Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 110

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/c7gen/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_20/skin_topic.php:909) in /home3/c7gen/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
The Sight Of The Kaaba - 7th Century Generation

The Sight Of The Kaaba

8 replies to this topic

#1 covered for Allah

Asteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,356 posts
  • Interests:The State of The Ummah!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:11 AM

Source: Excerpt from a speech of Shaikh Zulfiqar - sacredlearning.com

One never tires of gazing at the sight of the House of Allah, the Kaa'ba. The site upon which the mercy and blessings of Allah are constantly descending. There is truly nothing comparable to the House of Allah on this Earth. People wish time would stand still so they could keep gazing at the Kaa'ba; their thirst is never quenched, rather it increases.

Once, while on a visit to Washington, people told me that a woman had accepted Islam and had some questions for me. They told me that many non-practicing Muslim women had started practicing again due to her. At prayer time she would dress in her best clothes as if readying herself for someone special, and would become oblivious to everything around her as soon she started praying.

After a brief question and answer session, I asked her what prompted her to accept Islam. She sighed and started explaining; "I was a Jew and my husband was a Christian who was posted in Saudi Arabia for some technical work. Everyday I used to see Muslim men and women dressed in white on their way somewhere. I asked my husband where they were going and he told me that they go to perform pilgrimage at the Muslim shrine of Kaa'ba. I expressed a desire to go but he told me that non-Muslims were not allowed. However, I was determined and so we both bought white clothes and set out. Fortunately no one stopped us and we reached Makkah, from where we found directions to the Kaa'ba. Upon seeing the Kaa'ba our eyes froze and time seemed to stand still. When we turned to look at each other after some time, we were both crying. With our eyes we told each other that this was the Truth and we should accept Islam. No one ever told me about Islam, but there were so many blessings descending on that House that they changed my life forever."

The blessings of Tawhid descend in Makkah, and the blessings of Prophethood descend in Madinah. One has seen nothing in life if he has not seen these two holy sites. May Allah give all Muslims the opportunity to visit to His House.

#2 murissa

Formerly "Rrimz"

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:33 AM

AMEEN!! aaaw cant wait to go to hajj inshaAllah :)

Was Salaam

#3 Sabat

Boulder

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:41 AM

MashAllah, the way she explained how she felt, almsot brought tears to my eyes.

Im shrue bro unknown and other who went to hajj can relate.

My brother promised my grandmother and grandfather when he was really young that he would take them to hajj when he got older,at the age of 22 he has decieded to make that happen next year(technically this year) inshAllah, Along with my mother and I, aswell as many other family memebrs.

Jakumalahu Khair sister.

Edited by Sabat, 09 April 2007 - 06:42 AM.

#4 Nomad

Stone

• Brothers
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:42 PM

I can relate to everything she said! The feeling when seeing the Kaaba for the first time is very difficult to discribe. Time definately just stands still, its one of those events in life you can recall crystal clearly. Its said the dua made when entering the haram and seeing the kaaba for the first time is instantly accepted by Allah, i remember my experience when seeing it for the first time the dua i wanted to make i coudnt remember because i was so gobsmacked from just the sight of the kaaba nothing would register in my head! Fortunatly i came back to reality and eventually made my dua! Been back twice since and its always like going back for the first time.

#5 covered for Allah

Asteroid

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,356 posts
  • Interests:The State of The Ummah!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:11 PM

I'v fallen in love with the kaba, i cant get over the first time/ and everyother time i saw it, inshaAllah intend to to Hajj this year if Allah swt makes in possible, i need your dua's brothers and sisters.

Rimz and Sabat :icon_smile_sonstige_60: @ your Shk Hamza signature!

#6 Umm_Azizah

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:07 PM

SUBHAN ALLAH!!!

You know it is impossible for anyone to forget that first sight of the kabah.
Each pilgrim reacts to seeing the Kaaba in his own way. In my first experience I became suddenly dazed.and its true...time stands still....and you are struck by deep feelings of sweet tranquility.

I've only been to do Umrah....
But in just two weeks, I became so accustomed to the intense spiritual life in the two blessed cities, that I could only feel a poignant sense of loss upon returning to our "home". Feelings of nostalgia that gripped my heart stimulate a constant yearning to return time and time again to Makkah and Madinah. The memories of Makkah and Madinah captivate your heart.
I am to this day still enveloped in the peace and tranquility of my momentous journey, Insha'Allah, Ipray that Allah (SWT) enables meto carry with me the same level of spiritual devotion I experienced and more, until I am blessed by His favor to return again. Ameen.

#7 abu bakr

Boulder

• Brothers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:26 AM

ameen to the dua insha Allah
very nice post sis
jazakallahu khair

#8 PEACE-DOVE

Comet

• Sisters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:38 AM

Salaamz,
Masha'allah it was a very touching story, It's a blessing that she managed to see the Kabah masha'allah,
Allah (swt) is indeed the best of planers ;)
Fiamaanillah
Maymie

#9 Asmaa

Rock

• Sisters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:26 PM

Subhaan Allah...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Original Skin by CrustyGeek/ReSkinned by Dumbledore for TPPSkinning.com

All communications made available as part of this forum and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of 7cgen.com or any of it's administration team. Click here for full disclaimer.