we become history".

Posted Image

#2 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:11 PM

This article is not meant to be a comprehensive study of the cause and effects of the Khilafah's downfall. Rather, it is intended to be an introduction to a wider and what we hope much more comprehensive discussion, including articles, dates, Islamically founded arguments and evidence (daleel). Insha Allah this eventuates!

Please feel free to disagree with any of what has been written. This is one perspective - there may well exist more.

We want discussion and the expounding of details regarding this topic!

Go for it peeps :)

wasalam

Faraz Amin

#3 7Cgen

Admin Annoucements

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:54 AM

BUMP!
THE MESSAGE (4) IS RELEASED!

#4 Lost sista

Asteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:30 PM

good article.
hope to see some good discussion on this soon!!! :)

wasalam

#5 Mo3tasima

Formerly "RaS"

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Interests:are under attack. May Allah swt allow us to witness the victory of Islam. Ameen

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:15 PM

Assalam alaikum,

Jazak allahu kheiran brother Faraz, a fine piece youve got there !

Takbir: Allahu Akbar!!

Indeed it is a dreaded anniversary, more like a day of mourning.. except the grief in the hearts of the muslims due to the loss of khilafah lasts more than just a day :( Inshallah khair, Allah swt is the most powerful, most great and i pray we see the uprising of an islamic state soon, ya rab!

Inshallah brothers and sisters keep your duas going!

ps. i have no disagreements

wd wr wb
RaS

#6 brotown

Boulder

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:17 PM

hehe i sense that some might!! where are our bros like muwwahid!! wahoooot! GET DOWN HERE boyos! :P
lets see what they think!
gotta bail - 2.16 in sydney!

#7 shaban

Pebble

• Brothers
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:48 PM

(POSTS FROM BROTHER SHABAN's thread below!)

Salaams all,

Now here is teh scoop:

I was confronted by a brother, very well repected in the community & he has this to say................
...................................... Until we can fix our selves first, until we as an ummah can raise ourselves.......i mean we dont want a khilafa now?....it would be premature...& it would indefinitely fail.....do you want to go back to teh failures of 1924?......So until such time we as an ummah can raise ourselves & destroy teh barriers of nationalism the word Khilafah should be banished from our vocabulary!....

.....Comments please.

#8 *F*

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:55 PM

OMG MY FRIEND SAID THAT! :o

Is this person from ISB? :unsure:

My friend also said because our ummah is so unstable we're not ready 4 the khilafah yet, and beacuse we have so many divisions. So if the khilafah is like a hanafi, a salafi might not agree with him being in position and the divisions can cause problems.

#9 brotown

Boulder

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:56 PM

LOOOOOOOL subhan allah
brother hehehe. u wouldnt believe me... i raised the same point once. got answered quite well. lets wait to see if one of the brothers can answer it in the next few hours or i will try it :)
good question. jzaks for raising... lets see how it goes :)

#10 Lost sista

Asteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:00 PM

omg our DAD SAYS THAT!!!!
but i was discussing with my bro, and its a pretty easy argument to beat. lets wait for some answers!

ws

#11 Umm Baseerah

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:00 PM

Wow interesting. Can't wait to read some replies!

#12 *F*

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:09 PM

I cant wait for the answers too :w00t:

finally get too smash his know-it-all brain <_<

#13 Lost sista

Asteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:10 PM

.....soon i hope lol....

#14 fazza

Meteroid

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:13 PM

^
good. shes gone to school. peace now.

i will try to answer soon insha allah.

#15 7Cgen

Admin Annoucements

• Administration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:16 PM

THREAD COMBINED WITH THE MESSAGE ARTICLE. WE WANT THIS TO BE A PART OF THE WIDER DISCUSSION ON THIS TOPIC.

Please discuss this issue herein from this point in :)

Wasalam

Admin Team

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.